• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to stop making excuses and just DL the game, with Inazuma 11 being a digital only title I wouldn't be surprised if more niche Japanese games are digital only like most OP games, X, and upcoming AA titles

tumblr_inline_mh8686Kr0H1qz4rgp.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Never! If the digital future is going to try and drag me in, I'm going kicking and screaming!

Wait, X? Do you mean Monolith Soft's X? At what point did Nintendo imply that's digital only?

No way X is digital only, I have a feeling they'll push it hard. Especially after all the great word of mouth and fan campaigns surrounding Xenoblade.

bigkrev

I feel like the only people upset about the X trailer are people who didn't play Xenoblade and were shocked to find out it was infact a JRPG and not an action game

To be fair, a LOT of people didn't play Xenoblade. It was a very limited release long after most people stopped caring about the Wii

Never! If the digital future is going to try and drag me in, I'm going kicking and screaming!

Wait, X? Do you mean Monolith Soft's X? At what point did Nintendo imply that's digital only?

They did not announce a date for it, which they did in Japan. That tells me they aren't sure it will come out here- if it bombs in Japan its probably not worth the money to localize, if the WiiU is effectively dead after Holiday 2014 it won't make sense to localize, ect.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No, they said at the initial announcement that it was coming out in Europe and America.

The only thing that might change is that it could be Japan 2014, US/Europe 2015.

I might import if that happens. I'm excited as shit. Four party member Xenoblade, potentially online, with the ability to hop in a mech and do extra damage like some sort of limit break?

oOBqsJv.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To be fair, a LOT of people didn't play Xenoblade. It was a very limited release long after most people stopped caring about the Wii

They did not announce a date for it, which they did in Japan. That tells me they aren't sure it will come out here- if it bombs in Japan its probably not worth the money to localize, if the WiiU is effectively dead after Holiday 2014 it won't make sense to localize, ect.

In Japan?
Where?
I'm looking and I don't find it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The difference here is timing.

X has been 2014 in all regions in the last few updates we've had on it. E3 2013 and the last quarterly investors sheet.

Tonight it was 2014 in Japan, no mention in the US or European NDs.

Just remembered that this is relevant to this thread as well:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-director-says-original-characters-are-boring
ComingSoon: It's one of those strange stories where you literally never see the main character [Akira] that is the namesake of the film!

Collet-Serra: Nobody's interesting. Tetsuo's interesting because weird shit happens to him, and Kaneda is so two-dimensional. That's part of the Japanese culture, they never have strong characters. They're used as a way to move the other philosophy forward.

Considering Xenoblade got a limited release at Gamestop only I imagine the sequel on a system with a fraction of the install base if it gets localized will probably be digital only. At best it'll be gamestop only... and considering most gamestops aren't even bothering to carry the WiiU anymore...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They never announced Xenoblade for the US and only brought it over because of fan complaining. They announced X for the US at the same time as Japan and Europe. It's a Nintendo release so it'll be retail.

Back to Toonami: Isn't it incredible that last week the best looking and best animated show was 13 11 years old?

They never announced Xenoblade for the US and only brought it over because of fan complaining. They announced X for the US at the same time as Japan and Europe. It's a Nintendo release so it'll be retail.

Back to Toonami: Isn't it incredible that last week the best looking and best animated show was 13 11 years old?

They announced Monado back I think in E3 2007 or E3 2008, then went silent on the title for 2 years before it reappeared as Xenoblade.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They announced Monado back I think in E3 2007 or E3 2008, then went silent on the title for 2 years before it reappeared as Xenoblade.

They showed Monado beginning of the world to press. They did not announce it that year. They didn't announce Xenoblade coming out to the US until late 2011.

They announced X, coming to the Wii U in all regions, this time last year.

They showed Monado beginning of the world to press. They did not announce it that year. They didn't announce Xenoblade coming out to the US until late 2011.

They announced X, coming to the Wii U in all regions, this time last year.

Either way, until I have the game in my hands (or DLing into my WiiU) I'm going to remain slightly skeptical, same with FE x SMT. After having my heart ripped out by MML3, FE 12, and AAI2 I'm not repeating that mistake :'[

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got a surprise this weekend. Nothing world shaking but hopefully enough to bring you all out of the deep submerge of misery during Toonami.

Cwarrior

Knowing Nintendo. Where going to have beg in masses to get X over even if it already in English.

I expect nothing from the people that took over 3 years to bring over animal crossing to the UK after the us release.

I have one of the Tony Tony Chopper cellphone charms on my 3DS right now. I have Zoro charm somewhere and I did have one of (future spoiler)
Sunny Go
, but I lost it. :(

Till this day the name Tony Tony Chopper sounds like some old school gangster's name.

So does Neji ever do anything besides train? Seriously I think every scene outside of his part in the Chunin exams and his part in the retrieval arc has been of him training either with Ten Ten or with Hinata's dad

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's gonna show up soon in filler and somewhere else...
Shippuden.

Neji is very Tien. Only he didn't have an evil master, just a slightly messed up world view from some incorrect assumptions as a very young child.

You know structurally speaking how the filler arcs have handled so far is what I wanted and expected to see from Shippuden. So far in our 3 filler arcs we've had the following teams

Land of Rice Arc: Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraya
Prison Break Arc: Naruto, Iruka, Shika/Ino/Cho, and surprise late appearance by Tsunade
Beetle Arc: Naruto, Hinata, Kiba, Shino

There by allowing us to see more of the ninja world and have Naruto team up with various shinobi of the leaf (and possibly other villages) while doing missions that had to do with either getting Sauce back and eventually dealing with the Akataski.

MikeMyers

You know structurally speaking how the filler arcs have handled so far is what I wanted and expected to see from Shippuden. So far in our 3 filler arcs we've had the following teams

Land of Rice Arc: Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraya
Prison Break Arc: Naruto, Iruka, Shika/Ino/Cho, and surprise late appearance by Tsunade
Beetle Arc: Naruto, Hinata, Kiba, Shino

There by allowing us to see more of the ninja world and have Naruto team up with various shinobi of the leaf (and possibly other villages) while doing missions that had to do with either getting Sauce back and eventually dealing with the Akataski.

IMO
Team Guy should have gotten a better battle than just fighting fodder clones of themselves, Team 8 should have gotten a proper battle in the Itachi arc, and Temari should have fought alongside Shikamaru/Kakashi in the Immortals arc

Oh god Shino is so awesome

"Naruto I'm am leader stop being an idiot"

I may have taken a liberty with what he said but it was so glorious to see Naruto get verbally smacked

God the anime filler team better be in the know with Kishi about how Naruto is going to end in terms of shipping or I will RAGE WORTH THE THOUSAND SUNS if Naruto ends up with anyone other then Sauske Hinata

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A what? I dont care you can spoil manga events for me

Naruto's heart stopped so Sakura reached into his chest and starting squeezing his heart so the blood would keep flowing
. Basically it's the most useful and badass thing she's done this entire series.

Raxus

So far the only 'painful' episode of Gundam Build Fighters so far has been the beach episode. Even the girl episode wasn't as bad as I expected.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not working tomorrow. Should I stay up an extra hour and a half and do another episode of Naruto or should I do it when I wake up.

Hmm. It is almost a new page. If it gets to a new page before midnight when I'd start watching I'll do it. If not it is a sign from all of you that it just wasn't meant to be.

Not working tomorrow. Should I stay up an extra hour and a half and do another episode of Naruto or should I do it when I wake up.

Hmm. It is almost a new page. If it gets to a new page before midnight when I'd start watching I'll do it. If not it is a sign from all of you that it just wasn't meant to be.

I just caught up with you don't watch extra lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just caught up with you don't watch extra lol

It's not extra, it legitimately is tomorrow in 26 minutes. Plus Friday looks to be the day I beat most of what I have left in BD:FF (slow work week) and its also MH Triday. I'd rather get it out of the way sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom