• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

If it helps I finally failed at the flirting thing with girls like epic-ly for once. And she was :3

A-anyways, onto OP 271, WHO NEEDS FINALS STUDYING!

Edit:
I said people. Aaaa Person. Peeerson. My bad.

Not going to lie, as soon as I got accepted to the school I really wanted to go to. I basically checked out from school. It's hard to give a fuck. I did just enough to make sure I would graduate, and spent the rest of the time just having fun.

I just wish I had gone to school in a major I had wanted to do instead of one my father wanted me to do, ended up wasting 3 years extremely unhappy and when I switched over to an actual major money ran out and here I am working full time to get student loans under control :/

Soulflarz

Banned
Not going to lie, as soon as I got accepted to the school I really wanted to go to. I basically checked out from school. It's hard to give a fuck. I did just enough to make sure I would graduate, and spent the rest of the time just having fun.

yeahh I'm surprised I did as decently as I did

I dont do homework. My routine this year is
Wake up 6:30, go to school till 2:20 (including 3 study halls+lunch, aka like 3.5 hours of class), go home, play games/twitter/GAF till 12:30, get ready to sleep, sleep 1:30 in reality, do it again

bigkrev

Wake up 6:30, go to school till 2:20 (including 3 study halls+lunch, aka like 3.5 hours of class), go home, play games/twitter/GAF till 12:30, get ready to sleep, sleep 1:30 in reality, do it again

You need to get a freshman girlfriend. There super fun, and even if you are a horrific fat troll person (like I was), you can always get one. You then break up with them after prom and never see them again. It's fun!

Soulflarz

Banned
You need to get a freshman girlfriend. There super fun, and even if you are a horrific fat troll person (like I was), you can always get one. You then break up with them after prom and never see them again. It's fun!

*isnt a horrific fat troll pers-
hey wait

This is terrible advice isnt it

Seda

I've had a job since part way through my softmore year I think. I didn't have a ton of free time in high school. Classes from 7-4, some extracurricular and work afterwards. Had much more free time in undergrad (still holding a job) and probably even now in grad school, oddly.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've had a job since part way through my softmore year I think. I didn't have a ton of free time in high school. Classes from 7-4, some extracurricular and work afterwards. Had much more free time in undergrad (still holding a job) and probably even now in grad school, oddly.

But what about the jrpgs...?
Seriously. JRPGs>Extracurricular! (They didnt really exist in my school. I didnt like any of them until this year- we finally have a chess club where i can finally put something down on my transcript for playing my friends)

bigkrev

Jesus! We were 8-2:30!

I had a job as well, but it was only 12 hours a week (3 hours Tuesday night, 4 hours Wednesday after school, and 5 hours on Saturday), and while I pretty much was done with extra curricular stuff, I was heavily involved in my BBYO chapter (was treasurer my senior year).

daveo42

Banned

Yeah, this was pretty much me as well, except we got out around 3pm and only did extracurriculars during certain times of the year. I worked a ton during my high school years and kind of wish I hadn't, though I had essentially checked out of high school my softmore year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I did the same thing, except I didn't give any fucks since I had finished all my classes but gym by that point. I spent my time flirting with the girl I sat next to in math class, the timing on that one never seemed to work out in my favor.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Usagi/Mamoru got overshadowed by Haruka/Michiru in the first half of S, and the second half is when they start pushing Chibiusa to be main character, a status she keeps for all of SuperS. Then you get to Stars which spends a lot of time focusing on a low-rent Mamoru wannabe.

Being Usagi and Mamoru is suffering.

I know I'm a bit late but holy wow Studio Bones is so completely inept at writing endings to anime either their own original series or adaptations where they run out of canon and have to make things up. It boggles my mind how Space Dandy ended up having such a great finale

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I know I'm a bit late but holy wow Studio Bones is so completely inept at writing endings to anime either their own original series or adaptations where they run out of canon and have to make things up. It boggles my mind how Space Dandy ended up having such a great finale

The answer is Wanatanbe.

Gorillaz

Speaking of Dandy I finally had the chance to sit down separately and enjoy the OT from cover to cover

So....it's our Anime soundtrack of the year right?

Crocodile

I ended up seeing Big Hero 6. It was ok. Animation was great. Story was predictable as fuck. I pretty much called every plot twist way ahead of time.

Brother had so many death flags as soon as he showed up it was hilarious. Plus dude died for literal no reason LOL.

Nope, Stardust Crusaders that that.

LOL no. I do love the Stardust Crusaders OST though so I'd still rank it high.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whyyy

And I may end up missing a ton of toonami. Wedding and all >.>

TZE9YsW.gif

kingkitty

PGSM remains my favorite.

As for the 90's anime, I still like it, but it went downhill after R for me. Just got done reviewing S in another thread and I found it uneven.

The manga didn't really execute Dark Kingdom well, but it starts to get better starting with Black Moon.

R was the peak of the anime for me as well. The climax with the Wiseman battle was GOAT

R = GOAT

Raxus

Damn, got a B+ on the final which denies me an A but at least I did well.

This night should be great since I have not seen both movies.

Jarate

Banned
And of course, literally spending money to get politicians to do something wrong will not be seen as bribery

IDK how eople in our government allowed that shit to happen

Soulflarz

Banned
She wasn't kidding and now her confidence and self-worth is gone. Good job Soulfarz, killer of hopes and dreams.

Just saw this

I-im not that bad of a person :'(

And yeah I kinda don't like these Sony leaks. I presume what is said behind closed doors shouldn't leak into the public like this. RE: famous people insulting each other

Regiruler

So I told my brother to marathon Hellsing Ultimate so he can watch the final with me tonight. He won't budge.

How should I convince him? Use exact words if you want.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I told my brother to marathon Hellsing Ultimate so he can watch the final with me tonight. He won't budge.

How should I convince him? Use exact words if you want.

"A nazi vampire zombie eats a baby uncensored on live television. Do I need any other argument?"

Soulflarz

Banned
If he doesn't start watching the OVA's right now he is going to not make it for the finale anyway.

That was kinda my logic, I just didn't bother saying it for some reason. Its like when people told me four months ago to rush OP because in a few weeks its was apparently a really good episode :p

I'm not gonna blitz 4.5 days worth of anime in a 3 week period, I'd be braindead by the end >.>

BBboy20

Haha. When I was younger I used my VCR to record episodes of Naruto and the like on Toonami that I couldn't see live. After a while for some reason I got into the habit of recording even though I was watching them. I really got obsessed with it even. I recorded stuff on Toonami, random movies they would air, everything. I would only occasionally watch them too. It was really weird. By the time I realized I had a problem I had gone through 2 VCRs doing that and maybe over a hundred tapes. I eventually just threw them all out. All of my memories, all of my summers spent watching cartoons, all of those fun times i had gone like that. It was kinda sad. Just a short little story from your friendly neighborhood weirdo, Schadenfreude. Back to the show.
The Ozymandias of Toonami.

It's going to be around 100 gifts, so it'll be links.

Speaking about gifts...

http://kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20460
JESUS! I have two more CEs of the original DVDs to go and yet...this is so beautiful...ugh.

No more heroes did it first :V
Sir Motherfucking Henry. B)

Speaking of Toei, I'm watching a show called Kyousougiga right now and it shocks me that this is animated by them sometimes. They can do good work when they try..

acf36337b048c014232b7bf7c7ae3787.gif
Holy!

OMG. You can use amiibos on One Piece Super Grande Battle X to make Luffy wear a Mario or Luigi outfit, Zoro have Link's outfit, or Sanji look like Star Fox.

That is awesome & neat to see the first 3rd party & 3DS game to support amiibos in a cool crossover way.

....also they pose like the amiibos themselves and seeing Luffy posed like Luigi is great.
Shit, toys are what is gonna' make publishers give a shit about the WiiU now? :p

You want to put half of ToonamiGaf on suicide watch?
jacknicholsonyes.gif

A Genndy directed Mario film? I never knew I wanted this until right this second...
Dude, reading that leak made me wish I should have tried pursuing a career in Hollywood after highschool. :(

I hope this Sony hack doesn't hurt the chances of the Samurai Jack movie.
Can they make one without Mako?

I feel like I should wait until the movies have aired since some people haven't seen it, but yes, I gotta agree with both you & Seda. The main gripe with 2.22 is that the new character, while I'm GUESSING is more of establishing & setting her character up, didn't feel as though she contributed much. I'm waiting to see if 3.33 does anything with her.
Considering she's all over the internet, I would expect so.

You know, the craziest shit is I was just talking to somebody about the idea of trying a Super Mario Bros. movie again just last night and agreeing that it had to be an animated film.

So I'm going to take full credit for that.
Dude, I only scene I've locked down is Mario visiting a somewhat violet ill-lighted bar with a Toad for a bartender and Donkey Kong sadly looking and playing with his banana sundae. I want to make this movie (somewhat) badly. T_T

And of course, literally spending money to get politicians to do something wrong will not be seen as bribery

IDK how eople in our government allowed that shit to happen
Because plenty of Americans have their own priories that are more important then the greater good.hotfuzzgif

Anyways, my shoulder and somewhat my chest been killing me since last Saturday but today I caught up with Hellsing and Jack.

bigkrev

Cause I've already seen them both, I'm skipping Toonami and instead going to CZW Cage of Death tonight.

Because I need more terrible wrestling than the 3 hours I get every Monday in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom