• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

Well, I like the manga a bit. Not enough to proclaim it as a favorite, but something to look once in a while.

As for the anime? Eh. *Waves hand dismissively*

Line_HTX

serious question

are people actually enjoying AGK?

I'm enjoying the bad dub performance from unknown names, plus this is the opportunity to continue after I dropped it originally via the three episode test. I really want to see what this Esdeath is about, though....

AGK is a show with so much edge, but no hook.

And no, Esdeath is not a hook. She's a boring overpowered villain with no goddamn personality of her own.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
So I read through a fairly significant portion of the manga, so I mostly know what to expect. Nothing I'd call a fight yet, been mostly disappointed with the action so far. Akame is dull as usual though I like how they're portraying that she's happy that her team isn't dying. The strip down for wound check scene could've been handled better, but I liked that it was there. Bulat is always fun. I kind of forgot how much of a dick the prime minister is and what a chump the emperor is. Ogre kind of gave me Assassin's Creed vibes. The whole faces thing with the pint-sized torturer in the first episode was asinine, a complete miscarriage of how they should have portrayed the scene. I like how quickly Protagonist (Tatsumi, probably?) killed her. First episode was kind of hilarious/sad with foresight. The script was written such that a lot of the lines had double meaning, which was fun. I always liked how Spider Web Boy straight up killed that random girl he found attractive. Very clean. Cat Hands is doing a good job of providing amusing commentary. Snickety Snick Scissors continues to have no character presence, even worse than Akame. Boss is bitchin' as per the norm. I am almost always amused by characters like Pumpkin Projectile, though I wish they hadn't done one of those stupid "no one knows how to knock" things. They've gotten past the "let's show off the weapons" episode so now things can start happening. And the eye guy has arrived. I guess everyone with a soul working for the empire either quit or got murdered T_T. Also, why was that Assistant Instructor at the best martial arts training center in the country unable to break the grip of some random guy over the course of like 15 seconds. Or hell, kill him. Both of his hands were free and Protagonist wasn't exactly dodging. Awful action choreography, just terrible. Oh yeah, that whole "these chores are actually training thing" was complete bullshit. Terrible writing, no effort shown at all. I always liked Pumpkin Projectile's power, because it seemed like it'd be scariest fucking power to have to work with. You need power to kill this guy or thing, but you have to be in danger to power up. Seems like it'd be really stressful to work with.

Final Thoughts: Red Eyes Sword is a really stupid name for a production group.

Line_HTX

Pretty much. If we are watching it together at the same time, it makes a bad anime experience better than if we're on our own. The simultaneous group watch schedule is probably what seperates this from Anime GAF.

Jarate

Banned

Grexeno

I kind of actually want that

Also, Jojo is going to be the best when we do get it, idk about the dub quality, or how well certain posters are going to take it, but at the very least with the amount of twists and turns it takes it's going to be an incredible ride

After Jojo, is Sailor Moon Crustal the next big dub along with DBS?

Has there been a dub for Rage of Bahamut yet?
Sailor Moon Crystal is locked down with Hulu.

Line_HTX

Pirate Warriors 3 and Ninja Storm 4 sound like they're selling like hot cakes.

The Toonami review of J Stars Victory Plus should've been 6/10 with the downsides mentioned.

:p

Jarate

Banned
502ag7Q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom