• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
CUcsvZu.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna post this nice and early because why the fuck not?

Tonight on Toonami, the interminable battle for Trost begins in the leadoff spot, then Alucard is back on the block but last we saw him he was dying at the hands of the transformed Father Anderson and Helena's Nail. After that, it's time to get your koi koi on with Mamoru Hosoda's modern classic Summer Wars. Later on, Faye gets a pep talk from a voice from the past, Fullmetal brings us Van Hohenheim's origin story, Togusa faces an indictment for police brutality, Roger's mansion comes under attack from machines after Dorothy, and Aku gives Jack a cold...an eeeeeeeeevil cold.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 5 - First Battle: The Struggle for Trost, Part 1
12:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 9 - Hellsing IX
1:00 - Summer Wars
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 18 - Speak Like a Child
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 40 - Homunculus (The Dwarf in the Flask)
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 10 - TRIAL
5:00 - Big O - 23 - Twisted Memories
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 43 - The Aku Infection

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No, I wouldn't book the block to be Naruto Uncut: The Lost Filler Years.

It would be GTO and G-Gundam, lots of both. Ronin Warriors, Outlaw Star, Sailor Moon. Oh, and Haruhi and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu.

Or Just Six and a Half Hours of One Piece.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
DeMarco's answer on not being sure if FMA is coming back is interesting. Brotherhood debuted on the block in February 2010. That means come New Years it's basically hitting the 5 year anniversary of whatever its original contract was. That's a long time.

That's also about how long the original FMA anime lasted on Adult Swim (5 years and 3 months, to be precise).
I'm sure that's it. On the other hand, Toonami's back catalog is getting pretty slim without FMA to bolster it for years at a time.

Raxus

Yeah, that was the biggest WTF. I'm OK with Bayo not winning GOTY over Dragon Age. I would have been fine with both.

But Mordor over Bayo in Action game of the year? What the hell..

Yeah. I wish Bayo won GotY but Dragon Age was an excellent game to be honest. Most of the GotY nominees were very good games except Tropical Freeze didn't make the list I think.

Action game on the other hand how did this lose to this?

Raxus

Gonna post this nice and early because why the fuck not?

Tonight on Toonami, the interminable battle for Trost begins in the leadoff spot, then Alucard is back on the block but last we saw him he was dying at the hands of the transformed Father Anderson and Helena's Nail. After that, it's time to get your koi koi on with Mamoru Hosoda's modern classic Summer Wars. Later on, Faye gets a pep talk from a voice from the past, Fullmetal brings us Van Hohenheim's origin story, Togusa faces an indictment for police brutality, Roger's mansion comes under attack from machines after Dorothy, and Aku gives Jack a cold...an eeeeeeeeevil cold.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 5 - First Battle: The Struggle for Trost, Part 1
12:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 9 - Hellsing IX
1:00 - Summer Wars
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 18 - Speak Like a Child
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 40 - Homunculus (The Dwarf in the Flask)
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 10 - TRIAL
5:00 - Big O - 23 - Twisted Memories
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 43 - The Aku Infection

Looking forward to tonight. Not only are we getting the best Episode of Attack on Titan but Hellsing and Summer Wars and Speak like a Child!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dat Nemesis System tho.

Chasing after Jill in that miniskirt leveling up orcs and shit because they beat you.

Looking forward to tonight. Not only are we getting the best Episode of Attack on Titan but Hellsing and Summer Wars and Speak like a Child!

Trial, Twisted Memories, Dwarf in a Flask, and The Aku Infection are all dope as hell.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But ill be dead from the hype of dmc5 and ff7hd and crash and uncharted 4 and such

Nope. Trust me as a veteran of many Nintendo Directs (and Spaceworlds from the time you were in diapers) that you'll be jazzed out of your mind ready for a psychedelic trip like Summer Wars.

Raxus

But ill be dead from the hype of dmc5 and ff7hd and crash and uncharted 4 and such

Much like most of GAF you are overhyping something that is destined to not bring the hype.

Don't be one of those delusional Last Guardian fanboys and temper your expectations. Come and koi koi with us.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Much like most of GAF you are overhyping something that is destined to not bring the hype.

Don't be one of those delusional Last Guardian fanboys and temper your expectations. Come and koi koi with us.

Besides, how can it get more hype than Nintendo's zelda horse physics and arrow time reveals?

So, an AI system out beats highly polished combat system in the action category.....

To be fair Bayonetta 2 is basically all stuff we've seen before but polished to an insane degree. Mordor's ai system is pretty damn inventive and the games combat/stealth systems combined with it make for a game that feels very original.

The real winner is gamers who get to play Mordor, Bayo 2, and DA3 as they're all amazing games

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bayonetta was far too anime to actually win anything.
Bring Bayonetta: Bloody Fate to Toonami Movie Month.

Also hope I can stay up tonight. Yesterday, I think I caught whatever it was my dad &/or sister had, because while I wasn't coughing like them, my nose was so stuffed and I didn't have much energy. Of course, dad's line of logic for when I feel sick & need to get better so I can study over the weekend for final exams is to bring MOORRREEE sick people over so I have a harder time concentrating and risk getting sick once more on the days I gotta take them so I'm not in peak condition and get good grades, which is critical for my Discrete Mathematics class since I either pass or fail with this exam.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, don't think the aspect ratio was mentioned, just the fact it's HD.

Edit: Don't suppose anyone remembers how well Deadman Wonderland did in terms of viewers. Still kind of wonder why it's reairing. Maybe they figured they still had the rights and it's been over 2 years since they aired it & perhaps needed a replacement for FMA Brotherhood?

Yeah, don't think the aspect ratio was mentioned, just the fact it's HD.

Edit: Don't suppose anyone remembers how well Deadman Wonderland did in terms of viewers. Still kind of wonder why it's reairing. Maybe they figured they still had the rights and it's been over 2 years since they aired it & perhaps needed a replacement for FMA Brotherhood?

http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/121444383721

Funimation did them a favor apparently.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The favor is that Funimation now has control over the Toonami movies.

....no, seriously, I just noticed all the movies this month are licensed by Funimation.

& that also makes me wonder if Aniplex has any other shows they feel they could let Toonami use, save for SAO 2.
Something something Kill la Kill argument.
After that, I don't know what else would fit the block.

ckohler

I missed Deadman Wonderland the first time it aired so it's all new for me. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Same for Summer Wars tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom