• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Man, one day I need to go over every single dialogue and speech from Schwarzwald. Him and Gordon seem to know all about this world.

This stage, these... BAR CODES! What do they mean?!

This year's movie month is actually pretty enjoyable to watch.

I'll give the EVA movies a chance.

Good night, ToonamiGAF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
nRyGBBll.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.
Awesome pixel work SAB

Gonna be honest, Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan is very overrated. It definitely seems like a movie loved out of nostalgia. It's very 90s, a villain that's nothing but rage and muscles.
I think what gets me is that his punches felt like they left very little impact. Compared to Freeza or Cell, where their attacks left marks and it all looked painful. Hell, Android 13 punched Goku in the balls.

Not to mention TWO SEQUELS. Somehow worse than this one.

Looking up when the original FMA was dubbed, it came out a year after this did. Considering FMA was one of those "popular to hate because it's popular" animu, and Broly's role here, it's no wonder people didn't take Vic Mignogna seriously for a long time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, woke up at 8:15ish due to people being loud, then again at 11:15. I think this was the Toonami that I was just the most tired, because I doze off for about 15 minutes near the end for Broly (I woke up just in time for that punch), then 30 minutes not too long into Akira.

I just hope I'll be able to stay up for both Eva movies next week.

Damn, SAB. I'm always impressed by how awesome your spritework stuff is. Especially given you have to do it as an episode airs. Great art dump this week.

Did you guys see that the new Shippuden filler arc is going to cover the Chunin Exam when Naruto was training with Jiraiya? That could be legitimately cool.

After well over a decade of Naruto filler, what, precisely, leads you to believe this?

Chunin Exam was easily one of the best moments of the series.
Another one sounds pretty good right now.
At least it's not some random thing that never happened. We know there was a Chunin Exam when Naruto was gone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
welp. movie month has been a bust. Hellsing Ultimate, FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos, and Broly were all bad.
At least Milos was an interesting rewatch with everyone's reactions & Hellsing gave us closure. I somehow dozed off with Broly.

Also, kind of off-topic, but when talking to the career adviser, she mentioned the study abroad program my college has & Japan would be on there, even allowing me to earn credits since I might shift my major from IT (would be a minor) to Comm/PR, I'm gonna try learning Japanese again, & I'd also probably take some marketing classes as well. Though I gotta figure out money since I feel like that'll be the main issue.

Regiruler

Gonna watch akira later today.

I'm curious: do DVR recordings count for ratings? Obviously not the rewatch, but does whatever system collects the ratings know if someone is actually watching it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom