• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thinking about it the pretext of Case Closed would make SO MUCH MORE SENSE if Jimmy was a year or two older before getting de aged. A 17 year old still has commitments a 18 or 19 year old wouldn't and it would be far more plausible for someone of that age to just move away under mysterious circumstances.

I'd say just watch a few arcs, the really good ones. About half the episode count is filler.

Considering I've read and watched all of the following or will eventually do that for these series adding Conan isn't a big deal

One Piece (caught up on both)
Naruto (caught up on manga, watching anime with Toonami)
Bleach (caught up on manga, watching anime with Toonami)
Fairy Tail (caught up on manga, waiting for anime to watch with Toonami)

I'll do Conan as well, just without the Toonami part :(

Okay I have to admit, if I was watching Naruto live and had just gone though that horrible filler hell and tuned in to the return of canon and beginning of Shippuden This OP would have hyped the fuck out of me, really damn good

Raxus

Okay I have to admit, if I was watching Naruto live and had just gone though that horrible filler hell and tuned in to the return of canon and beginning of Shippuden This OP would have hyped the fuck out of me, really damn good

Shippuden may have been much more hype if it had better pacing in manga and in the series. When the series catches up it can drag but when the manga drags the anime draaaaaaaaaags. As a result a hype song like Hero's Return winds up with bad memories and it is followed by one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

YOU ARE MY FWIEND AH! AH! AH!

Mature

Thinking about it the pretext of Case Closed would make SO MUCH MORE SENSE if Jimmy was a year or two older before getting de aged. A 17 year old still has commitments a 18 or 19 year old wouldn't and it would be far more plausible for someone of that age to just move away under mysterious circumstances.
Ehh. That takes you out of the story, but being turned into a child doesn't? :p

tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

What is the lineup going to look like when Black Lagoon and Blue Exorcist come?

11:30 Space Dandy
12:00 Bleach
12:30 Naruto Shippuden
1:00 One Piece
1:30 Black Lagoon
2:00 Blue Exorcist
2:30 Naruto
3:00 Ghost in the Shell
3:30 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:00 Samurai Jack
4:30 IGPX
5:00 Clone Wars
5:30 InuYasha

Mature

11:30 Space Dandy
12:30 Naruto Shippuden
1:00 One Piece
1:30 Black Lagoon
2:00 Blue Exorcist
2:30 Naruto
3:00 Ghost in the Shell
4:00 Samurai Jack
4:30 IGPX
5:00 Clone Wars
What a completely different line-up than what we had just late last year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That line up is pretty good now that IGPX is in the second season.

I hope to all that is holy it is replaced this spring though. A third time (second for me) through the first season would be torture. The music alone was enough to force me to double my tea intake.

What a completely different line-up than what we had just late last year.

I assume by last year you mean December 2012 and not December 2013 right?

And no kidding here was the line up in December 2012

12:30 Naruto
1:00 Tenchi GXP
1:30 Thundercats
2:00 Samurai 7
2:30 Symbiotic Titan
3:00 Eureka 7
4:00 Cowboy Bebop
4:30 Cowboy Bebop
5:00 InuYasha

Only 4 of the 10 shows from that time still remain on the block

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I want Kill la Kill to make it to Toonami just for this thread's reaction to that scene in episode 16...

I don't think Adult Swim could handle it, there is no attempted here.

huehuehuehue
Finished watching the episode.

Huuuuuuuuuh...

...that's it. If I wasn't still so mentally tired from doing a ton of college stuff (mainly pre-calc), I'd probably have a more interesting reaction to the one scene in particular. Oh well, least I can finally go back into the OT & read reactions.

Make sure if you request it you have it be a link tag with the Black Lagoon announcement thread for people to follow and read what happened

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember that the pilot of Great Teacher Onizuka is...48 minutes and 24 seconds long when writing up your schedule...

16 episodes out of 24 into Desert Punk and it really feels like the perfect Adult Swim/Toonami show. Great action, some nice lewdness with breasts and ass to make it feel mature, and a great sense of humor. For you guys who like Trigun check it out I think you'd enjoy it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zabusa is crying because his boyfriend/little brother figure/only friend in the world died because he saw a pre-screening of this week's Space Dandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom