• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
of the three around me:

Pizza Hut gets waaaaaaaaay too greasy sometimes, but other than that they're fine i think. the fact that they have stuffed crust at all makes up for a lot. they've got FAR AND AWAY the best wings of the three. breadsticks are garbage.

Papa John's has good pizza that doesn't get too greasy. good breadsticks, and their wings are at least ok. i think they're the most expensive, though.

Domino's has good pan pizza (which is kinda greasy), but for their regular pizza they go so hard on the seasoning that i actually don't want to eat it. their wings are terribad. never had their breadsticks, but they've got a good italian sub that's way overpriced.

i'd actually give Pizza Hut the edge purely on the wings, since i tend to get wings when i get a pizza. best pizza in general is Papa John's if you don't mind it being pricier by a few bucks and the lack of stuffed crust. i'd only get Domino's when they have some kind of special going on or hand me a coupon, which they tend to do a lot in fairness.

oh, and fuck Little Caesar's. when your breadsticks are better than your pizza, you messed up. you messed up real bad.

MikeMyers

i'd expect no less victim blaming from lord sess.

am i doing it rite

All hail LORD SESSHOMARU!

NZmKrGb.gif

Main reason I accept NaruHina is so InoSaku can happen.

I mean for $30-40 you can buy all of Soul Eater from Funimation. Heck I own episodes 1-200ish of OP and they cost me less then $100 dollars

Their DVD/Bluray combo packs are really overpriced though

I mean that Season is just 13 episodes, and its original price is like $50

Only series I own is FMA:B.

Besides the obvious of course, I have all of DB (including GT) and Sailor Moon.

Also just a bunch of random stuff from when I was subscribed to SJ. I know I have YYH up until the Dark Tournament end, for example.

On a side note, I'm no longer watching Toonami on my 26" TV. Parents upgraded to a 50" TV in the living room, so I got the TV that was in their to use for now. It's a 37". Hurray for upgrades!

I finally updated my TV in the tail end of 2013.

3 Colossi down, I STILL haven't gotten to the 2nd gym and XY and my pokemon are almost 30, and I am level 13 in Titanfall. Not a bad day progressing through these games.
I haven't even gotten around to starting my game yet.

Just for full disclosure, I was being sarcastic. I am bitter every time I see a pizza thread and I am like "Yay pizza!" then the following comments are all similar to what I posted :(

Hell, any food related thread...not just pizza. I like Papa Johns and Dominos damnit.

Dominos is the one closest to my house, I think I oversaturated myself on it. Can't stand it anymore.

normally i get frozen pizzas

*ducks*

I do too actually.

Pizza Hut has been garbage for the last 10 years, sorry. Constantly coming up with gimmick pizza to disguise the fact that their ingredients are all crap. I'd rather eat at Domino's.

Haters gonna hate.

bigkrev

So every summer, my family rents a place on the Ocean City NJ boardwalk. There are approximately 25 different independent pizza places there, and I have tried them all. Around where I live right now we have a FUCKING AWESOME local place called Vitos, a few good but not great mom and pop shops, and almost no chains. We do have a Dominos though if the need for Shitty pizza arrises, and have a Little Ceasers 20 minutes away.

I wish I liked more types of pizza. I don't eat pork, and I don't like cold toppings, so its pretty much just chicken and plain pizza for me :(

Levyne

Banned
I like how bigkrev is the most typical gaf poster here, complete with food hyperbole and daring to venture dangerous heated gaming side graveyards.

I like how bigkrev is the most typical gaf poster here, complete with food hyperbole and daring to venture dangerous heated gaming side graveyards.

I'm equally surprised the cardboard pizza did not induce biblical proportions of explosive diarrhea that not only cracked porcelain but scared small children and animals.

bigkrev

Nah, I possess the ability to read what I write and go "oh, I CANT post that", which most normal gaffers lack.

I'm equally surprised the cardboard pizza did not induce biblical proportions of explosive diarrhea that not only cracked porcelain but scared small children and animals.

No one on gaf has a proper digestive system I guess. Maybe If I went to Taco bell, dropped a 50 dollar bill and said "as many Chili Cheese Burritos as this will buy" and ate all of them in 30 minutes that would happen, but these must be the same people that think if you ever take a single puff of an unfiltered cigarette you will get cancer or something.

No one on gaf has a proper digestive system I guess. Maybe If I went to Taco bell, dropped a 50 dollar bill and said "as many Chili Cheese Burritos as this will buy" and ate all of them in 30 minutes that would happen, but these must be the same people that think if you ever take a single puff of an unfiltered cigarette you will get cancer or something.

It never fails, man.

"I went to taco bell last night. I was laid up for FOUR DAYS and ruined two pairs of dockers. Never again"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Around the turn of the century Papa Johns was quite possibly the best big chain pizza in the world. They actually cared about their ingredients and their pizza tasted fresh. By about 2004 though when they started getting really big their quality took a nosedive.

The fried chicken was a success. I walked some over to my folks place (it is snowing at a decent clip here, not worth driving when it is only a few houses down) and I don't have much left for a Toonami snack.

I do have a surprise this night. A gift for all of you.

EDIT: It's always Taco Bell too, a fast food chain with some of the fresher ingredients as far as that goes (Wendy's beats them all for size and quality of products though). I'm convinced most of it is a thiny veiled prejudice against Tex/Mex. The only fast food that has ever laid me up are McDonalds of questionable quality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should make a filler episode where Team Asuma orders a pizza; I wonder what lewd situation Ino would find herself in this time.

Ino tends to shine in filler scenarios.

Waits for MM's glistening urine joke. Episode 192 spoilers
Piss Rainbow.

bigkrev

Taco Bell is the best seriously never understood the hate

The secret to Taco Bell is that they have new menu items every month it seems, where as a place like McDonalds or Burger King have new menu items maybe once a year. This means Xia gets to make a new gaf thread, and we all get to post pictures of Josh Freeman.

Like, I was at a Combo Taco Bell/Long John Silvers last week, and did you know they added like 4 new drinks? They have Diet Baja Blast now that I think I like better than regular Baja Blast (the original was a bit too sweet IMO), an apple flavor soda (tasted like a more carbonated Reds Apple Ale), and a non-carbonated pomegranate juice?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Temari has more scenes in filler than my girl Twenty though. She does get to shine as the best straight man ever in SD Rock Lee though.

Ten-Ten was basically ignored in all forms of Naruto before SD Rock Lee. She's got an interesting power that gets jobbed to the perfect counter to it in Part 1 and her improvement in Shippuden to
a Taskmaster like super soldier with all known weapon forms
just isn't enough in the crazy power spiked world of part 2. She's basically a non Batman street level vigilante in comic books.

The secret to Taco Bell is that they have new menu items every month it seems, where as a place like McDonalds or Burger King have new menu items maybe once a year. This means Xia gets to make a new gaf thread, and we all get to post pictures of Josh Freeman.

Like, I was at a Combo Taco Bell/Long John Silvers last week, and did you know they added like 4 new drinks? They have Diet Baja Blast now that I think I like better than regular Baja Blast (the original was a bit too sweet IMO), an apple flavor soda (tasted like a more carbonated Reds Apple Ale), and a non-carbonated pomegranate juice?

Exactly, in college my buddies and I would make late night tb runs 3-4 times a week. Occasionally we'd go somewhere else and go "why didn't we go to tb"

Went a couple weeks ago for Toonami Meal as well. Got the Diet Baja Blast! Was so excited that my favorite drink there had a diet version finally. Got the two new grillers and my old cheesy crunch gordita standby. It was delicious and had a perfectly fine stomach reaction.

Loaded Potato Griller is still the godking of Grilltopia.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still don't have the new flavors at my Bell. I'll be going there next week for cheat day because it's right next to the Best Buy where I get my delicious delicious 20% eshop points cards. 20% off Tropical Freeze, Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, X, and Brawl? Why not.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Despite its reputation its possibly the easiest American fast food joint to eat healthy at. It's only real competition among the big boys is Subway. I find it easy to get cheap filling and relatively healthy meals there that make you feel good after eating them.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Despite my love for taco bell, I literally only order one thing in all my 22 years, and that is the number 1 which is a taco usually soft and a burrito. dont know if thats one of the healthier choices, but its tried and true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom