• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Crash is a rotting corpse, like TLG

honestly, people wantncrash because of what Mario is able to do with regards to 3d platformers. But Mario I think was so good that it killed the genre

I just want a remake of Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8

Raxus

I love console exclusive threads. The thread graveyard it produces is always entertaining.

Is Gravity Falls still on the air? THe episodes seem to have been very sparse.
It is actually doing great. Disney does event based scheduling so while the episodes air at weird times they always manage to get good ratings and it gives creators more time to produce another season. Since the new season has started episodes have been airing rather reliably every other week.
Crash is love Crash is life

Vita means life and it is pretty dead saleswise.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I love console exclusives threads. The thread graveyard it produces is always entertaining.

They somehow always being out the worst in people.
Man, I can't imagine /v/ where it's 24/7 console wars....

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, been avoiding that thread. I can't believe people still care about Crash though!

People still care about Crash because it was one a good Sony platformer at the time and admittedly, the first three games were really fun games. I think people want it to come back under a Sony dev to bring what some would call a "Sony Mascot" and make it good again.

Also remember that most of the people calling for Crash grew up in his heyday.

Jarate

Banned
They somehow always being out the worst in people.
Man, I can't imagine /v/ where it's 24/7 console wars....

Honestly, its hard for me to take /v/ seriously compared to GAF. Most of it is trolling, on GAF its scary because these people have accounts and are generally serious.

Although, In don't really go on /v/ anymore so idk

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Street Fighter V just looks like a busier Street Fighter IV. Same fundamental art direction, just more details, improved models, more convoluted backgrounds. Hopefully it plays well.

bigkrev

Street Fighter V just looks like a busier Street Fighter IV. Same fundamental art direction, just more details, improved models, more convoluted backgrounds. Hopefully it plays well.

Yeah, could care less how it looks. I just want it to play well.

Guilty Gear looks amazing, and I thought it played poorly from the demo (I normally hate anime fighters). Gameplay is king in the genera

daveo42

Banned

Really that is all that matters in a fighting game. As for SFV, I completely agree that not much else has changed. It looks good, but it does look like more of the same for the series. Not really a bad thing, but visually not much to really differentiate it from the last batch of games.

I wonder if this news will finally get some more fight sticks on the market for the PS4 or even the ability to use PS3 sticks on the PS4. Weren't the Skull Girls devs working on something like that for their game?

Rutger

Banned
I never really got into SF. So I'm finding it really hard to care about news on SFV, especially with Guilty Gear so close.

I am a little disappointed it's going to keep SFIV's ugly artstyle though.

BBboy20

It is actually doing great. Disney does event based scheduling so while the episodes air at weird times they always manage to get good ratings and it gives creators more time to produce another season. Since the new season has started episodes have been airing rather reliably every other week.
Well, that's good to know. Was afraid another gem would have been gone with the broadcasted wind.

Also: I'm not understanding the excited responses for Street Fighter 5. Considering how similar it looks to 4 and that the previous title has stayed present through the years, I'm just not getting the holy shit comments as if it's been so long since there was anything SF related. I suppose one might be if they just played Super and nothing else since then.

TheChits

Well, that's good to know. Was afraid another gem would have been gone with the broadcasted wind.

Also: I'm not understanding the excited responses for Street Fighter 5. Considering how similar it looks to 4 and that the previous title has stayed present through the years, I'm just not getting the holy shit comments as if it's been so long since there was anything SF related. I suppose one might be if they just played Super and nothing else since then.

The answer is pretty darn simple. Street Fighter is one of the greatest fighting game franchises and it has a history of exceptional titles. Getting a new entry in the series after so many iterations of SFIV is exactly why people are so excited. I don't think there is any way we can actually claim it looks similar to SFIV based on the footage shown. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say that. I'm ecstatic about it though! I sincerely hope that they continue the story and move to a setting after Third Strike. I would love to see characters like Necro, Sean, and Q developed more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IT'S NOT MARVEL OR TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM 2 OR 4.

But seriously, aside from SFxTK, I couldn't get into the SF series. I tend to go for the more faster paced stuff, which is why I enjoy the Vs. series.

Though for some reason, I have Dead or Alive 1 through 5 (well, 1 & 2 Ultimate on Xbox).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did we ever get full ratings?
You'll understand why they were glossed over in a second:

11:30p Attack on Titan 948,000 .7
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 927,000 .6
12:30a Naruto: Shippuden 783,000 .6
1:00a One Piece 588,000 .4
1:30a Gurren Lagann 482,000 .4
2:00a Inuyasha: The Final Act 509,000 .4
2:30a Bleach 512,000 .4
3:00a Space Dandy 413,000 .3
3:30a Cowboy Bebop 390,000 .3
4:00a Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 389,000 .3
4:30a Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 430,000 .3
5:00a The Big O 394,000 .3
5:30a Samurai Jack 442,000 .3

Grexeno

Murdered by Thanksgiving, god damn.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It saddens me so many people didn't get to see the awesomeness that was the previous episode of Gurren Lagann.

Kind of makes me wish they did repeats or a movie instead....

TheChits

IT'S NOT MARVEL OR TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM 2 OR 4.

But seriously, aside from SFxTK, I couldn't get into the SF series. I tend to go for the more faster paced stuff, which is why I enjoy the Vs. series.

Though for some reason, I have Dead or Alive 1 through 5 (well, 1 & 2 Ultimate on Xbox).

If by some miracle Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 is ever a thing, I will cry tears of joy. One of the most underrated fighters out there. This opening. This roster.
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

bigkrev

AoT and Dragonball were in line with what they normally do, Naruto was down a bit from usual, and then Blood and Death for One Piece and everything that Followed it.

daveo42

Banned

Turkeyday massacre for most of Toonami. At least AoT and Kai did well enough.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sony hype thread is an odd but exciting one. Usually you only get this stuff from Nintendo fans because of Nintendo Direct is coming in a week/three days sort of threads and this is that, but bigger.

That being said Crash sucks.

SFV does look an awful lot like IV, which makes sense because, well, IV made a lot of money.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last November/December was fun in this thread because we had all those announcements to talk about. I hope Demarco brings it in the next week or so.

Soulflarz

Banned
OP....254 (Game releases have delayed me, and now I'm no longer scared about never catching up, so I slowed down again)

Zoro/Luffy are so OP

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/104441873323/new-year-new-schedule-new-news

Starting January 3rd we’re shuffling things up a bit, and cause you asked so nicely, we’re bringing back Deadman Wonderland. Plus Cowboy Bebop’s starting over at “Asteroid Blues” for the first time remastered in HD. Full Schedule below. Happy New Year!

11:30 - Attack on Titan

12:00 - DBZ Kai

12:30 - Naruto Shippuden

01:00 - Inuyasha Final Act

01:30 - One Piece

02:00 - Gurren Lagann

02:30 - Deadman Wonderland

03:00 - Bleach

03:30 - Space Dandy

04:00 - Cowboy Bebop (starting with eps 1, HD)

04:30 - Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig

05:00 - IGPX

05:30 - Samurai Jack

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I could feel this in the air and I knew we'd have something to talk about this weekend!

My favorite episode of Bebop is only a few months away!

EDIT: AAAAH IGPX. NO BAD STAY AWAY. IGPX season 1 and Samurai Jack, I'll never wake up from that!!!! NO MORE BROTHERHOOD?!?

MikeMyers

One Piece: 1am -> 1:30am
Gurren Lagann: 1:30am -> 2am
Inuyasha: 2am -> 1am
Bleach: 2:30am -> 3am
Space Dandy: 3am -> 3:30am
Cowboy Bebop: 3:30am -> 4am
Big O: Replaced by IPGX
FMA: Replaced by Deadman Wonderland:

Did I miss anything?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I knew this would happen, I knew One Piece was going to suffer because of the five recap episodes.

Losing FMA:B for IGPX :| Well at least we've past the point where I started watching the show with Toonami GAF so I've now seen the whole series on Toonami. Not surprised to see InuYasha jump up I'm surprised it didn't jump higher honestly. It seems to be killing it and you'd think they'd want to maximize it at 11:30.

Glad to see Deadman come back, didn't get to see it before

Also IGPX before Samurai Jack means I'm going to bed at 5 as there is no way I'll get though IGPX to see Samurai Jack

I knew this would happen, I knew One Piece was going to suffer because of the five recap episodes.

i don't think it suffered because of recap episodes; InuYasha was just doing so well that they wanted to move it up. it probably would've done well compared to normal episodes of One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom