• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Urgh, I don't think I'll stick around for Summer Wars. I'll watch Hellsing with you guys then go to bed.

Levyne

Banned
Wait, people hate AoT now?

Gaf hates everything that is popular!

Except DBZ.

I'm kidding.

Being more serious, seems like most of toonami-gaf was just lukewarm on AoT. Melodrama, main character, weird and dull tension hold it back.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
While Titan is a hard thing to watch OVER and OVER, I enjoyed Watch Number 2 for me.

I like to think the show trolls the characters a bit, and the melodrama feels slightly self-aware, especially with the English dub. It has loads of imperfections, but there's lots of little moments I feel it skips some of the expected dwelling and stretching, and just fully dives in to whatever it's suppose to at the moment.

I really enjoy watching Eren's Shonen-Positive personality thrashed around. He thinks he's Goku, the show kinda treats him like Yamcha. That's actually pretty fun.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I mean he did basically save her life and gave her a home after her parents were brutally murdered in front of her so it's not completely unbelievable

Maybe if she were not so robotically dedicated to Eren the relationship would hold more weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom