• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This week.

C3MdU7W.gif

Flew by.

that gif went perfectly to the time I read "that gif" and then just a few seconds later, sakura's hand comes punching out, and then i finished flew by, it worked perfectly.

Seda

Somewhat relevant maybe

Link

Attack on Titan English Dub Premiere at Anime Boston

FUNimation announced during their Industry Panel at Katsucon that the English Dub of Attack on Titan will premiere at Anime Boston. They also revealed the English Crew for the series, listed here below:

Attack on Titan Crew:
ADR Director – Mike McFarland
Head Writer – John Burgmeier
Script Writers – J. Michael Tatum & Tyson Rinehart (episodes 3, 7, 10)
ADR Engineer – Kenneth Thompson

Anime Boston is March 21-23

Seda

Oh and this was just posted too

NEW TOONAMI LINEUP STARTING NEXT WEEK!
11:30p - Space Dandy
12:00a - Bleach
12:30a – Naruto Shippuden
01:00a – One Piece
01:30a - Blue Exorcist – Premiere!!
02:00a - Soul Eater
02:30a - Naruto Uncut
03:00a - Ghost in the Shell:SAC
03:30A - FMA Brotherhood
04:00a - Samurai Jack
04:30a - IGPX
05:00a - SWCW
05:30a - Inuyasha
Enjoy!

Soul Eater gets bumped down (again) to finish its run.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/76683561316/new-toonami-lineup-starting-next-week

LOLDSFAN

On the downside I only get a 30 minute break (until I catch up on OP). On the bright side I get 30 minutes more sleep. since I don't watch Soul Eater.

Attack on Titan Crew:
ADR Director – Mike McFarland
Head Writer – John Burgmeier
Script Writers – J. Michael Tatum & Tyson Rinehart (episodes 3, 7, 10)
ADR Engineer – Kenneth Thompson

cool. Mike McFarland's done a ton of stuff, like Summer Wars and One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist. J. Michael Tatum did Steins;Gate and Deadman Wonderland (though both of those were with Patrick Seitz) Daru hasn't done much script work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'll definitely do SAOturday's Naruto tonight at midnight (3 and a half hours from now) so I can end the arc after I get up on Sunday.

Monday begins more insanity in filler land.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love the exchange where Perfect Cell Naraku tells Kikiyo that he doesn't have his heart anymore and has learned Instant Transmission.

The Attack on Titan English dub!?!?!? This will be a momentous occasion in dubbed anime history. People really, really love AoT, so if it's not completely perfect then people will riot. I'm actually kinda nervous for them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Attack on Titan English dub!?!?!? This will be a momentous occasion in dubbed anime history. People really, really love AoT, so if it's not completely perfect then people will riot. I'm actually kinda nervous for them.

Still won't be as good or monumental as the DRRR! dub.

Mature

It wouldn't be perfect even if it was perfect. People already know how they want the voices to sound and it's the voices they've already heard.

Still won't be as good or monumental as the DRRR! dub.
It's a good dub, sure, but monumental?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It wouldn't be perfect even if it was perfect. People already know how they want the voices to sound and it's the voices they've already heard.

It's a good dub, sure, but monumental?

I sometimes post to get certain people to respond. If I praise or talk shit about DRRR, andrex will show up. Same with MikeMyers and Inuyasha or anything related to Ino. A certain someone else and Case Closed.

I might actually finish watching the dub of Case Closed when I'm done with Naruto. Probably won't gif it though.

Attack on Titan is coming this year, dunno if it'll replace Dandy when it finishes but its coming soon

Edit: Anime Boston? I could go to that, hmm

Amikami

Banned
What's up Toonamigaf!! Finally, the weekend. What a bad week!

Just happened to step into the manga thread and saw that SAO page. Never stop being you Sugu.

On the downside I only get a 30 minute break (until I catch up on OP). On the bright side I get 30 minutes more sleep. since I don't watch Soul Eater.

Hurry up and catch up on One Piece, Toonami is rapidly approaching the part you'll want to be part of the group watch for. Also that early break is only for a few weeks till Black Lagoon starts

Raxus

Attack on Titan is coming this year, dunno if it'll replace Dandy when it finishes but its coming soon

Edit: Anime Boston? I could go to that, hmm

It seems like a shoe in to replace in a prime time slot plus could you imagine the shit Toonami would get for cutting the opening? Steve Blum's head would explode.

It seems like a shoe in to replace in a prime time slot plus could you imagine the shit Toonami would get for cutting the opening? Steve Blum's head would explode.

March 29th is the final episode of Dandy if it really is only 13 episodes, so the timing is almost perfect for AoT to take over that slot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pfft, you'll never be as sadistic as Oberon

When he died in the game he didn't die in real life.

EDIT:

Judging by what little I've seen of Black Lagoon, going from that, to Naruto, to GitS might feel awkward.

Without Bebop on the block anymore the show that closest resembles Black Lagoon is GITS. One is a modern fantasy about a crew of miscreants while the other is a near future super police force cyber crimes division but they both basically take place on a fairly recognizable earth and generally have real world stakes.

Seda

Without Bebop on the block anymore the show that closest resembles Black Lagoon is GITS. One is a modern fantasy about a crew of miscreants while the other is a near future super police force cyber crimes division but they both basically take place on a fairly recognizable earth and generally have real world stakes.

Right, I was specifically pointing out that Naruto of all things is sandwiched in between them. (Assuming Black Lagoon replaces Soul Eater in that slot)

So basically confirmed the leak?

Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom