• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

wait, wut? They are showing the gurren lagann recap episode next week? I mean, I don't mind it since its a cool recap episode, but I'm trying to imagine how that translates on TV.

Also BOO at Inuyasha before One Piece.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSzcGC4HV0eO9B

zlCfzSzd0Js9q4btFm
zlCfzSzfRMU4JwyGTx

zlCfzSzgI0kOKwoG8_
zlCfzSzg9lwNz08Bc8

zlCfzSzhOWAnC-0nOf

Retro 1.11

Retro 2.22

LATER 2014!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
And we're back to normal next week.

By the way, the Deadman Wonderland manga ended last year, so the story is now finished. The anime covers the first 4 or 5 volumes (out of 13), but it's still recommended to start from the beginning as the anime cut out characters.

It's an okay read.

And we're back to normal next week.

By the way, the Deadman Wonderland manga ended last year, so the story is now finished. The anime covers the first 4 or 5 volumes (out of 13), but it's still recommended to start from the beginning as the anime cut out characters.

It's an okay read.

Doesn't the anime also change some events and have more of an anime original ending that wouldn't really tie into a second season?

Regiruler

In the middle of 2.22 and the one new guy's (pervert adult w/ black hair) VO is really familiar but I can't put a name to it. Who is it?

EDIT: IT'S WABISUKE NOW I REMEMBER

Soulflarz

Banned
Can't wait for One Piece to start back.

Same, seeing as I consistently watched an hour a day for a few months, and then suddenly nothing for a month straight.

So I started Darker Than Black and I just finished episode 4, this show is interesting to say the least.

Oh lawd, SAB. That pic of Asuka for this year's EVA stuff cracked me the fuck up. Red-headed Meh indeed. Great stuff as always. You are damn right about Mari being part of best girls.

BBboy20

All this Eva commentary remind me why you guys are the best.

I posted that on Twitter when that scene occurred.

Think it could be due to the fact it's one of those animes where everyone seems to have a different reaction to it and the fact there can be quite a lot to discuss about its plot, symbolisms, and all that.
Pretty sure it's still the most talked about anime of all time. Man, brings me back to all the Eva talk that always seem to be the topic half-the-time in my young internet days.

what the fuck was that?
Panda Bear of Animal Collective. Awesome band.

man i love utada :)
Hey, some Utada fans here.

tumblr_mc990xkUhO1rrl3u7o1_500.png

Why does it take me so long to find that?
#dead

Remember the gibberish when they Dummy Plug System was activated? It wasn't gibberish.
So...Gendo trolling now?

So, if REbuild might be a sequel, does that mean what we are seeing is an alternate timeline that will quantum physically interconnect to the moment after the very last scene of EOE?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so where do you guys watch anime when not on Toonami

like if I wanted to go see Evangelsignasdfs 2.1234234234 where can I do that?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How does the red/black/bold thing work for upcoming episodes anyway?
Reasons for red:

DBZ Kai - Returning to the lineup after a 1 month absence
Shippuden - Returning to the lineup after a 1 month absence
Inuyasha - Time slot change, returning after a 1 month absence
One Piece - Time slot change, returning after a 1 month absence
Straw Hat Theater - Time slot change, returning after a 1 month absence
Gurren Lagann - Time slot change, returning after a 1 month absence
Deadman Wonderland - Beginning at episode 1, returning to the lineup after a 17 month absence
Bleach - Time slot change, episode sequence change, returning after a 1 month absence
Space Dandy - Time slot change, returning after a 1 month absence
Cowboy Bebop - Time slot change, beginning a new run at episode one, new master tapes
2nd GIG - Returning after 2 weeks
IGPX - Beginning at episode 1, returning to the lineup after an 8+ month absence

2nd GIG is the only one that's maybe a stretch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 67

Oh shit, it is THAT episode, I did not realize it was already upon us, when Viz said they got everything they were not kidding. Right, for those not in the know this is one of the most infamously bad episodes of Sailor Moon, an episode so toxic it was regularly skipped because it was boring and pointless filler even by Sailor Moon standards. SO here it is for the first time ever legally on North American shores and while it is terrible it is not the worst episode, that honor is still held by episode 20. Anyway the premise goes from standard dull ass beach episode to something that should be crazy awesome, the Sailor Scouts fighting a volcano in order to save a family of Plesiosauria from devastation but it all falls so flat, mainly because some asshead had the bright idea of making Chibi-Usa the focus of the episode. Nobody wants to see the pink witch demon and her clumsy attempts to bond with a baby Loch Ness Monster in order to fill up her insecurities. It is downright cringe inducing at times to be quite honest. Anyway, I suppose it is nice that this episode has come over for the sake of completeness but dear gods highest recommendation to avoid.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 68

Well, this is almost like a counterweight to the uselessness of the previous episode as we get one of those refreshing plot revelation affairs this time out and I do mean that because it provides a respite from the Monster of the Week format. Indeed, there are no goofy plots or henchmen monsters to deal with this time as after a visit from big bad Wiseman his hatchet-man Rubeus sends out his entire contingent in order to hunt Chibi-Usa in order to hasten the fall of Crystal Tokyo to the Black Moon clan, first identified as such in this episode. Also, dear lord did Science Marches On hit this hard. They are expatriates from the tenth planet? Oh, you mean on of the many rocks out there that we now call Dwarf Planets, neat. Also, ew, gross, I never needed to see Chibi-Usa wet the bed but then again between this episode and last episode I am really desiring to see her head on a pike. The problem of having her in focus for to long as she really is her mothers daughter and indeed this is the episode that confirms that fact to the viewer. All and all strongest recommendation to watch this episode.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly, when I'm out of town the only pizza I trust is PizzaHut. I went to a pizzeria in DC while I was there in May and they just put tomato sauce on whole wheat bread, it was disgusting. I never eat PizzaHut while I'm in New York since there's much better on every corner, but outside of NYC it feels like no one can make a good pizza.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I usually just get Digorno's or if we do eat out, there's a place called Cottage Inn & I either get pepperoni & bacon or a BBQ chicken pizza.

We got a Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Little Caesar's (bleh), Dominos, Hungry Howie's, Cottage Inn, & then about 3 local places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom