• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
i don't think it suffered because of recap episodes; InuYasha was just doing so well that they wanted to move it up. it probably would've done well compared to normal episodes of One Piece.

I do think it is both actually, Inuyasha is doing well in the ratings, One Piece is suffering because of the recaps, so we get the switch.

I do think it is both actually, Inuyasha is doing well in the ratings, One Piece is suffering because of the recaps, so we get the switch.

I'd say it's probably a bit more of InuYasha doing way above expectations then One Piece doing poorly because of the recap fest. Whatever replaced InuYasha Final Act assuming I:FA doesn't reair will probably not stay at 1PM

DeMarco responed to my question about FMA:B, says "dunno if it will be back"

Enough of a dip to send it down a notch.

Correlation =/= causation

One Piece may still have slid down in favor of InuYasha Final Act even if OP had been doing above average just because I:FA has done exceptionally well.

Moaradin

Getting Deadman Wonderland back is weird. It was stupid and enjoyable the first time but I don't know if I want to watch it again..

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think it has more to do with Inuyasha's insanely high numbers, shit if AoT was cheaper then Final Act would probably have taken it's spot.

Yes, that is part of it s well, I am just saying both are a factor, versus like putting Inuyasha after DBZ.

Whoops, typed it wrong.

Just making sure

To be fair though where else would it go? Even if it's new in HD it's been rerun on Toonami/AS so many times that even an HD update probably isn't going to move the needle any more. All the shows above it deserve to be above it for the foreseeable future

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, Deadman Wonderland coming back. At least this time, I can watch it with you guys.

UUGGHH, Dandy at 3:30. Now I gotta stay up even longer.

Not really surprised at Inuyasha getting bumped up an hour, considering they know how popular the series is. Least it's 4 shows in a row I can watch. Though shame GL & OP got bumped back by 30 minutes.

IGPX in exchange for FMA Brotherhood? Man, 5 AM is gonna put most of us to sleep if you're trying to stay up to watch it instead of waking up.

Jarate

Banned
Ive actually never seen Deadman Wonderland, so it'll be exciting for me
If I can stay up that late

But man, Hopefully one Piece doesnt drop down too much. Show is too good to be getting this disrespect.
CuntYOb.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
....which is not nearly as reliable of a measure considering Toonami shows tend to rely on the ratings of the shows that came before

There is only one real way to settle this, to ask Demarco, get some sort official note.

....which is not nearly as reliable of a measure considering Toonami shows tend to rely on the ratings of the shows that came before

Yeah if anything OP might do better thanks to people tuning in for InuYasha and staying for OP afterwards. Clearly nobody extra is tuning into Naruto Shippuden <_<

Wow, Deadman Wonderland coming back. At least this time, I can watch it with you guys.

UUGGHH, Dandy at 3:30. Now I gotta stay up even longer.

Not really surprised at Inuyasha getting bumped up an hour, considering they know how popular the series is. Least it's 4 shows in a row I can watch. Though shame GL & OP got bumped back by 30 minutes.

IGPX in exchange for FMA Brotherhood? Man, 5 AM is gonna put most of us to sleep if you're trying to stay up to watch it instead of waking up.

i think it's actually Deadman in exchange for Brotherhood. which is fine for me since i can never get motivated to follow Brotherhood in its entirety week to week and Deadman is hilarious.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also, now would be a good time to admit that every time I hear the title Deadman Wonderland, I always think of it in tune to the song Boogie Wonderland.

& this'll remind me where exactly the whole SHINY SHINY thing came from, since I only know it's from this.

Levyne

Banned
I wonder if the first couple episodes will still be full of bleeps or if they will be toned down to the broadcast level dub we saw a few episodes in.

Seda

Need to update the "this show ends on this date" list.

This week's Cowboy Bebop is the last we'll see in SD.

FMAB airs on 12/20, but probably won't on 12/27 so...

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: December 20th, 2014
Big O (Season 2): December 27th, 2014
Samurai Jack: February 7th, 2015
Gurren Lagann: March 21st, 2015
Deadman Wonderland: March 21st, 2015
Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig: April 4th, 2015
Space Dandy: May 2nd, 2015
Attack on Titan: May 2nd, 2015
Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 6th, 2015
Cowboy Bebop (HD): June 27th, 2015
IGPX: June 27th, 2015
Bleach: ~2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Raxus

Speaking of end dates we are on episode 392 of Naruto and we are entering the final stretch of episodes. We probably will end in 2015 if no filler comes out and they don't animate the short story coming out in 2015.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait did I miss something or youre saying you wish
He's hoping since Gurren Lagann & Deadman Wonderland end on the same night, it'd open up the chances for another OVA series that's an hour or more long, which Blood Trail would fit nicely.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IGPX and Samurai Jack. How BRUTAL.

At least I'm spared the horrible fifth opening of FMA:B.

Oh and I guess my collection of Deadman Gifs will be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom