• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER

EDIT: HOLY SHIT WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Soulflarz

Banned
Also random thought- nearly captured isn't anything of note. That just means you did the anime thing of failing but found the person before you failed.

Oh hey the Marines.

Zoro pls.

I definitely don't disagree with the poor plot planning as it especially gets worse as you get through the show, but even then as a side character in a show with dozens of them he still gets much more character development and scenes than any other. And two years really isn't that long for shonen time lol.

It's not super long for a shonen, but the impact it should have is lost due to Shikamaru's lack of role between the two arcs where he gets major plot development. It's still effective it just could have been more effective.

"Grandpa?"

V1s5l9V.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also random thought- nearly captured isn't anything of note. That just means you did the anime thing of failing but found the person before you failed.

Garp and Roger nearly killed each other countless times.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn Toei naming episode titles after the last 3 minutes of the actual episode.

Guess I'll watch AoT considering I need to stay up until 7 or 8 a.m. to continue getting my body used to staying up all night.

It's not super long for a shonen, but the impact it should have is lost due to Shikamaru's lack of role between the two arcs where he gets major plot development. It's still effective it just could have been more effective.

You're probably right. It could also be based on personal bias since I was on a Naruto binge when I watched it and it was only a few weeks between the Sasuke retrieval arc and this one. Guess its probably a lot more jarring for people who have had to wait weekly.

Raxus

Can't wait for next week.

So many plot bombs are dropping.

I also look forward to discussing a nice sidestory in the manga the anime didn't skip in favor of fucking Apis filler arcs.

YES I AM STILL BITTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom