• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Need to know how big that USB stick is, but yeah, Xenobalde X's LE looks rather nice. Hoping for around $80.

Also wow, slept for 9 hours today (8 to 5). Probably the longest I've slept in a long time. Totally rested for Toonami tonight & might make some pizza as well. I know I said it before, but it makes me so happy that I have Sunady nights off so I can continue to watch Toonami with you guys, considering it's one of the few things I look forward to each week. Feels like I haven't been posting as much now that I work 3rd shift.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't really care for CE's. They feel like a waste of money.
I'm just laughing at people freaking out over 8-4 doing the localization. Feels like pointless gripes.

On a different note, I has cats now.

BatDan

Why would you freak out over 8-4? They gave us Baten Kaitos Origins!

Supposedly they're crazy about "censorship" or supposedly leave things out. Like a "Silent Protagonist Mode" in Fire Emblem Awakening. ... Is that really such a bad thing?

Maybe I should stop reading /v/

Seda

Supposedly they're crazy about "censorship" or supposedly leave things out. Like a "Silent Protagonist Mode" in Fire Emblem Awakening. ... Is that really such a bad thing?

Maybe I should stop reading /v/

Anything regarding censorship would be on NoA, not 8-4 lol.

guise, don't hate on 8-4.

Well, I guess I'll continue Psycho-Pass since Toonami's gonna marathon AoT on the site even more. I REALLY hope it's put back into the vault after its current run.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Twenty is more or less the star of the Rock Lee show though, where her violent straightman role shines.

Yeah, Rock Lee isn't even really the star of his own show. You look forward to seeing Neji get dragged along with Lee's hijinx (or have a hilarious moment of his own), and TenTen's reaction to everything. TenTen and Neji are the stars.

BatDan

That would be NoA, who are weirdos anyway

Wait is this a normal night tonight or an AoT marathon

True, NoA does make a lot of weird choices...

No, that picture is for the new version of Pre-Flight where they marathon certain shows every day.
Normal night tonight.
Next week is a Michiko & Hatchin marathon since it's Labor Day weekend.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My beef with 8-4 comes from their podcast and it's a personal issue that's quite silly. They wouldn't shut up about Monster Hunter when I wasn't into it and now that I am its seemingly nothing but Destiny talk, which is a game I just don't care for.

Also Xenoblade is back on Amazon. That little sell out scare convinced me to order it, so, if it was an advertising ploy it worked brilliantly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So riddle me this. Not long before I was leaving from work this morning, my friend & another employee were saying how anime is better subbed because the voice actors "get the emotions across better" & it was due to the people being in the same room when they record the voices in order to work off each other.

Now there IS some truth to this, as I know they had 2 or 3 people in the same room recording dialogue for The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, & obviously if the actors get along with each other better, it drives the performance up, but anyone know if there's truth to this for current anime for the most part?

So riddle me this. Not long before I was leaving from work this morning, my friend & another employee were saying how anime is better subbed because the voice actors "get the emotions across better" & it was due to the people being in the same room when they record the voices in order to work off each other.

Now there IS some truth to this, as I know they would have 2 or 3 people in the same room recording dialogue for The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, but anyone know if there's truth to this for current anime?

I know it's true for One Piece or at least I've read that before

No escape is an alright movie. I really liked Owen Wilson in this, he actually does a good job. But ultimately it felt a little boring and disjointed. The plot is dumb as shit and I don't know why Pierce Brosnan is doing in here and I don't care for his character much.
My verdict: Wait for Netflix.

Levyne

Banned
I was at the Xenoblade panel where they revealed the special edition. The crowd was pretty cool and xenoblade might end up being my first real wii u game

No escape is an alright movie. I really liked Owen Wilson in this, he actually does a good job. But ultimately it felt a little boring and disjointed. The plot is dumb as shit and I don't know why Pierce Brosnan is doing in here and I don't care for his character much.

The scene where he throws his daughter to his wife looks goddamn hilarious in the tv trailer.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Brosnan probably wanted to pre-order the new Ferrari or something, so he took the first role he was offered. I know I've done it, but obviously not on that scale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, okay, so there is some truth behind it. I wanted to make sure it was actually a thing still being done in today's cartoons/anime. As mentioned, I know The Real Ghostbusters did it back in the '80s & it does help when you're with someone else because it helps set the mood & you're able to work off others knowing what the other characters sound like/how they react.

I just wanted to make sure he wasn't trying to find a reason to be all "SUBS ARE SUPERIOR TO DUBS!" since I know there exist excellent dubs.

Also, Absolution, I might start to rival how often you go to the movies now that I'm allowed free movies, 3D, & even IMAX (though I have to go to another town since mine doesn't have it).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ah, okay, so there is some truth behind it. I wanted to make sure it was actually a thing still being done in today's cartoons/anime. As mentioned, I know The Real Ghostbusters did it back in the '80s & it does help when you're with someone else because it helps set the mood & you're able to work off others knowing what the other characters sound like/how they react.

I just wanted to make sure he wasn't trying to find a reason to be all "SUBS ARE SUPERIOR TO DUBS!" since I know there exist excellent dubs.

Also, Absolution, I might start to rival how often you go to the movies now that I'm allowed free movies, 3D, & even IMAX (though I have to go to another town since mine doesn't have it).

It's just a matter of is the studio willing to shell out the money to do it the right way, for One Piece I do know that they have a couple of people in the room at a time while recording. Hence the good dub. 99% sure it was the same for something like Full Metal Panic. I'm pretty sure if they deem the chemistry between characters important enough they spring for it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Gohan goes HAM on Frieza after witnessing Krillin get tossed into the Namekian sea, Tatsumi and Night Raid set their sights on a mad executioner, Satoshi orders Shinsuke to put Michiko on a train headed his way, the Sleeping Knights fight their way back to the boss room, the rest of Team Ino-Shika-Cho arrives just in time to bear witness to their sensei's final moments, Luffy's grandfather Vice Admiral Monkey D. Garp spills the beans about Luffy's true lineage, and finally the Scouts make a mad dash back to civilization to escape the Titans.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 37 - A Nightmare Transformation! Frieza's Power Level: One Million!?
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 38 - Frieza Bares His Fangs! Gohan's Overwhelming Attack
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 4 - Kill the Imperial Arm User
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 10 - The Carnival of Hyenas
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 21 - Monument of the Swordsmen
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 80 - Last Words
2:30 - One Piece - 314 - The Strongest Family? Luffy's Father Revealed!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 22 - Defeated: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 6

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I haven't seen any of the middle of the night's shows I can confirm that the bread of the sandwich of anime is pretty damn good. Even an above average episode of AOT.

The scene where he throws his daughter to his wife looks goddamn hilarious in the tv trailer.
It's even more hilarious in the movie. Dude has 2 kids plus his wife go through the same thing.

Though I won't lie, this movie is tense in spots.

IMAX is the best if you can get to it. The sound alone is worth it.
Although, it's even better if it's a true IMAX, the enormity of the screen is just astounding. I only get to go every 6 months or so because the theater is a good hour and change away and not every movie is worth it over lieMAX.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IMAX is the best if you can get to it. The sound alone is worth it.
Although, it's even better if it's a true IMAX, the enormity of the screen is just astounding. I only get to go every 6 months or so because the theater is a good hour and change away and not every movie is worth it over lieMAX.
Yeah, closest one is about an hour away & only time I went was with my friend who also works at the theater to see Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3D. We might go to go see Deadpool at IMAX as well. Just amazing how huge the screen/room is.

Though part of me is glad our town didn't get one (I think we were suppose to when our theater was being built, hence why the end of the hallway is strangely big) because oh god the thought of having to clean out that room twice a week, especially when bigger movies hit...

Regiruler

CNnyEHhUkAAvwur.png

Shamelessly stolen from BN's twitter who seemed to steal it from somewhere else

It makes me kind of sad that Ponycanyon picked up Rokka Braves of the 6 Flowers as that'd be an awesome Toonami show down the road but I don't think ponycanyon dubs anything :'[

I know for a fact that My Little Pony has the actors in the same room, with the exception of Tara Strong, who phones in her lines separately (she's in Texas, the others are recorded in Canada, I believe).

It's even more hilarious in the movie. Dude has 2 kids plus his wife go through the same thing.

Though I won't lie, this movie is tense in spots.

The way the Cinema Snob describes it, if you just inserted a couple of moments where Owen Wilson makes a deadpan remark, it would easily be a comedy.

Moaradin

Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I went into it expecting Seven Deadly Sins 2, but I had no idea it does such a good job at building mystery and tension.

Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I went into it expecting Seven Deadly Sins 2, but I had no idea it does such a good job at building mystery and tension.

Yeah it gives the illusion of being some d tier fantasy adventure series full of trope characters and silly writing... and then BAM it's almost like a completely different series started very much a "And Then There Were None" story where anyone could be the guilty party
except it's been obvious to me since the beginning who the actual fake was due to a variety of reasons and each episode continues to give evidence building to that conclusion

I accidentally took melatonin instead of advil a few hours ago (don't ask how that happened) so I probably wont watch the whole block, but I never watch past Michiko anyway

Warner Brother putting Mad Mad out the day after MGSV is insanely stupid.

I'm willing to bet most people don't even know it's coming out. I haven't seen any advertisements for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom