• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I still remember when this chapter came out. Soooo many people lost their shit.

See you all in the morning.

Crocodile

tumblr_mw9yn49IQv1rci3bho1_500.gif

Garp was able to hurt Luffy using
Haki?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh so we're right in the middle of the female titan arc? Eeeh, least it's an more interesting part I decided to jump back in.

Raxus

I am going to go ahead and spoil a tiny factoid about Garp
he is one of a few badass characters who does not have the use devil fruit powers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I REALLY hope the Koei Tecmo AoT game turns out well. Despite the quality of the show, the idea of being able to swing around & attack has some great potential for a game.

...............then again.....*remembers the 3DS game*.....

Man, I REALLY hope the Koei Tecmo AoT game turns out well. Despite the quality of the show, the idea of being able to swing around & attack has some great potential for a game.

...............then again.....*remembers the 3DS game*.....

It's the first console IP for an anime property. Don't expect it to be great just yet. At best, it'll be passable.

You're probably right. It could also be based on personal bias since I was on a Naruto binge when I watched it and it was only a few weeks between the Sasuke retrieval arc and this one. Guess its probably a lot more jarring for people who have had to wait weekly.

The first time I read/experienced Naruto it was over a 1-2 week period to catch up before the
Tobi reveal
. I think it was this actual fight/arc where I got very frustrated because I saw all the built up potential that was being squandered, I initially gave the first two post time skip arcs a sense of "well we gotta somewhat slow things down to build them back up" but then this arc hits and it was just the perfect combination of things that irked me.

Naruto spends half the arc training after having not accomplished much in the first two arcs since training for 3 years leading me to question what the point of all his training was, the story finally focuses on a b-team character I like (Shikamaru) but surrounds him with 2 d-tier characters and a c-tier character that has massive death flags pushing while all the more interesting b-tier characters are MIA (Hinata, Rock Lee, Neji, etc). It lead me to ask what was the point of introducing all these characters in the chunin exam, teasing them working together again in the future once they all got stronger after the sause retrieve failure, and then putting them aside for d-tier characters nobody cares about.

There are more points that irk me that I'll get into later, but this arc despite being one of the best in part 2 still frustrates me because I see so much potential wasted.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, this is the one where everyone died.

BECAUSE THEY TRUSTED EACH OTHER.

So the moral of this episode is......don't trust others or else you'll die....or something, I don't know....*goes back to reading One Punch Man*

Seda

Oh right, this is the one where everyone died.

BECAUSE THEY TRUSTED EACH OTHER.

So the moral of this episode is......don't trust others or else you'll die....or something, I don't know....*goes back to reading One Punch Man*

No morals, AoT just likes to emphasize futility.

Seda

I feel that this episode is probably one of the best ones of the show, but AoT really really loves overdoing everything wrt drama

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUGGGGGHHHHH, this freakin' voice alteration.

Poor Papenbrook, his voice & acting is fine for the most part & he HAS been in good stuff (seriously, Danganronpa 2 = best role), but he seriously needs better direction most of the time. I'd argue for the most part, it's not even his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom