• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn that Luffy tech.

Shikamaru hadn't done anything relevant after the time skip until the Immortals arc, his last major screen time was the Sauske retrieval arc where he got major character growth after failing to rescue Sasuke... growth we haven't seen until this arc where he loses Asuma and has another major growth. It's why the arc loses some of it's impact for me, Shikamaru needed more screen time between the two arcs where he's relevant to see more natural development.

That's more of a problem with the pacing of the show than his character. There have only been two canon arcs before this and you can only fit in so many characters into each arc. Its a problem most long running shonen suffer from in general.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The Strawhats actually do a really good job at not letting Robin out of their sight. I can only think of two times she isn't being constantly watched by one or more of them lol

Crocodile

Oh yeah, I was wondering what happened to those trees

Also sleep eating is stupid

Marines killing everyone in a town full of citizens isn't exactly the smartest idea :p

They don't need to murder everybody but I would still expect "retribution" to the city after the events of Enies Lobby. Like martial law at least.

The death flags for ace were apparent after his battle with BB, the whole saga should just be called Ace death flags

Future OP spoilers
Unless you got spoiled beforehand, it's very unlikely for you to believe that Ace would die, considering how rare death for a major character is in One Piece.

Have I mentioned how much I like Franky's design?

I just wish I could say the same for the
character designs post time skip.

Yeah,
Franky's design just got way too busy, and it's lacking the charm of his original look. Especially since he lost his hair, outside of one gag.

So is Usopp still keeping his distance from the crew at this time, or is it just because he was out working he's not at the temporary pirate headquarters?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
BROTHER

doesn't feel the same anymore :(

I wonder if current dub episodes will cut down on Franky's "Hulk Hogan-isms"
Not like it matters since the dub is on Amazon Lily and we'll barely see him

Yeah,
Franky's design just got way too busy, and it's lacking the charm of his original look. Especially since he lost his hair, outside of one gag.

But he didn't lose his hair, he can change it at anytime. He has different hair styles throughout.

They don't need to murder everybody but I would still expect "retribution" to the city after the events of Enies Lobby. Like martial law at least.

And considering the whole island is essentially on The Straw Hats side now, it'd still probably end really badly. The Marines know how to pick and choose their battles. They're really only after the Straw Hats anyway.

Seda

SGiJ5kI.gif

God damn that Luffy tech.

That's more of a problem with the pacing of the show than his character. There have only been two canon arcs before this and you can only fit in so many characters into each arc. Its a problem most long running shonen suffer from in general.

It was still nearly 2 years worth of chapters between the arcs in the manga, arcs where the only characters the series gives any focus to are Team 7 and Gaara's team. The problem isn't pacing it's extremely poor plot planning and it's a reoccurring problem as the post time skip story continues.

Concerning
Ace's death
it wasn't
Ace that I felt for but Luffy.
Through the preceding arcs Luffy went through hell and coupled with the crew's crushing defeat at Sabaody his failure to save Ace hit pretty hard. Also if you go back to people reading through it in the previous manga thread, absolutely no one believed that Ace would die. Pell survived a nuke after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom