• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I much prefer the tone, music, and art style in fma03. Overall I like Brotherhood better since it's a more consistent experience, but fma03 did a lot of things right and it had neat ideas.

Soulflarz

Banned
I much prefer the tone, music, and art style in fma03. Overall I like Brotherhood better since it's a more consistent experience, but fma03 did a lot of things right and it had neat ideas.

If this makes any sense- which it may not- 03 felt less shonen and I liked it more for that reason. However, this only applies to the overall feel of the show- it doesn't hold a candle to FMA:B once you get to Bones writing.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
I like Golden Time Lover but I don't like how Yui sings it. Wait no, I'm thinking of Again. Golden Time Lover was so smooth. I'm finally watching FMA OG though, and am actually like 75% through.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All of the openings to FMA and FMA B are good. Except the very last Brotherhood opening, which is beyond trash.

I see I've accidentally started another FMA 03 v Brotherhood discussion.

2qdDUkc.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
Randomly nightly thought- hoping college doesn't interfere with my ability to watch stuff with you guys every week x.x If it did then I'd only have 2 more weekends with you guys counting today before I go

o-orz...

If this makes any sense- which it may not- 03 felt less shonen and I liked it more for that reason. However, this only applies to the overall feel of the show- it doesn't hold a candle to FMA:B once you get to Bones writing.

Which is weird because early on in fma 03 the series introduces filler characters and elements so that ed and al can have more fight scenes.

Randomly nightly thought- hoping college doesn't interfere with my ability to watch stuff with you guys every week x.x If it did then I'd only have 2 more weekends with you guys counting today before I go

o-orz...

It won't. I actually have more free time during the school year than the summer.

Grexeno

o-orz...
Unless it's a part-time job, there's nothing in college that should seriously prevent you from watching.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, the DBZ Frieza movie was great to see in theaters. The audience was super hyped, and it was good to see more younger folks there watching it also. Some great character moments, and some good action.

The audience let out a huge "Oh shit" when Vegeta went SSG

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of bummed Resurrection F sounds like a fun film. Not only did my friend have plans he didn't know about, but yesterday, was feeling like complete crap (I think due to allergies or something but I basically went to bed at 8 p.m. last night & slept for about 10-11 hours) and still not feeling all that great. Not how I wanted to spend my weekend after finishing summer classes.

Moaradin

I feel like the dub can make it pretty hilarious and a fun group watch. I can't wait to see how they handle all the edgy stuff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I know pretty much nothing about the series aside from "HEY GUYS IT GOES FOR SILLY TO OUT OF PLACE SERIOUS/EDGY, MAKE SURE TO ACT SURPRISED WHEN IT HAPPENS!!!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I caught up on the latest One Piece anime arc, as I usually do when the manga finishes its thing, and decided to drop Crunchyroll for a free month of hulu instead.

They have, for no particular good reason, the end of the NEXT one piece full arc dubbed It's like skipping ahead of TOONAMI a year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I caught up on the latest One Piece anime arc, as I usually do when the manga finishes its thing, and decided to drop Crunchyroll for a free month of hulu instead.

They have, for no particular good reason, the end of the NEXT one piece full arc dubbed It's like skipping ahead of TOONAMI a year.

Yea, Hulu goes by DVD releases for One Piece and not Toonami airings.

Good news, Resurrection F was fantastic

Bad news, my phone was either stolen out of my pocket or fell out of my pocket because it was missing when I walked out of the theater to tell you guys about it ;-;

Irritating news, my step father is the primary account holder so I'll have to wait for him to get home as I need his ID to continue with the claim process

Good news, Resurrection F was fantastic

Bad news, my phone was either stolen out of my pocket or fell out of my pocket because it was missing when I walked out of the theater to tell you guys about it ;-;

Irritating news, my step father is the primary account holder so I'll have to wait for him to get home as I need his ID to continue with the claim process

Did you have an iPhone and the Find my iPhone app installed? Try using that.

Watching the newest Shippuden episode from Japan now, and haha oh wow, it's a filler episode that takes place right where we are on Toonami and it's straight up reusing footage from Naruto's training, and scenes past where we are right now. For the record, the episode is about
Konohamaru learning the Rasengan, which in canon, we only find out he knows during the Pain arc

I do have an iphone, but no find my iphone app or anything like that installed. I had ATT deactivate the phone and we have loss insurance so it'll get replaced, but everything on it is probably gone

Damn that sucks, I'm sorry about that :(

But at least insurance is covering your phone and you got to see an awesome movie/

Soulflarz

Banned
I do have an iphone, but no find my iphone app or anything like that installed. I had ATT deactivate the phone and we have loss insurance so it'll get replaced, but everything on it is probably gone

Do you sync ever? If so, just about nothing notable should be gone
h-hopefully

Seda

Sucks about your phone :/ :(

Personally, I don't keep anything on my phone memory, but changing passwords to everything would be tedious.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Seeing the AGK previews, I just wonder who is playing Tatsumi, and if he's done anything else. Mostly to see if it's poor direction or poor actor.

So for the first time in about two months, I'm not seeing a movie this week. Simply because Fantastic 4. Thanks Fox!
lol

There's always Shuan the Sheep, or The Gift

Seda

Seeing the AGK previews, I just wonder who is playing Tatsumi, and if he's done anything else. Mostly to see if it's poor direction or poor actor.

It almost feels like he's trying to be deadpan but it doesn't feel appropriate. Will have to see I guess.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Vegeta turns his sights on the easily punchable face of Ginyu/Goku, Tatsumi heads to the Capital to raise money for his village but it's not long until he runs afoul of the assassin organization Night Raid, Michiko's bike breaks down (what else is new?) and she finds herself falling for a man named Bruno, ALO gets an update to include new parts of Aincrad because JESUS FUCK WHY, Team Asuma sets an ambush for Hidan, the crew may have Merry back but it's still going to take something special to get away from a Buster Call's worth of battleships, and Eren tries to learn to put his faith in his squad members.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 34 - Surprise! Goku is Ginyu and Ginyu is Goku!?
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 35 - Goku’s Comeback! Call Forth Porunga!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 1 - Kill the Darkness
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 7 - The Rain that Falls in Monotone
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 18 - The Forest House
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 77 - Climbing Silver
2:30 - One Piece - 311 - Everyone Makes a Great Escape! The Road to Victory is for the Pirates!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 19 - Bite: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom