• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a VERY early short that eventually turned into Rick & Morty. Just a heads up, this video is NSFW and extremely crude, I do not recommend watching it around other people...you've been warned.

EDIT: On second thought I'm removing the youtube link, PM me if you want it. There's a testical licking scene that is pretty obscene and graphic.

Rick and Morty reminds me of Back to the Future on acid. I don't see the Space Dandy comparison outside of them both having comedic elements.

I love watching this animated show that has elements of Science fiction and comedy

Am I talking about Rick and Morty? Or am I talking about Space Dandy?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rin hates those people though. It's why she brought food to SESSHOMARU in the first place, she wanted an out.

The people saying clone wars sucks havent watched clone wars the last like 3 weeks

If they want to fault it for the animation style or for the stakes being hard to feel committed to due to its status of a midequel those I get and Clone Wars will never shake those. I know Clone Wars is extended universe canon, but extended universe to the movies might as well be anime filler as it has no real impact on the next canon arc/movie.

Gennedy clone wars got away with this because it was used to introduce greivous, establish Anakin becoming a war hero, and iirc set up for where episode 3 began. A vast majority of clone wars episodes have had zero impact on the ongoing story.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They do a good job of getting you attached to certain clones and then killing them off. I know tons of fans of this series who love the clones.

I love watching this animated show that has elements of Science fiction and comedy

Am I talking about Rick and Morty? Or am I talking about Space Dandy?

That's an extremely basic statement. You could be talking about Futrama, The Jetsons, or Space Ghost for all I know. You're going to need more detail than that to make the case that Rick and Morty is similar to Space Dandy.

The people saying clone wars sucks havent watched clone wars the last like 3 weeks
I tried to watch last week and it put me to sleep, Clone Wars doesn't appeal to me. Non-fans of the show in this thread aren't just spewing random hate. I'm sure most of us have given it a chance.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Don't own it :/
they were literally giving it away free on stream for like 2 days D:
If they want to fault it for the animation style or for the stakes being hard to feel committed to due to its status of a midequel those I get and Clone Wars will never shake those. I know Clone Wars is extended universe canon, but extended universe to the movies might as well be anime filler as it has no real impact on the next canon arc/movie.

Gennedy clone wars got away with this because it was used to introduce greivous, establish Anakin becoming a war hero, and iirc set up for where episode 3 began. A vast majority of clone wars episodes have had zero impact on the ongoing story.
I think the point of clone wars were to expand exactly as you said on the EU, but its a bit more than that, its to expand on the people of the clone wars, you can ask a random SW fan like me and you about those jedi that were behind mace windu and we would tell them how they were fucking badasses, but they didnt have any material besides written form to cover that, we would also tell them how clones had personalities and there were clones that were better than others and they had friendships and other kinds of relationships with the characters of the show which makes order 66 that much of a deeper, sadder thing, and clone wars will really drive home that point.
They do a good job of getting you attached to certain clones and then killing them off. I know tons of fans of this series who love the clones.

I think the most important job of clone wars both gennedy and this one was to make you like literally clones. And I think they do it well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Other clone wars was more about getting Anakin likable and turning Greivous into a credible threat. This one is more about the clones.

foxuzamaki

Nah, I only buy games I intend to play.

I even try to get to what's gifted to me.

Fuck you VVVVVV!

haha I had VVVVV gifted to me aswell. Did you never have any desire to play L4D2? or did you get it out of your system on xbox or something, L4d2 is one of those games you can casually play 10 years from now, like smash brothers and mario kart and team fortress 2.

That's an extremely linear statement. You could be talking about Futrama, The Jetsons, or Space Ghost for all I know. You're going to need more detail than that to make the case that Rick and Morty is similar to Space Dandy.

Okay

Two brand new animated shows that premiered around the same time on the same network that are both scifi comedies.

I didn't see this weeks R&M, but last weeks was a parody of fairy tail stories correct? The same week Space Dandy did a parody of zombie stories. Both shows enjoy setting up familiar environments and then turning them into parody the similarly to shows like family guy and south park.

Similar/Similarly is a really vague blanket statement that can mean a lot of different things depending on how you look at it. You could argue all 4 shows I mentioned above are different for various reasons, and I can say they're all similar for various different reasons. It really comes down to how we're viewing things.

Levyne

Banned
haha I had VVVVV gifted to me aswell. Did you never have any desire to play L4D2? or did you get it out of your system on xbox or something, L4d2 is one of those games you can casually play 10 years from now, like smash brothers and mario kart and team fortress 2.

Just never played it or wanted to, I guess. Just not a game that's entered my sphere of existence, if that makes sense.

But if toonamigaf wants to play something like it I would/could get it.

foxuzamaki

Just never played it or wanted to, I guess. Just not a game that's entered my sphere of existence, if that makes sense.

But if toonamigaf wants to play something like it I would/could get it.
I see, that surprises me a bit, theres a reason I compare it to smash bro. and mario kart, its one of those games that can get very addicting very quickly, but is also one of the best 4 player/multiplayer games to have ever existed.
Yay! Let's do this.
yes!
We should all play that Winnie the Pooh flash baseball game.

And despair.

Oh god no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom