• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Guild icon, if you looked at the other names each name had a different symbol to represent their guild. Each guild leader during a boss raid gets their name and clan icon on the wall, that's why they did the raid solo so they were all considered "guild leaders", Asuna is not in a guild hence she doesn't have a symbol.

Ah, ok, that actually legitimately makes sense.

Amikami

Banned
Of course, but the last couple episodes were pretty passable.

Hell, as bad as the fillers have gotten recently, at least the animation has been at least consistently good.

I agree. You're right that this ep is probably worst than usual. :( But I've come to expect the worst with shippuden in terms of animation. Pierrot are horrible.

That's not going to be for a looooong time.

That's like several years away unless they start cutting filler lol.

Right now...

MY PAIN IS FAR GREATER THAN YOURS!

Moaradin

Asama's heart is still beating? How?

What's not to get? Drama works better when it involves well written characters you're invested in. I like Yuki, mostly for her spunk and skill, but all this drama is ringing hollow to me. I couldn't even tell you the name of most of the people in that crew. The good parts of the episode was the fighting. The "who cares" part was the awkward drama.

What drama? The drama hasn't even started yet. Only a couple brief scenes of foreshadowing. I know that since it's SAO, most people look at it and go "oh great, I can't wait to see what kind of shitshow this will be" without giving it a fair shot. And in most cases I would agree with that thought when it comes to SAO. But I think this arc handles it's drama pretty decently when you compare it to any of the previous lolworthy attempts at drama.

I'm really interested to see how the dub handles it.

Explain something to me, I thought Tsunade had a rule where every squad needed a medical ninja on their squad... so why the fuck did Asuma's team not have one? Not that it would have saved him but still.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
But Asuma, his fighting style relies on calories. Literally. He needs extra pounds.

And Shikamaru for hokage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom