• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

On a less disturbing note, I know what I'm importing from Japan this week.

CNFU_0oUkAApqC3.jpg

That's on a more disturbing note, not less.

BBboy20

Yeah, this looks like the moment that really cements it.

I really like Hatchin's outfits in this episode, by the way. Sort of a boyish hippie look.
So on point.

OH NO HES COUGHING UP ROSE PETALS!!!
Man, and I'm watching the Metal Gear Twitch marathon: http://www.twitch.tv/uknighted

Does anyone think the episode looks like it's in soap opera mode? LIke the framerate is weird.
Yep.

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER

EDIT: HOLY SHIT WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
OMG, GARP D. LUFFY?!?
"Grandpa?"

V1s5l9V.gif
NAAAAAAANIIIIII!?!?!?!
What a twist!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?
Whaaaaat?
This dumbass didn't just...spawn from the bowels of the earth?! HE ACTUALLY HAS A FAMILY? WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!
Tell me the fuck about it!

Hilarious.

And yeah, I was thinking during that rita part "wtf the rope burn would kill you"
Like, that rope would have to have to be made of a unique nylon or something for it to not nappen.

I get a lot of advantages due to the fact that i have an incredible voice and can bullshit better then any other human being on earth. And Im also humungous and that presents an air of dependability. But just presenting yourself well and also having a good resume does wonders man.
And they have no idea you take acid.

Moaradin

Well, the difference is that Naruto is finished and he's already at his full potential. One Piece is like halfway done and Luffy isn't even close to his full potential yet.

Soulflarz

Banned
Luffy is rubber and iirc people in Naruto don't attack in ways that negate that normally so doesn't Luffy kind of default win against Naruto?

Luffy is rubber and iirc people in Naruto don't attack in ways that negate that normally so doesn't Luffy kind of default win against Naruto?

Luffy is weak against weapons that can cut like swords, so kunai and the fact that Naruto can use wind jutsu probably put him at an advantage there.

Naruto's special ability is wind balls that cut so no.

Naruto and Ichigo are way stronger then Luffy. Luffy could probably rampage up an Island at best.

Even beyond the stuff mentioned above, Naruto gets stupid powerful later on.
If we're counting The Last, then he survives an attack that cuts the Moon in half. He still gets knocked out for an entire day when his daughter hits him in the crotch, though

Pre-Timeskip Luffy> Pre-Timeskip Naruto

Pre-Timeskip Luffy(with G2&3)>Immediately after Time-Skip Naruto

Post-Timeskip Luffy> Pre-First power-up Naruto

I'd say Luffy is above Naruto up until the beginning of the gauntlet of power-ups that happens at the end-game.

Line_HTX

They need to filter the Q&A for actual, relevant questions instead of dumb suggestions and why is this show not rerun.

I kind of hope Demarco lays down the rules and enforces the panel laws. Follow the schedule!

Jarate

Banned
Luffy could easily beat Naruto up until Naruto got god mode upgrades. Narutos fighting style has always been fairly incompetent, and unless Naruto uses his special move, he's basically fucked, and even then,
haki
would probably invalidate most of those problems.

I think a Jotaro vs Luffy fight would be a much cooler series.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So it's an Early Shippuden Naruto vs some odd amalgam of Enies Lobby Luffy and
post-timeskip Luffy
?

LolScrewAttack

well they did say "no research" so I guess they're just going off what they vaguely remember about the characters

which is fine I think for a 1 minute video

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Luffy could easily beat Naruto up until Naruto got god mode upgrades. Narutos fighting style has always been fairly incompetent, and unless Naruto uses his special move, he's basically fucked, and even then,
Haki
would probably invalidate most of those problems.

I think a Jotaro vs Luffy fight would be a much cooler series.

Pretty much, modern Luffy could beat Naruto up until he got
full control of the 9-tails abilities.

Also, watch those spoilers.

Eh, I think Naruto becomes a pretty competent fighter during
the Pain arc
and after, even discounting his later abilities. I think even just using Naruto from what I put under a spoiler bar would have resulted in a fairer video. I suspect that a big part of how the video turned out that way is just down to what sprites were available, though.

bigkrev

When's tooni coming to philly?

The problem is that there aren't really conventions in the city proper- the only Anime Con in the city is a 1 day thing called J1-Con at the PA Convention Center in September. We still get a WizardWorld in the city, but most of the gaming/anime/nerd conventions are actually all held in Bumfuck Pennsylvannia, and not the city proper, which makes them super inconvenient for travel.

Fun Fact: I've been to WizardWorld once. I payed for a pass and did nothing but play in a big Yu Yu Hakusho TCG tournament

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say that fight video is pretty fair in that it's Naruto from about halfway through his series vs. Luffy from about halfway through his series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom