• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've literally just had pages and pages of writing on why it isn't an asspull. Come up with something better.

The question shouldn't be is it an ass pull the question should be do you like klabatterman at a plot point the way its introduced, explained, and executed. Oni Actually clearly doesn't but the majority do.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or....ya know, the next episode, everyone is all "HOW THE HELL DID MERRY GET HERE?!?!" & it's possibly explained....

Also, DBZ Extreme Butoden demo is up on the 3DS eShop, for those that case. Might have to search for it.

We've literally just had pages and pages of writing on why it isn't an asspull. Come up with something better.

Pages of bullshit arguments even though GMN has a good point. I am entitled to my opinion so get over it. It's not even that big of a deal, just a brief suspension of disbelief in a show about pirates with super powers hence why I said I didn't care about it.

Recording the podcast yesterday made me realize that I actually prefer watching Blue Exorcist to Kill la Kill. It is astoundingly cookie cutter, yeah, but Kill la Kill peaks very early on with Tsmugu's intro and only sporadically recaptures that magic with episodes like Nui's intro before the show as a whole sharply declines in its second half and becomes a huge chore. Blue Exorcist never reaches those heights, but it has some pretty good comedy sprinkled throughout, and when the show falls off a cliff, it's entertaining instead of a chore because you want to see how stupid it will actually get. Plus it always looks really nice!

I mean, I wouldn't say it's necessarily better from a quality standpoint, but if I had to choose which rerun to watch I'd probably watch Blue Exorcist.

Seda

Some more musing,

Being 'saved by the cavalry' is always a somewhat annoying trope, because the rescuer just-so-happens to get to the scene at just the right time. I guess when employing this, there are a few things to consider - do the characters know a cavalry is coming, do the viewers? Does it make sense for them to be headed for the scene in the first place? In this case, we had no idea the Merry could move on its own, so this event is basically completely unpredictable. In that sense this does feel like it 'comes out of nowhere'.

We learn that the merry is capable of moving on its own as soon as its necessary for that to be possible. (just like we learned the Merry could repair itself as soon as that was necessary in Skypiea.)

So I can see why that might be irritating. But, that ability feels to me it had enough presence before this point to be an acceptable surprise rather than a bothersome one.

Zonic said:
Maybe we'll find out what happened in the next episode?

I'm not sure there's much we need to find out at this point?

Pages of bullshit arguments even though GMN has a good point. I am entitled to my opinion so get over it. It's not even that big of a deal, just a brief suspension of disbelief in a show about pirates with super powers hence why I said I didn't care about it.

Opinions can still be wrong though

LOLDSFAN

Bandai Namco must know.

fKYDOC2.png

ckohler

Recording the podcast yesterday made me realize that I actually prefer watching Blue Exorcist to Kill la Kill. It is astoundingly cookie cutter, yeah, but Kill la Kill peaks very early on with Tsmugu's intro and only sporadically recaptures that magic with episodes like Nui's intro before the show as a whole sharply declines in its second half and becomes a huge chore. Blue Exorcist never reaches those heights, but it has some pretty good comedy sprinkled throughout, and when the show falls off a cliff, it's entertaining instead of a chore because you want to see how stupid it will actually get. Plus it always looks really nice!

I mean, I wouldn't say it's necessarily better from a quality standpoint, but if I had to choose which rerun to watch I'd probably watch Blue Exorcist.

As a fan of KLK, I'm I going to regret listening?

Seda

Bandai Namco EU is a relatively new twitter account that, while official, is a little less 'proper' than the other branches. Very community oriented and dabbles in memes and casual tweets and such.

Somewhat acquainted with the PR guy there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ships move themselves all the time! That is literally what they do.

Repairing themselves while in heaven is a fair bit rarer.

Soulflarz

Banned
Bandai Namco EU is a relatively new twitter account that, while official, is a little less 'proper' than the other branches. Very community oriented and dabbles in memes and casual tweets and such.

Somewhat acquainted with the PR guy there.

Hes no Sonic PR guy though!

Casual PR>Proper PR

Moaradin

Glad they are showing the full OP for SAO. It's the same song, but the visuals are a lot better for this arc than the Excalibur one.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
FLLLYYYY AAAWWAAAAY NOOOWWWW, FLLLLLYY AAAWWAAAYYY NOOOOWW, FLLLLLYYYYYYY AAAAAAWWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY

we're singing that song from Panty & Stocking, right?

I was thinking Lenny Kravitz.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if there's some horrible alternate universe where the HxH ending is kept the entire series and not the opening.

I wonder if there's some horrible alternate universe where the HxH ending is kept the entire series and not the opening.

I'm more curious if there is an alternate universe where the series never went on hiatus and never looked like it was drawn in 5 minutes

Grexeno

I just had a horrible thought: since the JoJo dub is on Amazon Prime, they might have paid to have it exclusive there, like Sailor Moon Crystal's dub is exclusive to Hulu.

I just had a horrible thought: since the JoJo dub is on Amazon Prime, they might have paid to have it exclusive there, like Sailor Moon Crystal's dub is exclusive to Hulu.

Like the whole thing is available to prime users to stream for free? Fuck we're doomed

No, there's a paywall.

You just mean that the episodes are available to buy/rent? I dunno not really sure if for sale on amazon digitally is comparable to exclusive streaming on netflix/hulu. More likely wb didn't both to pay for tv rights/tv rights are too expensive would cause it not to be on toonami.

Grexeno

You just mean that the episodes are available to buy/rent? I dunno not really sure if for sale on amazon digitally is comparable to exclusive streaming on netflix/hulu. More likely wb didn't both to pay for tv rights/tv rights are too expensive would cause it not to be on toonami.
Also worth noting that the dub seems to actually be by Warner, not Viz.

bigkrev

The GOP debate.

For people who watch Durarara!! and think, "this didn't have enough characters."

It cannot be understated what a great 2+ hours of television this was. Even if you don't know anything about politics, it was a fascinating watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom