• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

I want a lightsaber shaped like a katana

IT CAN CUT THROUGH STEEL
?

Raxus

Is this from reddit?

Probably. Truth be told I was looking for the black guy praising.jpeg I see Bishop use on occasion but I couldn't find it and didn't feel like digging. I found this instead and I have seen it posted on GAF before.

Gorillaz

You could say the show is a ParaSIGHT to see.

eww

I've heard good things about it...it should be the 2nd big show they get next year

With Psycho Pass being the first
RQzIn.png

part 2 is actually pretty good liking the plot alot over the first

daveo42

Banned
Probably. Truth be told I was looking for the black guy praising.jpeg I see Bishop use on occasion but I couldn't find it and didn't feel like digging. I found this instead and I have seen it posted on GAF before.

Up arrows give it away that it's a product of Reddit.

I want a lightsaber shaped like a katana

IT CAN CUT THROUGH STEEL

That would have definitely helped Zoro out during at least one of his fights.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The rest of Final Act (for the most part) is paced exactly like Saturday's episode. Things move along quickly but not at a break neck pace anymore and the only thing that's really speed up is stuff like Inuyasha/LORD SESSHOMARU/Whomever saying they need to do something/meet someone and then they pan off camera and that person is standing there. It's basically anti the original show which was all about meandering to the next plot point and taking in the scenery.

It's quite refreshing for shonen. DBZ Kai also gets like this in the final two arcs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The rest of Final Act (for the most part) is paced exactly like Saturday's episode. Things move along quickly but not at a break neck pace anymore and the only thing that's really speed up is stuff like Inuyasha/LORD SESSHOMARU/Whomever saying they need to do something/meet someone and then they pan off camera and that person is standing there. It's basically anti the original show which was all about meandering to the next plot point and taking in the scenery.

It's quite refreshing for shonen. DBZ Kai also gets like this in the final two arcs.

This Saturday's episode was alright until suddenly a 3 episode story arc took place after the commercial break. WTF was that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shippo met a cute girl demon off camera who wanted to steal some energy from Inuyasha, whom he was feuding with at the time. It is a bit confusing.

Crocodile

Still stupid but less stupid than the original trailer

Maybe it isn't fair to call it unfinished garbage, but when looking at still images the art does look bad and I've heard many times "it's not meant to be seen in stills but in motion" but I can't watch it in motion without feeling ill. It's similar to something like this

Some might call this beautiful art, to me it looks like someone just slapped random shit on a canvas and called it a day. Maybe it's because I'm color blind and maybe my color blindness impacts my ability to enjoy stuff like Ping Pong as well I dunno, but I can't see art, I just see a mess. I can't give credit to something I simply can't see even if others can see it. I'm not trolling when I say it looks terrible to me, I honestly can't see what other people see. Maybe it's not fair for me to judge a show visually because of all that, but if I'm asked to share my opinion I'm going to give it based upon how I see it even if no one else sees it the way I do.

I can't say that piece of art does a whole lot for me either but the most prominent/interesting thing about it IMO is the use of color so I imagine anyone who is colorblind might not appreciate whatever good may be in that piece. I do recall some particularly interesting uses of color in Ping Pong (the final match between Smile and Peco really stood out in this regard) but I dunno if not being color blind would significantly change your opinion of show (Space Dandy and Jojo both had some noteworthy uses of color IMO across their runs and you seemed to have no issue with most Dandy episodes or any Jojo episode from a stylistic perspective as far as I' aware of).

I just want to be clear, I'm not trying to give you any grief for the nature of your opinion - that you don't like Ping Pong because of its artstyle. Though I can't speak for others I don't think they are either. I only took issue with the way you chose to express that opinion. There is a difference between "I don't like thing because it's not to my tastes" and "I don't like thing because its poorly drawn, written acted, directed, etc." It sounds like you actually feel the former but almost every post on this show made by you read like the later and I think that what put people off. Now of course we come into the realm of subjectivity and what is considered "good" but then the normal course of action would for each side to try to justify their position with logically consistent arguments. That and industry standards come into play as well :p No side might "win" but perhaps and understanding can be reached.

TLDR: I don't think any (rational, non-asshole) person has an issue with your opinion (Ping Pong sucks) or your rationale (you don't like the artstyle) but rather how you expressed that dislike (unfinished, low effort, low "budget", etc.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So... Gravity Falls is pretty fucking awesome.

There's even a connection with Rick & Morty

bigkrev

I wake up, and not only has STREET FIGHTER 5 been announced, there is a near 40 page thread about Sony moneyhatting it.

I can't think of a thread I would want to read less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom