• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh so a bunch of Viz programming is going to be free if I watch it on PC or on any device with the shitty Hulu Plus account starting april 1.

A legal group watch of Inuyasha:FINAL ACT?

Oh so a bunch of Viz programming is going to be free if I watch it on PC or on any device with the shitty Hulu Plus account starting april 1.

A legal group watch of Inuyasha:FINAL ACT?

We should do a legal group watch of Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals (which is already on Hulu, hint hint)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD. I'm playing though Danganronpa & noticed the main character, Makoto Naegi, sounding familiar.

DAMN YOU, KIRITO AKA Bryce Papenbrook. First you're Tiz in Bravely Default & now Danganronpa?!

789shadow

Banned
OH GOD. I'm playing though Danganronpa & noticed the main character, Makoto Naegi, sounding familiar.

DAMN YOU, KIRITO AKA Bryce Papenbrook. First you're Tiz in Bravely Default & now Danganronpa?!
His voice is basically just "Hello, I am a high school aged protagonist."

Final Act is already on Hulu too, Mr. Combo Breaker

I'd be down for both shows

tumblr_mtafo3ucqD1s58fdwo1_400.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I get the feeling Papenbrook is going to be around for a loooong time. At least he's straying away from shitheads like Asbel and Kirito.

BatDan

does he have any other voices?

Would Red from Pokemon Origins count? He's not in high school....
Yeah, I'm reaching.

Oh, and even though SAO is gone next week, Papenbrook is not. He plays the lead character of Blue Exorcist. Speaking of, I need to read that manga.

Would Red from Pokemon Origins count? He's not in high school....
Yeah, I'm reaching.

Oh, and even though SAO is gone next week, Papenbrook is not. He plays the lead character of Blue Exorcist. Speaking of, I need to read that manga.

No Red is only 10 so he's in middle school :p

Also lets not group watch InuYasha until it ends on Toonami and final act isn't announced, I do want to experience the series first time with everyone

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
His voice is basically just "Hello, I am a high school aged protagonist."
The thing that kind of sucks is that here, I don't mind the voice itself, but it feels underplayed when he's saying "no, that's wrong." when I KNOW he can put more emotion into it, especially considering the context of the game.

Moaradin

He's not that bad of a voice actor. Nobody could have saved Kirito from being a totally shit character.

kinda funny that he's voicing the main character in SAO's replacement.

Seda

Bryce Papenbrook wasn't a prominent voice actor for video games until recently. I didn't know him until Tales of Graces F, which was 2012. At that point I had played Radiata Stories where he was also the lead. He still doesn't have a ton of roles, but since Graces he's been in Rune Factory IV, DanganRompa, and Bravely Default, (and Ys: Memories of Celceta, although he was just battle grunts for the mute main character).

And of course he has some anime lead roles as well as we have / are going to experience.

Looking up his Wikipedia page, he's only 27, so he could be around a while. Also he used to(?) go by the pseudonym 'Dick Smallberries Jr.'. That's some name. I actually recall seeing that once in Trigun credits.

Bryce Papenbrook wasn't a prominent voice actor for video games until recently. I didn't know him until Tales of Graces F, which was 2012. At that point I had played Radiata Stories where he was also the lead. He still doesn't have a ton of roles, but since Graces he's been in Rune Factory IV, DanganRompa, and Bravely Default, (and Ys: Memories of Celceta, although he was just battle grunts for the mute main character).

And of course he has some anime lead roles as well as we have / are going to experience.

Looking up his Wikipedia page, he's only 27, so he could be around a while. Also he used to(?) go by the pseudonym 'Dick Smallberries Jr.'. That's some name. I actually recall seeing that once in Trigun credits.

Amazing.

i know his dad, Bob Papenbrook, went by John Smallberries

MY CRESTA

Jintor

I would love to talk to some of the VAs about SAO

"Did you realise your character was going to get sexually assaulted when you took on this role?"

"Kirito has the strangest logic trains in the world. How did you decide to play him?"

"Your character is in love with her cousin-brother. Did the script meet your expectations for the nuance and complexity that such a story would require?"

And second thought Bat Dan you should probably get a few additional guns, I'm thinking like 7+ So that one is always in arms reach any room in your house along with the one you'll always carry, also Add one for every car you own

BatDan

And second thought Bat Dan you should probably get a few additional guns, I'm thinking like 7+ So that one is always in arms reach any room in your house along with the one you'll always carry, also Add one for every car you own

I just need to have good faith that nobody in the thread will waste money to travel to where I live just for a t-shirt.

Still... *checks locks*

I would love to talk to some of the VAs about SAO

"Did you realise your character was going to get sexually assaulted when you took on this role?"

"Kirito has the strangest logic trains in the world. How did you decide to play him?"

"Your character is in love with her cousin-brother. Did the script meet your expectations for the nuance and complexity that such a story would require?"

"So Vic, what was your approach to playing a rape slug? Where did you find the inspiration? Did you go out and observe creatures with tentacles, or slugs?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom