• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Summer Wars BR/DVD is only 13.99 on amazon, just ordered it because even after seeing it twice it's still a really good film that I want to own.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Glad to hear more people got to enjoy this film. Maybe some day, we'll get lucky & get another film by the same director, like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time or Wolf Children.

Glad to hear more people got to enjoy this film. Maybe some day, we'll get lucky & get another film by the same director, like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time or Wolf Children.

Summer Wars is really borderline action, Wolf Children and The Girl Who Leapt Though Time really don't have any action in them at all.

And so the first movie in this special month is all done with. Hope to see you all next week for our next trek into hyperspace. Time for Cowboy Bebop.

Line_HTX

I love this movie now that I watched it a 2nd time. Well worth it.

Back to business with the Bebop jazz.

I think it's time we blow this scene, and get everyone and their stuff together.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Believe in One Piece
mUuQxl4.gif

I bolieve.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Summer Wars is really borderline action, Wolf Children and The Girl Who Leapt Though Time really don't have any action in them at all.

I think we could get away with some series or movies that aren't super action oriented on Toonami.

If Funimation actually decides to license it.

We won't be getting any of the modern (and good) One Piece movies til at least the start of the next arc due to spoilers.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I remember how satisfied we were seeing this movie the first time it aired last year, it was a legit great time.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now, to be fair, it wasn't an apocalypse scenario - the probe was only set to take out one nuclear site.

Raxus

I remember how satisfied we were seeing this movie the first time it aired last year, it was a legit great time.

I was sad that it was the only movie I had seen out of the lineup but even after 3 times watching it. Still a good time.

Now let's jam.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It wasn't until the 3rd time I've viewed Summer Wars that I realized all the Buu Saga parallels. Such a weird director lol

Crocodile

Keep in mind that Oz was only really fucked up for that first day, they got most of the important services back online about half-way through the movie.

Still too improbable for my tastes. Event saying "minimal casualties" would have been believable.

Technically she died of pre-existing conditions. Only would've counted as a statistic if she was on a life support machine and Love Machine shut that down.

I guess it depends how you define it but a traffic accident (and the fatalities) cause by a malfunctioning Oz would still count IMO. Feels super nitpicky to not count the Grandma.

She fucking bailed.

Now, to be fair, it wasn't an apocalypse scenario - the probe was only set to take out one nuclear site.

I dunno. Chernobyl didn't get hit by a goddamn satellite and it still caused a shit ton of destruction. I think something like this would have killed millions.

Crocodile

It wasn't until the 3rd time I've viewed Summer Wars that I realized all the Buu Saga parallels. Such a weird director lol

You mean all the times Buu should have been defeated but the plot conspired to make sure he stayed alive and a threat for as long as possible? :p

Grexeno

I just don't know if blowing up a nuclear power plant would actually cause fallout like a meltdown would. Blowing up a nuclear power plant doesn't cause a nuclear explosion.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
You mean all the times Buu should have been defeated but the plot conspired to make sure he stayed alive and a threat for as long as possible? :p
Yep. Their failed trap for the enemy, the spirit bomb at the end, the enemy being a sore loser and a maniac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom