• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Alucard is the alpha. But he was clearly originally human in the Hellsing universe. I want to know HOW he became a vampire - the OVA doesn't really show how.

If we assume like most other things this series is in "continuity" with the Bram Stoker novel then I'd assume it's the same explanation here as it was there which IIRC was that Dracula was studying dark arts/magic and after death was resurrected as a vampire after his death due to drinking blood and casting magic on himself. Fox may be able to correct me it's been awhile since I read the book

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I know Alucard is the alpha. But he was clearly originally human in the Hellsing universe. I want to know HOW he became a vampire - the OVA doesn't really show how.

They showed in episode 9, he is vlad the impaler, did a whole bunch of horrible shit in the name of god until people were finally sick of it and he was going to be executed, just before getting his head chopped off he licked blood on the stomp in a act of defying god because god didnt help him from being executed even though he did all these things in he name of god, doing this turned him into a demon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No. It's based on the Brotherhood continuity. Didn't you notice Al transmuting by clapping? It takes place after the events of Rush Valley and before the Fifth Laboratory.

Wouldn't it take place after the Fifth Lab? Considering what Ed and Al have learned by this point?

No. It's based on the Brotherhood continuity. Didn't you notice Al transmuting by clapping? It takes place after the events of Rush Valley and before the Fifth Laboratory.
I thought he did that in the original too. But then again I only watched like 4 episodes of the original.

B.K.

Wouldn't it take place after the Fifth Lab? Considering what Ed and Al have learned by this point?

It's been a long time since I watched Milos, but I thought
they were still interested in getting the Philosopher's Stone in it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

and yet Al's clap transmuting means it takes place post-Greed!

It doesn't fit in anywhere

Milos takes place in the continuity the same way 90% of the DBZ movies take place, IE in a magical limbo part of the time line which just pulls characters and powers from whenever they want for the sake of their movie original plot.

daveo42

Banned
The middle of Table City reminds me of this:

519.jpg

The Tower of Babel from Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's been a long time since I watched Milos, but I thought
they were still interested in getting the Philosopher's Stone in it.

No no, you're mis-remembering. They already know by this point, this is after Fifth Lab and before
Ed meets his dad

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Milos takes place in the continuity the same way 90% of the DBZ movies take place, IE in a magical limbo part of the time line which just pulls characters and powers from whenever they want for the sake of their movie original plot.
Pretty much. This is sort of like One Piece Movie 3, which takes place in a mythical part of the series where the crew has Chopper but doesn't have either Vivi or Robin.

Crocodile

They showed in episode 9, he is vlad the impaler, did a whole bunch of horrible shit in the name of god until people were finally sick of it and he was going to be executed, just before getting his head chopped off he licked blood on the stomp in a act of defying god because god didnt help him from being executed even though he did all these things in he name of god, doing this turned him into a demon.

I saw all that. We are to assume saying "fuck you God" is enough to turn him into a vampire. Ok I guess but that feels weak to me :/

I saw all that. We are to assume saying "fuck you God" is enough to turn him into a vampire. Ok I guess but that feels weak to me :/

It's also from the novel as well, he was already researching the dark arts, the spells he cast upon himself + drinking blood + dying + rejected by god = vampire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom