• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool. I get a snow day. Or at least a half day. Feel like I'm in middle school.
Same here. Quite rare for college to actually get closed due to the weather. Though considering all the snow days my little sister has gotten, she'll probably have a decent amount to make up.

Finally, made the post, Neogaf be acting up.

Crocodile

• Dandy's numbers are still great but I would have liked them to be higher since last weekend's episode was the best of the series so far.
  • I'm assuming the big fall between SAO and FLCL was that so many people decided to shut off their TVs or switch channels after the nonsense that was the ending of that SAO episode :/
  • Big Clone Wars bump. In fact the whole tail end of the block seemed to do better than normal (I think).
Cool. I get a snow day. Or at least a half day. Feel like I'm in middle school.

I was supposed to teach today but classes got cancelled because we are having sub-zero degree weather. This winter has been unusually bad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I won a Toonami T-shirt! Aw yeah!

RzU4Cw1.gif

• I'm assuming the big fall between SAO and FLCL was that so many people decided to shut off their TVs or switch channels after the nonsense that was the ending of that SAO episode :/

I think the FLCL drop has more to do with the fact that it's only 6 episodes long and on a repeat. The show has also already been aired to death on Adult Swim, there's probably some viewer fatigue at this point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the FLCL drop has more to do with the fact that it's only 6 episodes long and on a repeat. The show has also already been aired to death on Adult Swim, there's probably some viewer fatigue at this point.
This sounds like a plausible theory. I remember way back, I had the same feeling for FLCL & I think a few other shows as well. "Holy crap, how many times are they gonna reair this?!" I didn't mind rewatching FLCL this time since it's been so long & I had a group of people who haven't seen it, making for a different experience.

While it's cool to to see the numbers, demographics are what really matter to advertisers, and by extension toonami. 18-49 is the most important, we'll find out out how the block did last weekend tomorrow. In the meantime I'd like to post the press release from two weeks ago, it indicates just how well the new toonami has been doing.

Saturday night’s exclusive TOONAMI block (11:30 p.m.-2:30 a.m.) of anime programming scored solid gains among key programming: Space Dandy (11:30 p.m.), Bleach (12 a.m.) and Naruto (12:30 a.m.) all ranked #1 in their respective timeslots among targeted men demos 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49. Bleach and Naruto also ranked #1 in their time periods among adults 18-34. Naruto earned year-over-year delivery gains across all targeted young adults and men 18-24/18-49, while Bleach improved delivery of adults 18-34, 18-49 and all men demos; Space Dandy grew among men 18-24 & 18-49.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's also the first rerun after 3 full hours of premieres. You get 6 straight new shows that takes you all the way to 2:30 in the morning...I have to imagine that's just about the limit for most normal people.

5 am timeslot seems to be working for Clone Wars. It probably doesn't hurt that that was the first new-to-Adult-Swim episode.

Levyne

Banned
It's also the first rerun after 3 full hours of premieres. You get 6 straight new shows that takes you all the way to 2:30 in the morning...I have to imagine that's just about the limit for most normal people.

5 am timeslot seems to be working for Clone Wars. It probably doesn't hurt that that was the first new-to-Adult-Swim episode.

These OP episodes haven't aired on TV? How far behind the dubbed dvd releases are we?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
These OP episodes haven't aired on TV? How far behind the dubbed dvd releases are we?

Prior to the show's return to the new Toonami, the last episode to appear on US TV was 175 (which was really episode 140-something of that run, I believe, due to all the episodes removed earlier on in the series).

Everything from the middle of Skypiea on would be brand new to US TV.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just saw news/scan of a Fate/Stay Night remake happening later this year. To quote the more noteworthy stuff:

– The Fate/Stay Night anime series is due Fall 2014
– The director is Takahiro Miura (the guy who directed Kara no Kyoukai’s 6th film)
– Character designs are done by Tomonori Sudo, Hisayuki Tabata, and Atsushi Ikariya.
– Half the scenario is completed.
– Voice recording began Fall 2013.
– Some episodes have already been completed.
– They’re doing an original route with this adaption. The original content is done by Nasu.
– There are new costume designs – modern casual wear for Shirou and Rin and some jacket for casual Saber.
– The atmosphere will be serious, similar to Fate/Zero, but will have some comical moments.
– Fans will feel the connection to Fate/Zero.
– They want to portray Shirou properly as a main character.
Sounds as though it'll be quite different compared to the original version. Might check it out since I'm finally watching the rest of Fate/Zero.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just saw news/scan of a Fate/Stay Night remake happening later this year. To quote the more noteworthy stuff:

Sounds as though it'll be quite different compared to the original version. Might check it out since I'm finally watching the rest of Fate/Zero.

Will there be sex scenes

LOLDSFAN

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.251 million
12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.158 million
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.177 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 955,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.6 HH, 833,000
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.6 HH, 820,000
2:30AM Fooly Cooly 0.5 HH, 689,000
3:00AM Naruto 0.5 HH, 659,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 536,000
4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.4 HH, 524,000
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 547,000
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 736,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 637,000

Dat Star Ware bump.

I won a Toonami T-shirt! Aw yeah!

Congrats man.

*checks email*

Nothing... :<

MikeMyers

So if Kagura and Kanna were created by Naraku after Kikyo gave him the Jewel Shard, doesnt that make Kagura and Kanna their daughters?

#followyourdreamsonigumo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom