• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Jesus, Funimation paid their money's worth for these repeat showings of Resurrection F.

Last year, demand was so high that they had to get an extension of more theater airings for Battle of Gods. Even when I was watching it was a full house.

All these short commercials are to kick up the hype for this week's theater run.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 34 - Surprise! Goku is Ginyu and Ginyu is Goku!?
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 35 - Goku’s Comeback! Call Forth Porunga!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 1 - Kill the Darkness
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 7 - The Rain that Falls in Monotone
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 18 - The Forest House
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 77 - Climbing Silver
2:30 - One Piece - 311 - Everyone Makes a Great Escape! The Road to Victory is for the Pirates!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 19 - Bite: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 3

Later.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I was going to post this before Toonami started, but y'all know, there's so much to do and explore at a big-ass convention. I'm amazed I got back one minute before the final episode started. Anyways, this is probably unneeded, but I want to have some consistency at least, even after the final episode just aired, hahaha. I know it's not going to air, but I'll have one for the special episode next week.

Sorry for the delay. No, your timing is perfect as always. Key word is imitation here.
Oh HELL NO! Why is that knucklehead wearing a Goku Uniform?!
Mako's suit's potential will be maxed out.
Toodles.
It's time to SUCK!
Oh yeah~! HAH!
In Heaven's stead I SMITE CLOTHING!

Lady Satsuki is doling out compliments because that big bad bitch deserves no recognition.
Holy shit, that primordial lifefiber is huge.
[Scoffs] Today's youth.
Laughing while partying all the swings.
Fast RAINBOW~ trail.
Incoming primordial missiles.
Full and finished Mako is ready to face the enemy!!
Hah, hah, hah.... I told you all.... you CANNOT STOP US! [Heavy breathing, groping]
God daymn, Ragyo is fondling her boobs for the primordial feeding.
YOU MUST PROTECT THIS SHIP!
Mako~~ Come to the light~~ XD
Showing off the final version of the uniforms. ULTIMATE BATTLE REGALIA! Damn, the Elite 4 rules.
Humans have a will, A WILL TO SURVIVE!!
CAN YOU FEEL IT? CAN YOU SENSE IT? CAN YOU SEE IT? HERE IT COMES! HERE IT COMES! HERE IT--
Sen-I.... SOSHITSU~!
[Ragyo smirks]
OH MY GAWD, OH MAH GAWD! GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY, RAGYO KILLED HER! AS GOD AS MAH WITNESS, SHE'S BROKEN IN HALF!

DID SOMEONE SAY BOMB?! Bombs everything except for the one damage for lethal... :|

DAMN YOU!!!
PSYCHE! She only pretended to be killed.
Satsuki with the BEST A$$!
AND MY BODY IS SATSUKI KIRYUIN'S LIVING SHIELD!!
My eyes are open now. REALLY? Fucking pulling this shit? That doesn't even feel genuine. Absolutely STUPID. Awful pace and place to conveniently get your eyesight back.
We do what we always do, fly by the seat of their cheeks.
Dat Mako BOOST AFTERBURNER! I see where that gif is from. That's a pretty baller gif.
DESTROYED!!
Oh my God! My God, what a slobberknocker!
Humanity does NOT live for clothing.
Fucking hell, that giant super creepy Nui eye.
Motherly... ass? :|
Don't break the teacups. We will be alive to drink more later.
GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!

AHH, FUCK YOU FOR POPPING INTO THE ENDING! For the love of God... WILL SOMEBODY SHUT THAT DAMN NUI?! ENOUGH'S ENOUGH!
Darth Ragyo outfit. LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE, RAGYO, YOU BITCH. WHY? TELL ME WHY~
Now you'll know what true fear is! [Laughs evilly]

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MlWA773-feEHUpK5KS

Ahh, I uploaded the image when I was looking at the recording for it, that "Stop" button came out of nowhere...

Eh, I'm having fun being able to put more defined pics on the same page, but it apparently makes me really slow! :/

Oh well, the cool thing is I can upload the whole process of the art from start to finish, even if it's save across multiple weeks, it seems.

Also want to add in some of tonight's SAO and One Piece deserves some rep, too!

LATER

Sadly (well, not really), I wasn't able to watch it with you guys since I was out gambling. I have everything recorded except for Naruto and Attack on Titan to watch when I get back though. What was Toonamigafs reaction to Kill la Kill's finale?

It was an entertaining line up. Kill La Kill finale was still as hyped as I remember, the dub did a great job keeping that up.

Now we await Akame ga Kill and I have a feeling it's gonna a mixed bag.

Seda

Sadly (well, not really), I wasn't able to watch it with you guys since I was out gambling. I have everything recorded except for Naruto and Attack on Titan to watch when I get back though. What was Toonamigafs reaction to Kill la Kill's finale?

v

The seven chaos emeralds come together

LIVE AND LEARN

SUPEEEEEEER SAAAAAAAAANICCCCCCCCCC

LIVE AND LEAAAAAARNNNNNNNNNNN

Super Shadow Ryuko!

She truly is a "Super" Shadow.

It all comes together.

Super_Sonic_%26_Super_Shadow.jpg

Super EDGE!

Super_Shadow_The_Hedgehog_Project_20.png

Ryoko is super sonic now

She went SSJ Supersonic

LIVE AND LEARN

HANGING ON TO THE EDGE OF TOMORROW

Sonic Adventure 2 did it better

Guys, if you're going to do the Kill la Kill / Sonic Adventure 2 jokes, just use this:

Kill la Kill OST: Final Boss Battle

The parallels don't end.

4526242-2188060053-MQN1z.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Alright, I'm better now. I know what's coming on One Piece and I'm prepping myself.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
I still don't understand why animated shows feel the need to change voices in body swap episodes. Just have Sean Schemmel do an "evil Goku" and R. Bruce Elliot do an "optimistic Ginyu". Shouldn't be that hard. TeamFourStar got that right.

Kill la Kill:
And so the series comes to a close with a massive space battle. Live and Learn! Hanging on the edge of tomorrow! Yeah all those Sonic comparisons are nuts.
Overall, Kill la Kill was dumb, nonsensical, and bizarre. But man was it a damn good time. It knows it's stupid and just rolls with it.

Michiko & Hatchin:
For the third act, we have secretly replaced Michiko & Hatchin with the classic Bugs Bunny short "Bully for Bugs". Let's see if the audience will notice.

SAO II:
Bravo, you completed a quest. Something millions of people do in MMOs all the time. Was this really worth a 3 episode arc?

Shippuden:
MORE FUCKING TRAINING!

One Piece:
Okay I know people are crying "asspull" with Merry's arrival, but this has been set up as far back as Skypiea. We will get more info in the coming episodes.

Raxus

Kill la Kill Bloopers

Satsuki still the best even in bloopers.

Kill La Kill

I see people getting down on this series and I kind of expected it. Anime GAF was really split down the middle about it as well. Personally, I loved most of it. What can I say? It is a fun anime and even better when the cast is clearly having a blast dubbing it. I normally HATE fanservice but Kill la Kill expressed an earnestness about itself and was usually pretty tongue and cheek about the whole thing. Fanservice for both guy and girls were cranked up to 11. Characters were appropriately crazy and the plot was serviceable. This was a show I could turn my brain off and simply enjoy the craziness unfold. It is actually kind of a shame we had so many people see this before because there is always a novelty in discovering something so batshit insane together. I figure I would break this show down into several parts. A quick summery of cast, plot and finally ending with direction and animation.

As far as cast goes I find this to be one of the best anime casts in a while. Almost every character is likeable for most of the series minus Nui (more on her later) and the series does a good job on juggling most of them. Let's start with the 4 main characters Satsuki, Ryuko, Sanketsu and Mako. 2 of the 3 were probably big highlights of the series with the weakest being Ryuko. Even then I like Ryuko as the main protagonist. She is hot blooded can be surprisingly caring and takes shit from nobody. She really wears her heart on her sleeve and most of my problems with Ryuko were usually a result of plot and less of her base character. The two main things that bug me about about Ryuko is her motivations are kind of weak. Besides finding out who killed her Dad she really has little agency and merely gets swept up in the bigger picture because of reasons. The second is naturally edgelord Ryuko towards the end of the series. We spend a whole arc of Ryuko bonding with Sanketsu and she learns ONE thing about herself and then backstabs one of her closest friends. To me this was very out of character for her and as soon as she snapped out of that bullshit I began to like her so much more. Sanketsu is one of the most bare bones character but he plays the necessary role of straight man to bounce off all the craziness that goes on in the series. As such I have no qualms with him but I also don't have many highlights for him either. Mako is high energy and the VA for her deserves credit for keeping up with one of the most hyperactive characters I have seen in all of anime. She is often the pillar that holds most characters up and her speeches tend to consistently hilarious. She has tons of great moments in the series like swimming in stars to stop a berserk Ryuko. She tends to annoy some people towards the end of the series and I can see how that can be. She tends to be kind of a one trick pony with the speeches but I found them consistently entertaining. Finally Satsuki, the queen. Love love LOVE her. She is determined, has tons of agency and in many ways is almost a stealth main protagonist. The series does a good job showing why she is such a force to be reckoned with and also showing why so many admire her. She is stern, caring and motivated. Despite not being born with broken tier powers she consistently up there with the best until the end.

Let's talk the rest of the cast. First main villain Ragyo. I hated her and she is my biggest problem with the series. I don't hate her in a good way I hate her because of all the rapey shit she constantly does at the expense of other characters and in order to make her 'look more villainous. There are plenty of ways to make a near unkillable person threatening and they took one of the laziest routes possible. Nui isn't much better. She was great at the reveal but the series never pulled its punches with her when it should have. It took a character who was a major threat and just made her constantly an annoying troll. It didn't help that besides the reveal that she killed Ryuko's dad, Nui really didn't do jack aside from curb stomping Ryuko once and then popping up randomly to annoy everyone. She really should have been dispatched in the series much vaster or more big bad villains introduced. Nudist beach I liked despite playing a relatively small part in the story despite being trumped up as something greater. Stupid Sexy Sensei will always be hilarious when he shows up on screen to me. Mako's family also were pretty entertaining and were on just enough to be entertaining but not grating. Finally the Elite 4 with the two biggest highlights being Nonon and Gamagori. Both these characters were hilarious for entirely different reasons. Gamagori for his constantly changing proportions and Nonon for her bitchy asides when characters were talking. Both VA's clearly had a blast voicing these two and they easily eclipse the other members of the Elite 4 with their presence.

Let's discuss plot now. I said the plot was serviceable and what I mean is it is there merely to keep the characters motivated to doing some action and not much else. It doesn't help that the stakes in the story were all over the place. We start with intimate stakes trying to find Ryuko's dad's killer and then it escalates to all of japan being threatened then the whole world. It would have been nice if the series stayed consistent like TTGL where all of humanity was at risk. The series has a very clear goal at the beginning and towards the end it relies on twist after twist to keep people interested with varying degrees of success. Sometimes it fucks with characters like Ryuko who was brainwashed TWICE and it just winds up hurting the show. The swap of main villains is particularly jarring since Ryuko has little reason to interact with Satsuki now she knows who the real killer is. Ultimately it is a stupid plot, albeit entertaining, for a stupid show that knows how stupid it is.

Finally direction. I want to discuss the hot button issue fanservice. Was it just icky in this show or was it parody. While I can't provide a definitive answer I lean heavily that this was a parody of fanservice shows. From having to show confidence in your ridiculous outfit in order to give it strength to everything about Nudist Beach and the pink glows on their nipples and balls. I love shows that preach confidence in your own skin since we still live in very conservative cultures. That being said what pushes it from parody to just icky territory is Ragyo. Particularly all the pedophile undertones she has. It isn't played on any angle besides to make her look more villainous and it comes across as just plain disgusting for everyone involved. Even then it is hard to convey that message to others at first glance of the show. The show works if you have been an anime fan a long time and are very familar with the shit it pulls with fanservice with SAO being the latest example. As far as animation and direction I feel the original screenplay and the dub did an excellent job with the material given. For the most part, apart from a few 3D shots, the animation tends to be consistently good. Trigger isn't my favorite animation studio (that honor goes to MadHouse) but it is usually consistent and when it comes to 'cheap' animation they know how to play it for laughs.

Well there is my very very long winded review. Questions? Did I miss anything? Would you guys like to discuss anything else? Let me know. I am typed out for a bit so I am going to enjoy some more Utena but I will be back for my review of the entire block. Please excuse the many typos. When it comes to long posts I tend to do very little editing and try and just get all my thoughts in.

Great stuff as usual SAB.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish more companies released bloopers for anime. Funimation has done it a few times, I know that.

Also omg one of the related videos is SAO bloopers. This should be good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Berserk bloopers is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Yup, saw those, they were hilarious. I know FMA Brotherhood had some as well. I wish more companies would put them as DVD extras. It's a shame most of the time, they're only shown at cons & it's hard to hear because the audio quality isn't great &/or people are laughing over the lines.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh wow these SAO bloopers.

"YOLO motherfucker"
"Take a shower and get ready for a Portuguese Breakfast. You can even make it"
"We can play games like French Maid and Tentacle Monster"
"His highness, TODD FUCKING HABERKORN!"

ckohler

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - This is one of the best DBZ Kai episodes I've seen in a while. The pacing was solid, the fights were great, and the humor was funny. I laughed out loud at the scene where Gohon imagines his Dad looking like Ginyu for the rest of his life. The animation was especially great this episode (at least for 1990 standards) as there were lots of creative camera angles and extra, fluid detail during the fights. Vegeta is probably my favorite character so far in the series. He's just so damn enjoyable to watch even when just monologging to himself. Kai is not only a ratings winner, it continues to be genuinely enjoyable. Rating: Wilhelm!

Resurrection F Preview - It was okay. I think they made a mistake of showing a scene that clearly is missing all of the build up before it. The animation is definitely not what I would consider "film quality" but it wasn't terrible. However, there are shows on Toonami (like SAO II) that have better looking animation. I guess that's TOEI for you. Rating: Still Super Sayan God intrigued

Kill la Kill - Aniplex is to be commended on the stellar English dub and localization of KLK. However, I must admit that hearing this dialog in English made it more obvious just how ridiculous the plot was. I agree with everyone that the overall story was dumb and that the animation cut way too many corners. However, I also believe the show was filled with charm and, more importantly, managed to stand apart from most cookie-cutter anime stylistically. The use of dynamic camera moves and hand drawn pencil work often made up for the lack of frames. The humor was always legitimately funny especially when the show would often go all 'Loony Toons' with the animation style. At the same time, it has probably set a new benchmark for what is allowed on Toonami regarding nudity. No doubt this show broke the Censors at some point. The cast of characters are very memorable and most were downright endearing. I absolutely adore the Makanshokus, Satsuki and the Elite Four. The music did its job well to build hype and gravitas when needed. And yet, having said all that, there's certainly a lot I realize a person can complain about. In the end, I think what matters to me the most is the overall ride and in that respect this show is full of enjoyable twists and turns. Both simultaneously creative and unabashedly cliche, KLK is simply fun to watch. Rating: 9/10

One last thing I would like to clarify is Mako's request for a "date". In Japan, it's common for girls to go on a "deito", which is basically just an outing with friends to go clothes shopping, eat ice cream, etc. I think a lot of U.S. viewers (including myself) mistook Mako's request as a romantic one which isn't surprising because it was said during a Mako spotlight moment. The shots of them kissing were just Mako performing her usual visual puns. The pun for "deito" would be a romantic date where two people would kiss. Mako takes a word she's currently saying and does a pantomime of it that means something else. That's the joke. So no, it wasn't a request for romance. This explains why Satsuki also tags along and why we also see the Elite Four trying to help Gamagori build up the courage to give Mako some flowers.

Michiko & Hatchin - I liked this episode more than last week's. It was still slow moving at times and I wasn't really invested in learning about Michiko's childhood. While we got to see her upbringing, it wasn't much of a revelation or anything. I'm glad that Hatchin didn't get abused much. In fact, Hatchin kicked a little butt this episode! Michiko is still kind of unlikable for the most part (as are most all characters in this show) but that ending hug and rescue of Hatchin did earn her some respect from me. Speaking of that ending, 90% of this episode was played pretty serious and straight before the final five minutes where the tone suddenly shifted into silliness. So silly in fact that a child makes it into a bullfighting ring and the announcer just plays along as if its funny? Oh well. I guess if I suspend my disbelief and go with it, it was kinda funny although nothing is funny about bullfighting in particular. Rating: Carne Asada San

Sword Art Online II - While I still preferred this light-hearted MMO romp to the past arcs, this episode was really bland. No amount of fantastic looking animation can cover for just how little I cared about this quest's plot. They shoved as much random mythology into this as they could and yet all I wanted was for them to skip that damn ending of the quest cut scene. I wouldn't have minded it as much in a real fantasy show but when this all just a video game with NO REAL CONSEQUENCES and the characters still act like it's some big deal, it's infuriating. I don't care how realistic those AmuSphere headsets must feel to wear, no person would ever take a video game this seriously. Now, if only one of the female harem members would show Klein some pity before he becomes obsessed with dating an NPC and ruins his life. Overall, this episode felt like a conclusion to the series (especially those credits), so I'm curious to see where the story can possibly go from here. Rating: Who's your DADDY?

Naruto: Shippuden - As much as people complained about the lack of animation in KLK, at least Kill la Kill simply cut corners by limiting frames or using stills. The end product at least looked stylistically good and drawn with care. If you really want to complain about bad animation you should look at Shippuden. The stuff where they are jumping through the trees is just deplorable. Regardless of how many frames of animation they used, the characters are so off model they look downright deformed. The way their bodies move is also awkward and unrealistic looking. My point is that whether animation looks good or not is based more on the actual drawings and less on fps and that's where this show fails consistently. It looks like dog turds most of the time; like bad fan art. Animation aside, this episode felt like it was just going through the motions and I was pretty bored. Naruto is still training and people are still chasing other people. That's about it. Rating: Choji x Ino

One Piece - This was good but I'll admit I was a little drowsy and missed some of it. It was certainly not as epic as last week but that would have been a miracle if it was. Nice to see that the Franky Family survived and I liked how Robin used her devil fruit power to rescue Luffy. I think she has the most useful power of all the characters. The build up to the reveal of the Going Merry arriving was probably drug out a tad too long but it was still very satisfying. Having not seen "Skypia"(?) I had no idea that the ship could talk. Or is that the audience can hear what the ship was "thinking"? It's confusing because clearly Usopp could hear the ship approaching so I'm not really sure what was going on. Anyway, Sanji and Zoro were putting in good work and the music was good as well. Rating: TO THE SEA!

Akame Ga Kill Promo - I'm not sure what to make of this yet. The promo is kinda confusing. I think some king is really a demon and there is a group of assassins that are trying to take him out. Then some little punk who looks like your average Japanese high school dude with a terrible sounding voice is forced to join (until he wants to?). I think the female character designs look nice and the animation isn't bad and the action looks gory. My biggest concern is that it simply looks mediocre plot wise and I don't really see any kind of interesting hook. Here's hoping it's enjoyable.

Attack on Titan - FemTitan smash! What Annie does is deplorable. Stepping on people, crushing them. Flinging them. It's a bummer because I kinda want her character to somehow be redeemed at some point but judging by what she did in this episode alone, I doubt that could ever happen. That shot of her casually walking, spinning that dude's corpse so fast that his guts are flying out is really disturbing. Rating: Black Smoke

ckohler

Kill la Kill Bloopers
Satsuki still the best even in bloopers.

HAHAHAHA! I've never seen this before. That was hilarious!

Kill La Kill

[snip...]

Fantastic retrospective, Raxus! I too agree that Ragyo was the biggest problem with KLK. They didn't need the incestuous rapey stuff to make her character evil. While shoking, it was too off putting and brought the show down. They should have done it other ways. My other problem with her is that she never had a worthy motivation to commit genocide and die in the process. The only way I can reconcile her behavior is just to assume she had been completely brainwashed by the Primordial Life Fiber and was nothing more than a puppet. Unfortunately, this doesn't make her a particularly good final boss. As for Nui, I think she's great. She was annoying BECAUSE that was the point! Her turn into madness was also excellently handled. Overall, Nui was the embodiment of the evil "goody-two-shoes" character and did her job of making viewers hate her despite her appearance, perfectly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

One last thing I would like to clarify is Mako's request for a "date". In Japan, it's common for girls to go on a "deito", which is basically just an outing with friends to go clothes shopping, eat ice cream, etc. I think a lot of U.S. viewers (including myself) mistook Mako's request as a romantic one which isn't surprising because it was said during a Mako spotlight moment. The shots of them kissing were just Mako performing her usual visual puns. The pun for "deito" would be a romantic date where two people would kiss. Mako takes a word she's currently saying and does a pantomime of it that means something else. That's the joke. So no, it wasn't a request for romance. This explains why Satsuki also tags along and why we also see the Elite Four trying to help Gamagori build up the courage to give Mako some flowers.

I have heard this explinaton before and I don't deny it has merit, I always felt that it missed the fact that Mako and Ryuko actually mouth kiss twice during that last Mako montage. Also, kind of ignores all of the other more sexual stuff Mako does with Ryuko throughout the series. I suppose the point is yea things are not definitive but I always felt trying to play off thier relationship as purely platonic two girl high school friendship was not accurate either.

LOLDSFAN

Watched episode 25 of KLK earlier today. Too bad Toonami won't be showing it because it wraps things up plot wise.

Anyway the series as a whole wasn't my cup of tea. Like I said on Twitter, it seemed like a poor man's Gurren Lagann.

Mako's mom is still the GOAT though.

3n8FgWW.gif

The best part of Kill la Kill was gold mecha crab guy; everything else ended up being a disappointment to me. Forget the otaku pandering, incest/rape-fetish scenes, formulaic tropes, ludicrous plot, annoying protagonist, and shitty jokes for a second. The show starts off with so much promise but loses itself in its own absurdity to the point that it becomes nothing more than a bad parody of much better shonen in my eyes. Like, why not forget the life fiber nonsense and schoolyard rumble crap to just make a show about a girl looking for her family, or just finding her way in this world while transitioning from childhood to adulthood? That would have been much more interesting to me than what we ultimately got.

ckohler

I have heard this explinaton before and I don't deny it has merit, I always felt that it missed the fact that Mako and Ryuko actually mouth kiss twice during that last Mako montage. Also, kind of ignores all of the other more sexual stuff Mako does with Ryuko throughout the series. I suppose the point is yea things are not definitive but I always felt trying to play off thier relationship as purely platonic two girl high school friendship was not accurate either.

What sexual stuff you're referring to? The only moments I can think of that gave me any pause regarding Mako's feelings towards Ryuko were the two times she got a nose bleed seeing Ryuko in a compromising position. However, I just took those to have been simply played for humor.

For the most part, Mako treated Ryuko like a hyperactive, obsessive best friend would. I think if Mako is portrayed as anything, it's as a rather innocent and oblivious girl when it comes to romance.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
What sexual stuff you're referring to? The only moments I can think of that gave me any pause regarding Mako's feelings towards Ryuko were the two times she got a nose bleed seeing Ryuko in a compromising position. However, I just took those to have been simply played for humor.

For the most part, Mako treated Ryuko like a hyperactive, obsessive best friend would. I think if Mako is portrayed as anything, it's as a rather innocent and oblivious girl when it comes to romance.

Well, those, and the time she grabbed her boobs, and the holy bazongers moment and the time Mako said that Ryuko had a better and bigger set of boobs then Satsuki just off the top of my head. Also, nothing is explaining away the kissing either. Also, conversations like the this one as what have made me really hate ambiguity in shipping.

If there's one thing that SAO and to a lesser extent this year's Fate adaptation taught me, it's that technicality ain't the end-all-be-all of fight scenes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If there's one thing that SAO and to a lesser extent this year's Fate adaptation taught me, it's that technicality ain't the end-all-be-all of fight scenes.

I always go back to the Red Letter Media videos explaining why the combat in the Star Wars prequels is so boring compared to the older films.

Those are pretty much the only good things about those two shows, though. Do you mean emotional weight is also important alongside animation and direction? Because I would agree.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, those, and the time she grabbed her boobs, and the holy bazongers moment and the time Mako said that Ryuko had a better and bigger set of boobs then Satsuki just off the top of my head. Also, nothing is explaining away the kissing either. Also, conversations like the this one as what have made me really hate ambiguity in shipping.

I'm using my official position to declare that the preponderance of evidence shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the canon ship is Mako and Gamagorilla (and Ryuko and her sailor suit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom