• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Honestly I'd rather take Episodes that adapt lots of chapter + fillers arcs over Episodes that adapt just one chapter + no filler.

Honestly I'd rather take Episodes that adapt lots of chapter + fillers arcs over Episodes that adapt just one chapter + no filler.

I'd rather they just have good pacing and no filler, blocking shonen series in 13-26 episodes seasons yearly that way they don't catch up with canon anytime soon and can continue to keep the pacing strong.

Derishishishishi

tumblr_mlgy51JgE61qdeg0do1_500.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It will devour your soul. Please stop.

I caught up to Naruto back in the day maybe a dozen episodes into the filler. Maybe 20 episodes, I'll remember when I get there. It's a memorable episode. Nothing was as earth shattering as waiting for Japanese TV schedules to spoil the fact that, no, the next episode after this current filler arc wasn't Kakashi Gaiden nor the start of Part 2. This went on...for over a year. Like getting caught in a Sharingan trap.

This leads to an interesting madness of people trolling people about when it was going to end. It wasn't officially announced until SEASON 8 began almost two years after the filler started. The only thing even remotely similar to the feeling engendered by the Naruto filler hell was The Endless Eight event a few years ago (a much better and definitely shorter experience to be sure) but I still have some fond memories of Naruto filler. Most of the openings are good. Some of the set ups are quite funny. They do explore in a bit of depth some characters...that will be frankly ignored in Shippuden. The endings are by and large great, and some of the arcs are so bad they are amazing.

Point is, this needs to be done. I'm just the man to do it. I've seen much worse since then, this should be a breeze.

You guys, what are you doing? Water you doing? Stahp.

One a day, every day until I finish.

I'm going to keep track of certain metrics.

1. Appearance of key characters. To not go completely insane I'm limiting this to the other Team's members and Kakashi. No need to track appearances of Ramen guy for example. I guess I'll throw in Guy for fun. People can take bets on who shows up the most if they want.
Don't bet on Sasuke.

2. Egregious animation faults. No idea if they've been fixed on the DVDs. Despite owning these things for years now I've never watched them. I saw almost all of the dub though on CN when they aired and have seen the original TV versions, and I remember a few of them. Let's see if they make it to this version.

3. Number of times "Believe it" is uttered. They basically stop this cold turkey in the dub after the first dvd set was released but It does show up from time to time in the series. I'm curious to see if it shows up much in these 80 episodes.

Besides that I'm aiming at one gif an episode, two or three picks.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I remember watching the naruto filler hell patiently waiting until it gets to shippuden, then CN went to shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes but you could easily look up when the filler ended. Back then we were hostage to it! Truly a traumatic experience. Dattebayo would troll fans at least once a month saying Kakashi Gaiden was next.

Kakashi Gaiden doesn't even show up until Shippuden for no reason!

BsDwaD4.gif

First half was actually kind of decent in terms of being a reasonable follow up to the events of the Sause Retrieval Arc, second half gets dumb and the animation vanishes almost instantly

Also I'll admit trying to pick just 1 gif from this episode as a "wow that looks bad" was hard because there were quiet a few, my other favorite was one where the characters just slid up and down for like 10 seconds while the forest moved behind them

Raxus

If Bass somehow finishes filler hell I say we all pitch in to buy him a fine bottle of whiskey to wipe away the bad memories...then make him watch the endless 8.

I've recently been watching some Teen Titans, and Ron Perlman's Slade voice is literally pure auditory sex.

BACK TO BACK KICKHEART

I've seen that shit twice and made it number one on my worst anime of the year list, I'm done with that shit. Fuck kickheart the world would be a better place if it didn't exist.

If Bass somehow finishes filler hell I say we all pitch in to buy him a fine bottle of whiskey to wipe away the bad memories...then make him watch the endless 8.

I actually don't like alcohol all that much, the only things I drink/enjoy are smirnoff ice and apple spice moonshine.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ron Perlman is a beautiful ugly man.

I really fucking wish we could have gotten a fight between his Slade and Batman. The world couldn't even handle it.

Or even a fight with him and Robin that didn't end with Robin being a total jobber.

Tenumi

Banned
So after catching up with the the Soul Eater and SAO episodes I missed last week... I don't want to watch SAO anymore...

...But there is only 3 or so episodes to go.

Sad I wasn't able to stay up for that episode. Must have been a fun one live.

I always thought that Robin losing to Slade was a good thing. Dude was too cocky. Only being able to come out on top thanks to the team kept him grounded and reinforced the idea that teamwork is important.

789shadow

Banned
I always thought that Robin losing to Slade was a good thing. Dude was too cocky. Only being able to come out on top thanks to the team kept him grounded and reinforced the idea that teamwork is important.
In the same vein, Slade got cocky in Season 2, and Beast Boy (BEAST BOY) whooped his ass.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fine 136 it is. Watching it noooow. Saves me an episode either way.

This opening...I don't like it at all. For one thing it's tied with bad memories of the early filler, for another it's visually all over the place. Mainly though it's not Naruto Opening 5!

In the same vein, Slade got cocky in Season 2, and Beast Boy (BEAST BOY) whooped his ass.
Beast Boy was my favorite of the bunch. Well, Raven then Beast Boy. Azarath Metrion Zinthos all day err day.

This opening...I don't like it at all. For one thing it's tied with bad memories of the early filler, for another it's visually all over the place. Mainly though it's not Naruto Opening 5!
Mah man.....god. /badumtish

have fun lol

one day I'll experience filler hell too D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom