• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1SSQVDJ.gif

Still the best SAO gif.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best ones were Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars.

Battle Stadium DON was pretty bad, this game was better than that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I've heard, the gameplay of J-Stars is getting balanced/reworked as well. So maybe they waited to get feedback from JPN players and have "+" be like the Super/Ultra/Extend/Turbo edition.

I just hope Pirate Warriors 3 gets a physical release this time. Kind of want it on Vita since portability & easier to hop in and out of the game.

Also makes me wish I had a PS4 since there's more than enough games now that I want for it.

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't disagree. But suggesting P4G, which has even worse dungeons, kinda doesn't make your point either.

P4 is mostly a better experience but its actually less fun to play because they just made it too damn simple.
P4 has issues that strongly remind me of SMT3 (Nocturne) and its pierce+beam attack insta win. P4 has some strats that simply break the game immensely.
Kinda like how in PQ if you use Naoto the game is sort of...pointless? Its a win all switch.

Andd Terra Beaten in KH2.5 Proud mode. Glad to have my gold crown again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so does this mean they localized the wrong Jump crossover game?
Ultimate Stars was pretty good, but that had 41 franchises to deal with, plus I think Nintendo was the publisher. J-Stars has 32, so I imagine it was easier in comparison, especially since Namco already has the rights to 4 of the franchises (Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, & I'm assuming Jojo since they made & published All-Star Battle) and mostly everything else doesn't have anyone who owns the gaming rights in the US.

Had to change my pants after the Pirate Warriors 3 AND J-Stars news.

Apparently, some characters aren't going to be in the western release. (please don't be Gintoki :_:)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 65:

Well, to make up the fact that the last episode actually focused on the plot, we double up on the new powers as Mako and Minako are paired up to actually address the demons that haunt their past and maybe actually advance and grown both characters a bit. Hard to say with this program because you never know when they are going to snap back into old personalities. Also, were this a series of more recent vintage this would probably be the jumping off point for a potential yuri relationship but given where we are the two of them just really are good friends, who will never get steady dates. Seriously, what the hell happened to the arcade operator? We also get some insight into what they are calling The Specter Sister this time around, I do like that Rubius has his own quirky mini-boss squad as that means he can rotate out the Field Sargent or indeed have more then one on the ground to give this arcs villains a differing dynamic then Dark Kingdom, also helps they they don't exactly get along. All and all this was a pretty typical episode heaped on with the usual R bullshit, recommended to watch overall.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 66:

Not going to lie, this episode was an absolute slog to watch as it pushes the hated elements of Sailor Moon R and made all of it the focus and I needed to pause the video at points so I didn't eat my own arm off in boredom and frustration. Not much new to note here otherwise other this was basically macro-foreshadowing of things to come and also Minako is starting to really develop her ditzy personality. Strongest recommendation to evade this episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, did Dish remove channels AGAIN because of a disagreement?

"Fox News and Fox Business"

Phew, nothing important.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha, I've seen those before. They're such a cute idea for a bank.

& speaking of getting cool presents, I got some stuff yesterday as well as part of a Xmas package (on the back of that UMvC3 postcard was an Ace Attorney Trilogy code). This year's (or month's) theme seems to be books, since I got a copy of Mega Man 25 Official Complete Works last week, then for Xmas, I'm getting History of Nintendo Vol. 1.

Edit: Not sure how old this is, but Funimation posted this about Eva 3.33 & being released on BD/DVD:

We are working directly with the Japanese studio and the original creator on the upcoming Evangelion 3.33 home video release. This is a unique opportunity that presented itself to us, and since the plot for Evangelion 3.33 is so different from previous story lines, we are thrilled that the creator has asked to be so heavily involved in this project. Studio Khara has even decided that they would like to create their own special subtitle tracks for the release! We thank you for your continued patience as we work to confirm a release date. Please keep an eye on our social channels and our website for more updates!

daveo42

Banned
That super special sub track for the movie from Khara. Sounds like neither company is too happy with the other right now, which is dumb because it's all over a movie like 3.33.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom