• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some realistic shows, with dubs, that we might expect on Toonami?

Sailor Moon. Kill la Kill with edits. Darker than Black. Magi (? I know nothing about this one). Psycho Pass?

Only know Magi as that arabian anime.

Magi is a pretty decent action shonen. It's a long-runner, but it's actually being adapted into multiple 26-episode series seemingly every two years or so, so there's no large stretches of filler and it's fairly well paced. The first series is decent overall but with an eh ending, but the second series is actually quite good overall. Plus, the first opening is pretty good.

In terms of content, the violence is largely pretty safe except for the times there's suddenly a ton of blood--I'd say around Bleach's level. In terms of sexual content, the main character is fairly breast-obsessed (though it actually comes up much less than you'd expect), the characters sometimes visit brothels (where no sex actually seems to occur), there's one part where a character is accused of rape and there's a big investigation, and some of the female characters wear revealing outfits. The only troublesome part is a lengthy scene with a topless woman, which I'm amazed was aired uncensored on a post-Evangelion Japanese broadcast. I can only assume it's fine because said woman was a genie with blue skin.

gCzfIpr.gif

HAHAHAHAHA

Soulflarz

Banned
Having collected my thoughts:

I'm not mad square enix is porting it- not at all. I'm made that they appeared at a conference sony helped hype to hell, walked on stage with a giant FF7 logo...said they were bringing it to ps4....then...a port of the new pc version -_-
I dont know why that took conference time. I know they said it was highly requested, but when people highly requested FF7 for PS4, they wanted a remake or remaster, NOT the game they own a physical copy and 3 digital copies of.

MikeMyers

Naraku vs. Aizen. Trolling contest.

It will be glorious.

Aizen: At what point did you think us fighting wasn't according to my plan?

Naraku: Your plan was actually all according to my plan

Aizen: Your plan to to plan my plan was all per-determinmed by me.

etc.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm a little drained all of the sudden. Think I'm going to take a ~30 minute power nap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom