• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's just likely the one out of all of those shows that gets the highest ratings for its entire run. Would have been way higher if they were premiere episodes though.

Gotcha, thanks for the response. It was just something I was curious about since the whole run-up to Samurai Jack being brought back on was hyping it and then they dropped it into the 4:00 a.m. slot.

Others at the time mentioned that they may have wanted it to be nearer to their other non-anime shows like SW:TCW but given that IGPX entertained a 2:00 (or was it 2:30? I dont recall right now) spot I would have thought Jack may have been given 2:30 rather than 4. Everything else shifted 30 mins back from where it's at now.

Noooooooooooooooooooo not Valvrave

3KhWqfh.gif

Don't think that one is being localized anytime soon.

I imagine Aniplex won't miss a chance to charge 300 dollars for a 6 episode box set before too long ;)

daveo42

Banned
I'm willing to remark on that when I see what is going to happen to Black Lagoon.

I've only watched the first 12 episodes, but I don't remember much of anything that would need to be censored outside of
the Nazi U-boat arc, mainly for Nazis.
Maybe a little to tone some of the violence down, but really censors in our country care way more about nudity than violence.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Valvrave couldn't air on toonami without some crazy censorship due to a certain scene in S1

That scene isnt really that bad, the act of sex itself(though its rape) is far from enough from getting it censored, its not like it really shows anything, this is late night television, some shows so sex scenes all the time, just not as explicit as they would in a movie.

Levyne

Banned
I've only watched the first 12 episodes, but I don't remember much of anything that would need to be censored outside of
Maybe a little to tone some of the violence down, but really censors in our country care way more about nudity than violence.

Um. The only episode I've seen is 10, I believe that's the part in question, haha.

Moaradin

There is a difference between a girl getting chained up and having her face licked and the
main character physically raping one of the female leads

That's not all that happened. The dude tore off all her clothes and was physically fondling her. A little more than tear licking.

They aired the FMA movie

daveo42

Banned
Um. The only episode I've seen is 10, I believe that's the part in question, haha.

I remember the episode, but not what would need to be censored there. It's been a while since I've seen it and really need to go back and finish watching the series.

They aired the FMA movie

That takes places before the outbreak of WWII and they end up stopping Hitler in the process.
I haven't watched any of the other movies though and aren't sure which ones actually have aired on Toonami.

Edit: I thought there was another movie in the '03 storyline, but there isn't.

foxuzamaki

There is a difference between a girl getting chained up and having her face licked and the
main character physically raping one of the female leads
That scene isnt really that bad, the act of sex itself(though its rape) is far from enough from getting it censored, its not like it really shows anything, this is late night television, some shows so sex scenes all the time, just not as explicit as they would in a movie.

Has Adult Swim/Toonami aired a show where a character got raped on screen? Not just physically abused but flat out raped?

That is going to take some noodling. Toonami I'd say no, but Adult Swim has had some fucked up shit on.

I can't recall anything straight off but if I had to guess a show it'd appear on, it'd be something like Metalocalypse or that one short show I saw awhile back with a very innocent looking brutally evil dog. If it did happen, I doubt it was even like a full on hentai graphic scene either. It was probably someone like Doctor Venture getting "comically" anally raped by a gorilla or something along those lines. Even for Adult Swim, I don't think that is something that you can get away with on that channel.

JCG

There's some pretty messed up stuff in early Black Lagoon S2 that they might have more of an issue with.

foxuzamaki

Man valvrave really killed its good will with season 2 lol
the crazy thing is it had its season 2 like 3 months right after the first season ended, which is rare nowadays. I wish hataraku maou-sama would get its season 2 announced already.

Man valvrave really killed its good will with season 2 lol
the crazy thing is it had its season 2 like 3 months right after the first season ended, which is rare nowadays. I wish hataraku maou-sama would get its season 2 announced already.

The turn around actually was very SAO-like. GAF was on board....then shit went awry lol.

Edit: To be fair too, in Valvrave's case, many went into that knowing it was going to be garbage from the get go. Maybe not in terms of the animation, but we knew the writing/story/everything else was going to be hilariously bad. Season 2 just made people angry.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Thats the only one peice filler i have seen it it was amazing. T
hough i wonder who they got to voice Minoru suzuki( a wrestler for New japan Pro wrestling), who is one of the commentators

selling a whole set of filler seems like madness to me

Finally got around to watching the
Chopperman special. Minoru is played by one of Funimation's bit actors, Paul Giovanni Ramirez. His ANN profile is tiny.

Overall I enjoyed majestic prince more than valvrave, characters are far more likable.

S1 of valvrave was better then the first half of MJP. The second half of MJP redeems the first half and makes the show overall awesome while VVV s2 botches it and ruins what could have been a classic series.

Watch it be Fairy Tale.

That would require some funky schedule changes to allow Dandy S2 to premier when it's supposed to. I'm pretty sure Fairy Tail will replace Bleach unless they go for a more obscure Viz dub like Nura Rise of the Yokai.

Seda

Since Gucci isn't here:

For its entire week in Total Day (9 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 5 percent in total viewership (1.194 million vs. 1.260 million) and down 6 percent in viewers Adults 18-49 (686,000 vs. 731,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 12 percent in total viewership (1.194 million vs. 1.358 million) and down 10 percent in viewers Adults 18-49 (686,000 vs. 759,000) from the same week one year ago (Feb. 11-17, 2013).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2014

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.370
12:00AM Bleach 0.8 HH, 1.071
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.7 HH, 1.043
1:00AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 947,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.6 HH, 840,000
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.6 HH, 840,000
2:30AM Naruto 0.5 HH, 650,000
3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.4 HH, 540,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 540,000
4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.4 HH, 501,000 viewers
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 437,000