• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so that was Hellsing. I'm gonna give the series an 8 out of 10. Great series throughout but that ending was kinda underwhelming considering how badass the rest of the series was. Still, can't say it wasn't enjoyable. Time for FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos

Ultratech

Produced by Wild Geese

0TvVzEP.jpg

Fun Fact: Geese are some violent bastards.

We had to sanction off part of our parking lot because some geese made a nest in it, and they couldn't be removed (was illegal).

Was funny watching the daddy chase people around.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You guys didn't know that he's always been Arucard in Japan? That's not even a "ha, they fucked up in the credits" thing. That's his official name.

The dubs changed it to an L.
Something about they don't use the letter "L" very often & substitute it with R?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Fun Fact: Geese are some violent bastards.

We had to sanction off part of our parking lot because some geese made a nest in it, and they couldn't be removed (was illegal).

Was funny watching the daddy chase people around.

I have been attacked by a goose when I was going to ITT

Line_HTX

Alright folks... I got my snacks ready.

Time for Honey-from-Space-Dandy voiced Sacred Star of Milos. WILL SHE SWALLOW THE STONE?

It's showtime!

You guys didn't know that he's always been Arucard in Japan? That's not even a "ha, they fucked up in the credits" thing. That's his official name.

More like Alucard was the son of dracula/dracula backward in the US long before Arucard was a concept in Japan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I think it's more down to pronunciation differences than the dub changing it. The dub is just accounting for those differences.

TheOGB

Banned
Welp, I'm out. Hellsing Ultimate has thoroughly depleted my tolerance for anime fuckery, so I'm gonna pass on Weird Hair Alchemist the Movie.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't really feel like FMA. Rather, I don't feel like staying up to 3 to watch a non-canon movie.
See you in the morning.

I think it's more down to pronunciation differences than the dub changing it.

Or the simple fact Alucard is Dracula backwards which has been an English concept for many, many years before Japan started using it to make cool as fuck character. The Japanese changed it to Arucard because of their l/r shenanigans

Crocodile

Hellsing Ultimate FIN

• So Alucard was once human - how exactly did he become the alpha vampire?
  • When and where did the Major meet/learn about Alucard to hate him to the point of making this plan?
  • So Mina Harker was turned, drank Alucard's blood and then was turned back allowing her to die as a human but still have enough vampire juice in her for the Doc to replicate vampirism?
  • Where did Schrodinger even come from? Another monster? A creation of the Doctor?
  • Like what was the deal with Walter and his body?
So many unanswered or poorly answered questions. The Major's plan was super convoluted. The animation could have been better in some respects too. That being said, I did enjoy more parts of this OVA series than I hated or was annoyed by so I count this as a success. Certainly better than the original Hellsing TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom