• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I didn't take much away except Skytorn and Bloodborne.

No Man's Sky could be interesting if I knew what the objective was. Do you craft? Do you collect?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Skytorn, they only showed that for about twenty seconds. It looked...like an indie game. Going to have to see more to see if I'm interested.

Raxus

I didn't take much away except Skytorn and Bloodborne.

No Man's Sky could be interesting if I knew what the objective was. Do you craft? Do you collect?

Mark my words. No Man's Sky is going to be the Spore for 2015. A game with a REALLY interesting premise but no objectives that people will play for an hour, get bored, and never play again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mark my words. No Man's Sky is going to be the Spore for 2015. A game with a REALLY interesting premise but no objectives that people will play for an hour, get bored, and never play again.

Been saying this all year. The game is just too ambitious.

Unlike Spore though this is being developed by a handful of people on a tight budget. It might be lofty to hold it up to that high mark.

A++++ for the way they've been selling it though. You and me are practically the only two people who've come to this.

Seda

Wow, just realized no FMA:B on the schedule for the New Year. Wonder if it's gone for good?

DeMarco was uncertain when asked if it was ever coming back. MetatronM noted that it's been about 5 years since it premiered. It's possible the original agreement has expired.

The atmosphere of BB is almost the exact opposite direction of how I want games in general to go. It's too edgy.

I don't really see an issue with something horror-themed when it's done like this.

DeMarco was uncertain when asked if it was ever coming back. MetatronM noted that it's been about 5 years since it premiered. It's possible the original agreement has expired.

I think he confirmed this on his ask.fm. I'll look.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm just tired of games trying to be serious 95% of the time. Yes, I don't mind something "darker", "mature" or more serious overall, but I wanna play games to have fun and it's more fun when the characters I'm playing as are also having fun.

Basically, I want VARIETY, not dark & colorless 1st or 3rd person shooter #983879387.

I think he confirmed this on his ask.fm. I'll look.

Welp. I could've sworn he did, but I can't find it.

I'm just tired of games trying to be serious 95% of the time. Yes, I don't mind something "darker", "mature" or more serious overall, but I wanna play games to have fun and it's more fun when the characters I'm playing as are also having fun.

Basically, I want VARIETY, not dark & colorless 1st or 3rd person shooter #983879387.

I don't mind something like Bloodborne, but in general I agree

Sword Art Online II - Episode 22

tumblr_mdjxsrqBRy1r6idvao1_500.gif

The FEELS were too strong in this episode.

Although I already spoiled myself on Yuuki's illness. Never thought I'd see that disease in an anime.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

The objective is to get to the center of the galaxy and figure out whatever the fuck is going on there.

People think there's nothing to do in the game because they keep showing stuff about the scale and procedural generation.

TheChits

The objective is to get to the center of the galaxy and figure out whatever the fuck is going on there.

People think there's nothing to do in the game because they keep showing stuff about the scale and procedural generation.

Yeah I still have no clue what the actual game plays like. Admittedly, I have only been keeping up with what they've shown off at conferences, but it just doesn't seem very interesting so far. Hopefully the game turns out well though!

Levyne

Banned
The UI they've shown has something that certainly looks like ammo in the upper right. Hard to say if it''s ground based for hunting, or space-based for flight-simish stuff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah I still have no clue what the actual game plays like. Admittedly, I have only been keeping up with what they've shown off at conferences, but it just doesn't seem very interesting so far. Hopefully the game turns out well though!
Yup, it looks very nice, but I have no idea what the actual gameplay is suppose to be. What's my goal? What do I do aside from flying around and landing on planets? What's the story/plot?

Sorry, but "you can explore" is usually not one of my main drives for a game. It's why I lost interest in Minecraft shortly after playing it (though I perfectly understand the appeal of that).

Kill la Kill still going strong. I would not be shocked at AoT 2 happening, though Funimation needs to dub it first....simucast dub?

Sailor Moon is just a matter of time like with DBZ.

Levyne

Banned
Also, Attack On Titan two is 2016 in japan right? Toonami will be dead by then.

Also, I wonder what the status of Funi's "broadcast dub" is. Is anyone watching those 2 shows or whatever?

Seda

What are some realistic shows, with dubs, that we might expect on Toonami?

Sailor Moon. Kill la Kill with edits. Darker than Black. Magi (? I know nothing about this one). Psycho Pass?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get another broadcast dub situation like with Space Dandy.

Sailor Moon. Kill la Kill with edits. Darker than Black. Magi (? I know nothing about this ones). Psycho Pass?
Sailor Moon, as I'm sure it's been mentioned numerous times, is very possible since, much like DBZ Kai & Inuyasha Final Act, has the factor of being nostalgic for a lot of people but still would be considered new. Kill la Kill is really the only other show Aniplex, aside from SAO 2, has to offer at this point...plus they could be all "HEY, HATE THOSE EDITS? BUY OUR DVDs/BDs!!". Darker than Black could work as a 2 AM show. Only know Magi as that arabian anime. Psycho Pass got a huge advertising push from Funimation, plus the broadcast dub for the 2nd season, so while I wouldn't get my hopes up, it could be possible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe the favor is they have to air commercials on the latest Funimation releases. I'd actually kind of surprised we haven't seen those, considering on the April Fools airing, they did it for most of the shows they aired.

Sailor Moon. Kill la Kill with edits. Darker than Black. Magi (? I know nothing about this one). Psycho Pass?

Full Metal Panic is in the "should've been on TV but never was" camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom