• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GTO dub is kind of hilarious in that Steve Blum plays pretty much every male character. There are times when he's talking to himself and he's not even bothering using different voices.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The GTO dub is kind of hilarious in that Steve Blum plays pretty much every male character. There are times when he's talking to himself and he's not even bothering using different voices.

Not entirely true. Him and Smallberries the Greater do probably ten male characters on the show combined. I mean, it's a lot, no doubt about it, but most of them rarely interact.

That would be amazing, G Gundam is my shit.

Rightstuf's release of Mobile Suit Gundam on blu-ray is apparently gonna have the dub.

So it seems like they're gonna release the shows with the dub if they can.

Now, the only question is how good the shows will look on blu-ray.

Rightstuf's release of Mobile Suit Gundam on blu-ray is apparently gonna have the dub.

So it seems like they're gonna release the shows with the dub if they can.

Now, the only question is how good the shows will look on blu-ray.

It seems like if the show already has a dub and they can get the rights to release it they will. If a series is undubbed so far they have not tried to outsource the dub to anyone.

Raxus

N-n-no! This Internet forum anime thread is COOL!

Meanwhile, in Oni's house.

b361703ab769469a83e31a5c7024d71a_480.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
Did you tell him you regularly post on a community thread about an anime block on tv in a forum about video games? Because I think that qualifies you as an otaku.

No but

He meant serious otaku, like the thing I ranted about, he saw I'm always on here.
Don't the Japanese use otaku like a serious insult vs minor thing here?

Line_HTX

Hey man I watch anime and wrestling. The coolness from wrestling balances it out.

Soon as I saw dudes cosplaying as Asuna from SAO i turned around and left so hard.

Man, I understand that people really like SAO for their own reasons, but for the life of me I cannot understand why everyone who likes SAO loves Asuna. I just don't get it.

AND HIS NAME IS KIRITO CENA!!

This man can't be from this planet. Does he have no heart? Does he have no soul? You realize what'cha just done, ya sonnuvabitch?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Revelations upon Revelations tonight on One Piece.

Tonight's going to be interesting as this is the first episode since nu-Toonami began that really really heavily depends on knowledge of much earlier events in the series. The only other one that we've seen previously that was kind of like it was the episode where Usopp and Franky discuss what happened to the Going Merry on Skypiea, but this episode is sort of like that x 5.

Fortunately, the show provides some pretty lengthy flashbacks of some events that I don't believe we've seen on this Toonami run before, so it will at least fill those of you new to the series in somewhat.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I have never seen haruhi season 2. And I don't plan to.

Whoever came up with the idea of endless eight, and whoever directed the season, should never be allowed to work in the industry ever again.

There is nothing that having 8 timeloop episodes accomplishes that wouldn't be accomplished by having 2 or 3. First episode is the first loop. Then you can have a failure loop (if you want), followed by the final loop which is successful. You still get the fans to experience the feeling of "GOD DAMNIT GET ME OUT OF HERE!" that the people in the show are experiencing.

Soulflarz

Banned
Details? I saw your text but I'm in a bad cell service area on wifi

Lol RIP

Basically you go there and will watch 3 grab bag animes (aka random ones) and then a few continued ones. No discussion is allowed during these, and they talked about asking people to leave for talking.

I don't see the point in group watching a show if it's the equivalent of watching it at home alone.

Also there was some bad taste in there, something we aren't allowed to note.
When asked favorite anime, multiple Persona 4s and SAOs :V
And random shows I haven't heard of but they informed us were hentai. No thanks :x

Also some kid recognized me and keeps going up to me and talking about how he only plays japanese games and how he doesn't even like anime besides Metal Gear and I think avoiding him is a valid reason to not go.

I've never seen and do not give a fuck about Haruhi but the idea of Endless Eight (we are going to make the same episode 8 times with very slight differences and draw it over again 8 times as well) is the kind of crazy shit I can appreciate.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've never seen and do not give a fuck about Haruhi but the idea of Endless Eight (we are going to make the same episode 8 times with very slight differences and draw it over again 8 times as well) is the kind of crazy shit I can appreciate.

Get in the irc channel so I can slap you

Get in the irc channel so I can slap you

It's like how I think MGS4 isn't that great of the game but the fact they wasted millions of dollars shooting all those live action TV shows to stick at the beginning loading is amazing and makes me like it more

If you do extravagant and frankly stupid things I can respect that, basically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom