• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

What's going on, fatso? You tryin' to fuck me over?

What's that about? You turnin' on me? You're a real strip.

I forget Russians say yes like Da.

Mizerman

I don't get why KLK gets a pass for being mind numbingly stupid but SAO is raked under the coals. Is it because the latter tends to take itself more seriously? Maybe, but KLK has these weird moments where it will go into super serious mode even though the majority of the show is meant to be humorous. I think both shows are dumb and fall in the below average tier tbh.

discuss.

It's because of the fact that SAO tries (and fails) to take itself more seriously that I'm more critical of it. It tries to pass itself off as some deep adventure with compelling characters that I'm supposed to root for. SAO has none of that in my opinion. It's just straight out boring and simply being pretty and having decent music doesn't change that. As for KLK, it's mainly stupid but enjoyable to me when it goes balls to the walls crazy.

Does it get kinda strange when it goes serious? Yep. Is it flawed? Pretty much. But I actually care about the characters and the setting to some extent. I can't say the same about SAO. At least I'm not bored while watching KLK.

I don't get why KLK gets a pass for being mind numbingly stupid but SAO is raked under the coals. Is it because the latter tends to take itself more seriously? Maybe, but KLK has these weird moments where it will go into super serious mode even though the majority of the show is meant to be humorous. I think both shows are dumb and fall in the below average tier tbh.

discuss.

Biggest problem with SAO is it's boring, which is the worst thing a piece of entertainment can be.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think SAO is funnier than KLK; the humor falls flat most of the time for me. Mako is your stereotypical hyperactive idiot and the interactions between Ryuuko and pervy sensei/senketsu rarely made me laugh. Best character in the show was that dude from the gold mecha crab bump, he was incredible.

Takarada alone provides more good comedy than the entirety of Sword Art Online. Like, not even just in terms of quality comedy. In terms of the amount of it. SAO falls flat almost every single time it ever attempts comedy. Klein ordering a pizza is still pretty much the funniest thing in that entire series that's supposed to be intentionally funny.

If you're saying SAO is more unintentionally funny than Kill La Kill is intentionally funny, then maybe. Though I wouldn't really consider that much of an indictment of Kill la Kill so much as a statement on how funny SAO is when it fails.

Soulflarz

Banned
Was Hatchin's dad famous or does everyone know who he is in some form by pure luck or did I miss something :V

Just saying, for being a random guy, a lot of people seem to know him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
STILL no Akame ga Kill promo?

SHOW'S DOOMED, SENTAI TO NEVER LET TOONAMI AIR ANOTHER OF THEIR SHOWS AGAIN.

Raxus

Fat guy is the boss of gang fantasma, took hatchin as bait to get michiko, is also a high profile patron at the bullfighting arena.

That's my take.

Pretty much, he is in debt up to his eyeballs and plans to rig the fight AND give Michiko as payment.

discuss.
Kill la Kill has a fantastic and funny dub. I've seen a couple eps in Japanese and thought they weren't as enjoyable.

Crayolan

discuss.

SAO isn't funny.

SAO doesn't have any likable characters

SAO's best action scenes aren't even half as good as KLK's worst.

SAO moves so, so, so fucking slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

SAO is better then KLK only in concept of story and animation. It's only enjoyable in the so bad its good way where you're laughing at how its trying to be a serious series and failing spectacularly in almost every way.

Takashi

Was Hatchin's dad famous or does everyone know who he is in some form by pure luck or did I miss something :V

Just saying, for being a random guy, a lot of people seem to know him.

I see it similar to Vicious, where I'm assuming Hiroshi has quite the notoriety for whatever reasons and we mostly hear about it from supporting characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom