• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lol RIP

Basically you go there and will watch 3 grab bag animes (aka random ones) and then a few continued ones. No discussion is allowed during these, and they talked about asking people to leave for talking.

I don't see the point in group watching a show if it's the equivalent of watching it at home alone.

Also there was some bad taste in there, something we aren't allowed to note.
When asked favorite anime, multiple Persona 4s and SAOs :V
And random shows I haven't heard of but they informed us were hentai. No thanks :x

Also some kid recognized me and keeps going up to me and talking about how he only plays japanese games and how he doesn't even like anime besides Metal Gear and I think avoiding him is a valid reason to not go.

Yikes, yea that sounds like my one afternoon's experience with my school's anime club. Good job on recognizing the need to bail out.

LOLDSFAN

I'm an introvert who doesn't like talking about his hobbies too much online or offline so I would never want to join an anime club.

Soulflarz

Banned
An anime club... with no discussion!? What the hell is the point.

I have no clue. I'm not walking 20 minutes each way to go to a club where we can't talk during the shows lightly, it serves no purpose. It's like they missed the whole point of group watches? We aren't in a movie theatre.

I mean, they eat out afterwards sometimes they said, doesn't exactly make me feel any stronger need to hang out with these people...

there are many places I'd rather be than an anime club

the dentist

Same. I'll become a shut in before I become friends with the majority of that club.

The point is to yell in the room that your tastes are shit.
Kappa

Nope, banned, was like the first thing they said.

I'm an introvert who doesn't like talking about his hobbies too much online or offline so I would never want to join an anime club.

I just don't love talking to people solely about anime for hours on end. I want to get to know you (whomever I'm discussing anime with) as a person too.

Line_HTX

I've met some anime people in college that not only talked trash about your show, they loved talking football also. I got lucky that I had fun with them. I mostly made fun of their teams.

Seda

I never considered joining an anime club because I don't think I watched any anime before graduating.

outside of like dbz and gundam wing

Soulflarz

Banned
I now have no idea what I'm supposed to do on a Saturday afternoon in college besides play games/read or do schoolwork if relevant. Thanks anime club. :V

Lol RIP

Basically you go there and will watch 3 grab bag animes (aka random ones) and then a few continued ones. No discussion is allowed during these, and they talked about asking people to leave for talking.

I don't see the point in group watching a show if it's the equivalent of watching it at home alone.

Also there was some bad taste in there, something we aren't allowed to note.
When asked favorite anime, multiple Persona 4s and SAOs :V
And random shows I haven't heard of but they informed us were hentai. No thanks :x

Also some kid recognized me and keeps going up to me and talking about how he only plays japanese games and how he doesn't even like anime besides Metal Gear and I think avoiding him is a valid reason to not go.

Which is why I left my schools anime club after a day

That sucks about anime club, man. Ive always wanted to do something like anime clubs irl but Ive found that doing things online is much more fun. No having to go anywhere for meetings and you can always leave if you dont like what's airing. Also y'all are just the right level of nerdy for me. No elitist otakus in here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That sucks about anime club, man. Ive always wanted to do something like anime clubs irl but Ive found that doing things online is much more fun. No having to go anywhere for meetings and you can always leave if you dont like what's airing. Also y'all are just the right level of nerdy for me. No elitist otakus in here.

Yea, if this was a college anime club it would be the college best anime club.

I don't really want the money though :/ I don't need it at the moment. Maybe for something to do...I...guess?

If you already have an idea of what you want to do then try and grab an internship.

I'll say this about the whole no talking thing

I love the discussion and live feed back during Toonami with Toonami GAF, it's a highlight of my week.

Watching new anime IRL with a small group like 3-6 can be decent with some minor talking during the slower scenes or light riffing

Watching new anime with a large group of 20-30 people with talking could turn into a cluster fuck especially for a dubbed series where half the time you wouldn't be able to hear over the sound of people commentating/riffing. We already have issues in Toonami GAF of people missing plot details due to the nature of reading/posting comments during shows imagine that if all of us were talking the whole time? GG

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Talking during shows is real annoying, you talk in between shows.

Hell even typing funny shit every Saturday night for 3.5 hours you'll notice that sometimes people miss obvious shit because they were too busy coming up with the funnies.

I've only watched anime with another person 3 times in my life

1. In 7th grade my friend Stephen came over after school to work on a project and we ended up watching Zoids/G Gundam

2. My senior year in college my buddy came over to my house and we watched DBZ clips on a Sunday afternoon while drinking leftover beer from a party we had the night before

3. When I was 10 or 11 I got my dad to watch an episode of DBZ with me but he rage quit after seeing Mr. Popo because he thought it was racist

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In fairness Mr Popo is pretty racist.

The only other time I've ever watching anime with someone else was DBZ when I was a kid. A bunch of us would hang out after school and get someone's mom or something to order pizza for us.

Crocodile

Me and one of my friends ran an anime club back in high school. We ran it the complete opposite of what Soul described in his experience though. Much riffing, laughter and good atmosphere was had (though things were a bit more contemplative/quiet when we showed more somber stuff). Also helped we all had a good grasp of hygiene and were all relatively well-adjusted individuals.

Perhaps one of the funniest memories was when one of the faculty made us promise we would never show Hentai (as if we were stupid enough to do that anyway) LOL

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Me and one of my friends ran an anime club back in high school. We ran it the complete opposite of what Soul described in his experience though. Much riffing, laughter and good atmosphere was had (though things were a bit more contemplative/quiet when we showed more somber stuff). Also helped we all had a good grasp of hygiene and were all relatively well-adjusted individuals.

Perhaps one of the funniest memories was when one of the faculty made us promise we would never show Hentai (as if we were stupid enough to do that anyway) LOL

They probably had that problem before :lol

I remember tonight's episode of Akame Ga Kill being almost kinda good tonight.

It's a show that's still gonna cause neurons to commit Seppuku when you watch it, but that comes with the territory.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Tenten is hype

falPk8z.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Guys, I couldn't resist. I put in an order for the collector's edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm a sucker for artbooks.

I've watched anime with people lots of times, heck just last month I was watching Sailor Moon R dubbed with my sisters when I was watching them on my vacation. My friends in college would get together to hang out and watch anime all the time, it makes me sad that we're so far away and the only time we get to "watch together" is during Toonami when we text.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guys, I couldn't resist. I put in an order for the collector's edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm a sucker for artbooks.

I'm honestly going to buy it and download the digital version. Maybe gift the physical copy of the game to someone. I've only done this a few other times for really great collector's editions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm honestly going to buy it and download the digital version. Maybe gift the physical copy of the game to someone. I've only done this a few other times for really great collector's editions.

I hope the USB is a decent size because it looks sick.

Yeah the artbook and USB CD thing look sick, I dunno if they're worth the extra cost though. TBH I'm part of the problem where I generally only get LE or pre-order/day 1 stuff if there is exclusive content I can only get by doing so :X

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Twenty is running wild.

That's a good policy Bass. I only go for artbooks or full CDs, or if it is basically free. I've been even pickier since I went all digital because it'll usually mean a double dip.

Well, actually I'm wrong. Tenten doesn't get the most boring ending out of the Naruto characters.

She at least has a boring business.

Sakura gets NOTHING.

Just what Sakura deserves.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Nobody cares what Tenten thinks.
Tenten, easily, EASILY, gets the most boring ending out of all the Naruto characters. She's stuck in a failing business with no one to love her.

And it's good.

The Boruto movie strongly hints that Metal Lee is the son of Rock Lee and Ten Ten. All the other ninja are paired up with their spouses and kids.... and TenTen is paired up with Rock Lee and Metal Lee.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Xenoblade Chronicles X is sold out on Amazon. Pretty sure Gamestop will have a ton.

Twenty is my favorite side character. Yes, she is more or less basically ignored in the manga. Yes, most of her non-canon™ episodes are not good. Yes, she sucks in the GNT games she features in. Don't care, Twenty is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom