• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it, asspull it is

It was an ass pull in skypiea when the ship magically repaired itself, then the next major arc how that happened was explained, and now this happened.

This is the same series where a character got hit by a train and was able to operate ON HIMSELF AS HE WAS DYING and turn himself into a cyborg.

Well, only about half the foreshadowing is missing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the viewers forgot that foreshadowing. One Piece really relies on you remembering a lot of stuff that happened episodes ago and that might be too much for a casual audience this late at night.

1.) Ships having a consciousness was introduced as early as Skypeia

2.) We never did see what happened to it after it fell out of Franky's workshop place.

We never saw it move before but we did see it repair itself IIRC.
I have no idea what a Skypeia is, but that would make more sense.

Okay. How did she get there that quickly? A scant few hours behind the ultra-fast sea train. I. No. Just don't bother. I'll assume that she installed a nuclear reactor. That's as realistic as anything else.
Still a total asspull.

Soulflarz

Banned
Is something an asspull if the world is established to run on non-physics and non-logic

I wouldn't be surprised if the viewers forgot that foreshadowing. One Piece really relies on you remembering a lot of stuff that happened episodes ago and that might be too much for a casual audience this late at night.

This too. I mean, OP arcs are very long, calling back to stuff that would have been 2 years ago if you watched one a week is a bit silly to expect your average person to remember on the spot.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It was an ass pull in skypiea when the ship magically repaired itself, then the next major arc how that happened was explained, and now this happened.

This is the same series where a character got hit by a train and was able to operate ON HIMSELF AS HE WAS DYING and turn himself into a cyborg.

And where a normal man, the weakest of the strawhats, in fact, got hit in the skull with a 4 ton baseball bat, then got up and won his fight.

Okay. How did she get there that quickly? A scant few hours behind the ultra-fast sea train. I. No. Just don't bother. I'll assume that she installed a nuclear reactor. That's as realistic as anything else.
Still a total asspull.

They spent a scant few hours fighting on Enies Lobby...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ohhhh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Next episode is going to be amazing isn't it

We're gonna cry ALL OF THE TEARS

This is true, it really needs to be on earlier in the night. There's too much foreshadowing for this time of night, especially if you aren't familiar with the story already.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Still a total asspull.
FIGHTING SPIRIT!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This girl also seems like she'll be important in the future. Or secretly evil. Somethings up with her at least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty much. I mean, it's been months & months since Franky was talking about that stuff. Even I forgot he was the one discussing it.

Granted, it's cool how stuff can be hinted at earlier on, but sometimes it can be so long ago, you forget.

Seda

Armin is still one the smartest characters in this show and in anime in general. Dude just gets shit.

I actually liked in the last episode how he started shouting about his' best friend' being dead. It was bullshit but he knew the titan would hesitate, which allowed Jean to escape.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I actually don't remember this.

Z3UO36n.png

Worth keeping in mind that the conversation Robin and Sogeking were having at the time had basically NOTHING to do with this. This is just a thing that was happening outside the window.

(This was played as a vision Robin had of Merry burning and falling apart on its journey, but it was kind of apropos of nothing at the time.)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pretty much. I mean, it's been months & months since Franky was talking about that stuff. Even I forgot he was the one discussing it.

Granted, it's cool how stuff can be hinted at earlier on, but sometimes it can be so long ago, you forget.

Christ if you think THAT was long ago, you haven't seen anything yet.

(No specifics on what is revealed, just on length)
Oda legitimately has callbacks to stuff from 5-10 years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom