• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the entire series, but not the movie or played any of the games or read any of the light novels/manga.

I second the congrats Bass, that's good weightloss there. I wish I was progressing that quickly.

I'm 5'11" and started at 260! Pounds so naturally adding in some light exercise and putting my calories at a normal level will cause me to drop. I was probably eating 3500 calories a day when working at McDonalds, replacing breakfast with a slim fast, packing my own lunch or dinner, having a lean cuisine for the other meal, replacing bad snacks with good low calorie ones, and having a job where I'm more active all made such a "radical" weight change easy. In a month or two I'll have to pick up the amount of exercise I do once my body gets used to this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wish I could diet again, as I lost 60 lbs (268 to 208) over the course of 7 or 8 months. Wouldn't mind losing another 15 to get down to 190 but college & online work give me little exercise time.

It's hard man, especially if you have a desk job. I take a few walks every day in addition to my work out. It's slow going but I assume I'm gaining muscle at the same time. I am losing more size in terms of clothes fitting better than weight is saying. It just hurts every time I see the wii fit telling me I'm obese, yet I don't feel like it :(

bigkrev

I don't want to admit how much I weigh- its way too much, although at least I carry it well- I look like i'm around 260 or so. I dropped 30 lbs last September-October, but started a new job in November and haven't exactly been eating all that great since then. I was working out 4 times a week, but now the bullshit winter and work has made that number closer to once a week if that. Once it stops snowing every other day, i'm going to get back into a strong gym routine.

Congratulations indeed!

I am dieting/exercising as well. Started in late December at 257. I am down to 235 as of yesterday. I am trying to eat healthier and I do an hour on my Wii Fit U as a work out daily.

I've been thinking about getting wii fit u just to make things a bit different, of course I'd have to explain to my parents where the wiiu I sold for rent money magically appeared from (never sold the wiiu, lied to avoid further yelling)

Wish I could diet again, as I lost 60 lbs (268 to 208) over the course of 7 or 8 months. Wouldn't mind losing another 15 to get down to 190 but college & online work give me little exercise time.

I remember that feel a few years ago, while I'm not in college living at home I want to take advantage of this time to get not just my health under control but my debt as well.

I've been into long distance running since I was in middle school and have a low metabolism so I've been lucky to always be in shape. My parents also forced me to try out every sport from basketball and baseball to tennis and golf growing up so I've always had that 'active lifestyle' mindset. I need to eat better though; I have a terrible diet and that's a major component of maintaining your health.

Congrats though Bass! I'm glad things are going better for you since quitting work at McDonalds. If you ever get into running and need shoe/training advice feel free to ask.

TheChits

Get a pullup bar for your doorway and do a set of pull ups or leg raises whenever you go in or out of the room. Quick and easy way to keep you at least a bit active throughout the day

Congratulations indeed!

I am dieting/exercising as well. Started in late December at 257. I am down to 235 as of yesterday. I am trying to eat healthier and I do an hour on my Wii Fit U as a work out daily.
Oh damn, wii fit is actually effective? I might invest in one of those balance boards. Plus it will give me an excuse to turn on my Wii U.

789shadow

Banned
Strike various poses and practice the most swag ways of sitting down.

tumblr_msatawPe4n1sayrd9o1_1280.png

No, this.

Oh damn, wii fit is actually effective? I might invest in one of those balance boards. Plus it will give me an excuse to turn on my Wii U.

It isn't all balance games and yoga. You can do some pretty intense aerobics and dancing using the wiifit. The wii fit U has a whole section on strength training as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
for the first time since starting the project I actually feel compelled to watch a filler arc of Naruto early. Most of this has to do with the nature of tomorrow; I could be stuck here all day with nothing to do or I could be up at 7am and back at 9pm (this one is more likely actually)

Another fun thing about this filler is I happened to be on vacation with a friend the summer this was airing on CN and it's always stuck with me. CN was trying to figure out exactly what to do with this filler nonsense so if I remember right they took a huge break either right before or right after the very end of the bring back the sauce arc. I sort of watched the dub in drips and drops at that point, it wasn't until Thanksgiving 2010 that I got the first five seasons for extremely short money and plowed through them. But this arc and a few others I remember enjoying both during the creep through filler hell as they were released and then also dubbed on CN years and years later.

Raxus

"You're not gonna believe it Morty! We've been renewed Morty, we're gonna have more adventures just the two of us! And the family I guess but mostly *burps* us Morty!"

"Uhhhhh...I don't know Rick. Last time we got renewed we disappeared for 3 weeks. My parents are already upset I am so behind on my schoolwork."

Jintor

Edit: Damn 6 weeks into my weight loss and I've dropped 20 pounds

what's that in real weight?

either way congrats

/edit pounds? what is this? I don't understand you guys at all

When Kirito gave the two groups his moneyhats, they were planning to use that to get themselves raid gear and come join him in the tree. Also, I believe most MMO references in anime still are built off EQ's era of design where we had open zones. No instances whatsoever.

There was no indication they knew that Kirito and Co were inside the tree though so the Big Damn Heroes moment comes down to 'fortuitous timing', which while plausible, is also in the context of SAO and its deus ex machana bullshit, extremely stupid.

Kinda funny you'd have VR technology but 90s MMO design philosophy

Man God

Non-Canon Member
New Legend of Galactic Heroes anime for TOONAMI!

(Assuming it gets dubbed...big assumption there. And that Toonami would even want a space opera...and it would have to be good...)

EDIT: Didn't the schoolmate who has no chance in hell with Sugu somehow spread the word to those people?

There was no indication they knew that Kirito and Co were inside the tree though so the Big Damn Heroes moment comes down to 'fortuitous timing', which while plausible, is also in the context of SAO and its deus ex machana bullshit, extremely stupid.

Kinda funny you'd have VR technology but 90s MMO design philosophy

Yeah its not the most clear reasoning. I'm pretty sure I questioned it the first time around too.

The bolded made me laugh my ass off though. Too true.

Jintor

EDIT: Didn't the schoolmate who has no chance in hell with Sugu somehow spread the word to those people?

If he did, I may have drowned out his stupid whining because of how irritating he is.

isn't he like level 20 or some shit? He was wrecking fools inside the tree for no apparent reason when he got that determination powerup. So stupid

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If he did, I may have drowned out his stupid whining because of how irritating he is.

isn't he like level 20 or some shit? He was wrecking fools inside the tree for no apparent reason when he got that determination powerup. So stupid

Who knows, that whole thing was stupid. I can only imagine what's coming this week.

see, i might have let this shit slide if it was in another show that didn't do it all the time.

It's a rule of fiction that a character that's a total beta gets at least one moment to be badass. see: Johnny Sasaki and Neville Longbottom.

Jintor

It's a rule of fiction that a character that's a total beta gets at least one moment to be badass. see: Johnny Sasaki and Neville Longbottom.

It depends how you build it up. Neville for instance has been flagged as a hidden badass since book 1. Johnny Sasaki relied primarily on rule of funny and Metal Gear being pure unadulterated nonsense. But green-haired mcjackass didn't fall into either category

MikeMyers

The manga club at my school was doing a bargain sale today. I ended up buying all of the Yugioh Season 0 Manga (basically most of the stuff because the card games) for $1.

They had the Inuyasha ani-mangas, I actually bought one for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom