• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get this reasoning. I mean, these are all new characters introduced in this arc and Yuuki is a pretty likable character. What, because it's in SAO it doesn't count?

Yuuki is pretty likeable, but the show is still cringeworthily terrible at handling anything "game-like" (even if the fight animation itself is pretty good), the dialogue is still generally garbage, I can't take Asuna seriously as a character at this point pretty much regardless of what's going on, there are literally no stakes on the line whatsoever, and the show has thoroughly run out of opportunities to receive the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Having said that, that was pretty much the closest thing to a competent episode in the entire series so far.

Unfortunately they've also already telegraphed that the Sleeping Knights are all dead or in a coma or some ridiculous melodramatic shit along those lines at this point. They also had icons next to their names on the monument when it looked like Asuna did not, so some shit is going on. We'll see where they go with this next week.

That's part of it.
The bigger part is that there's waaaay better sandwich places out there.

Fair enough... the problem is I live in the middle of NOWHERE and I don't have another option for a good sandwich show unless I want to wait for the slow ass local grocery store to make one (30 minutes away) or go 45 minutes to Jimmy Johns.

Crocodile

Asama's heart is still beating? How?

I don't get this reasoning. I mean, these are all new characters introduced in this arc and Yuuki is a pretty likable character. What, because it's in SAO it doesn't count?

What's not to get? Drama works better when it involves well written characters you're invested in. I like Yuki, mostly for her spunk and skill, but all this drama is ringing hollow to me. I couldn't even tell you the name of most of the people in that crew. The good parts of the episode was the fighting. The "who cares" part was the awkward drama.

LOLDSFAN

VZMjshZ.gif

Mizerman

eeeh I don't get that. SAO is shit most of the time but give credit where credit is due. This arc is pretty decent, SAO or not.

It might not as bad as the previous arcs, but that's not really saying much after going through all that previous crap.

One character alone isn't enough to change that.

Yuuki is pretty likeable, but the show is still cringeworthily terrible at handling anything "game-like" (even if the fight animation itself is pretty good), the dialogue is still generally garbage, I can't take Asuna seriously as a character at this point pretty much regardless of what's going on, there are literally no stakes on the line whatsoever, and the show has thoroughly run out of opportunities to receive the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Having said that, that was pretty much the closest thing to a competent episode in the entire series so far.

Unfortunately they've also already telegraphed that the Sleeping Knights are all dead or in a coma or some ridiculous melodramatic shit along those lines at this point. They also had icons next to their names on the monument when it looked like Asuna did not, so some shit is going on. We'll see where they go with this next week.

Guild icon, if you looked at the other names each name had a different symbol to represent their guild. Each guild leader during a boss raid gets their name and clan icon on the wall, that's why they did the raid solo so they were all considered "guild leaders", Asuna is not in a guild hence she doesn't have a symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom