• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

The "power hour" of Bleach and Shippuden has led to me falling asleep and missing One Piece and Soul Eater 3 of the last 4 weeks. I began SETTING AN ALARM so I wouldn't miss SAO after the first time it happened. If Dandy wasn't early, I would have no problem just thinking Toonami started at 1- it would probably be better for my social life! But with a Dandy being early, I'm obligated to be home and watch it, which leads to the death hour.

Selfishly, I hope when Dandy ends Toonami goes back to starting at midnight. It would fix my problem!

daveo42

Banned
Bleach and Naruto are part of Toonami's Shounen Power(nap) Hour. It doesn't help that both are poorly paced and one is in the middle of filler hell. I'd love to see both slide back behind One Piece in the schedule. As goofy as OP can be, I think it'd do a much better job at an earlier timeslot.

The "power hour" of Bleach and Shippuden has led to me falling asleep and missing One Piece and Soul Eater 3 of the last 4 weeks. I began SETTING AN ALARM so I wouldn't miss SAO after the first time it happened. If Dandy wasn't early, I would have no problem just thinking Toonami started at 1- it would probably be better for my social life! But with a Dandy being early, I'm obligated to be home and watch it, which leads to the death hour.

Selfishly, I hope when Dandy ends Toonami goes back to starting at midnight. It would fix my problem!

I had this happen last week as well. I was way too tired after Shippuden to go onwards. It really bummed me out the rest of the weekend because of it.

Shippuden I actually enjoy despite its really slow pace. Right now it is just dragging on though. Bleach is just insufferable. I usually just walk away from the TV when it's on.

bigkrev

Bleach and Shippuden getting the highest ratings just proves what I've known all along: people are crazy

Well, there is an audience for it. Bleach and Shippuden getting 1 million viewers each is far less offensive than, say, The Big Bang Theory getting over 14 million viewers on average for first run episodes.

Another solution to the problem (for me, at least), would be after Dandy ends moving Bleach to 11:30 and Shippuden to 12:00. Or, putting on a show I don't care about at 11:30 would also work- basically, if I have to start watching before the power hour, it's a problem, but if I only need to start watching the block after that hour, it's probably an improvement.

Jintor

That also proves people are crazy.

You can prove people are crazy by a lot of metrics. SAO being popular, Big Bang Theory being popular, the entire system of democracy...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That also proves people are crazy.

You can prove people are crazy by a lot of metrics. SAO being popular, Big Bang Theory being popular, the entire system of democracy...

Facebook paying $16,000,000,000 for a chat app...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
lords of shadows has to be the slowest high budget character action game ive ever seen, its alot like GOW but I think even GOW seems to have better pacing then it and GOW is pretty slow for a hack n' slash character action game.

lords of shadows has to be the slowest high budget character action game ive ever seen, its alot like GOW but I think even GOW seems to have better pacing then it and GOW is pretty slow for a hack n' slash character action game.

Anybody who makes a Character Action game at 30 FPS should not be making games.

Facebook paying $16,000,000,000 for data when they're already the world's largest datastore...

They need things like Instagram and WhatsApp to keep themselves relevant to a younger audience. There was a good article about this the other day (I don't remember where I read it, sadly) about how teens and those in their early 20s aren't using FB because they don't want the permanence of a status update or photos of a night out on town because employers know to check there now, but they still want to share things with friends.

There's also the fact Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa are on FB now, which means it's instantly uncool.

So FB gets access to a userbase that isn't using FB, while putting a competitor under their roof but probably leaving them mostly alone to continue doing their thing.

That said, I still think a lot of this stuff is highly overvalued because people's tastes are so fickle.

I know its huge and all but I wouldn't really understand why Toonami would get AoT. I'm pretty sure anyone who would want to watch AoT has already watched AoT by now. Anecdotal and whatnot but anyone remotely interested in anime has probably watched it right now.

Maybe I just want to save people from spending 13 hours of their life watching the show on Toonami when they could read the infinitely superior manga.

Levyne

Banned
I know its huge and all but I wouldn't really understand why Toonami would get AoT. I'm pretty sure anyone who would want to watch AoT has already watched AoT by now. Anecdotal and whatnot but anyone remotely interested in anime has probably watched it right now.

Maybe I just want to save people from spending 13 hours of their life watching the show on Toonami when they could read the infinitely superior manga.

I think you underestimate how many people simply do not watch subbed anime.

Raxus

AoT is one of the biggest anime's to come out of Japan in years. The dub is going to be a huge deal and it is an adult action anime that is a shoe in for Toonami when they have an open slot for it. Not to mention the dub will probably start releasing DVD's to coincide with the Toonami premiere.

The only reason I can see it not coming to Toonami is because of money issues and even then I find both parties coming to an agreement since it promotes DVD sales.

In short, SAO came over and was successful at a later slot so why wouldn't AoT, which is much better recieved, not get the same treatment if not much much better.

Levyne

Banned
I'm not confident at all ever about getting full openings. Even for the lead in show. Jason said the lead in would always have it, and then he said they were working on getting Dandy's opening and we see how that has turned out...

Moaradin

I'm not confident at all ever about getting full openings. Even for the lead in show. Jason said the lead in would always have it, and then he said they were working on getting Dandy's opening and we see how that has turned out...

Hopefully we'll finally get it this week when the lineup is being changed.

Going by previous examples it will be butchered to hell and back.

I would be surprised if AoT didn't open the block if/when it comes to Toonami.

Levyne

Banned
Think it's already been established that "opens the block = full opening" is more of a desire than a claim. I dunno how to word it well. It's probably something Jason would love to have implemented, something that would be awesome if it were possible to guarantee, but it is simply not possible to guarantee. It's more just "wouldn't it be nice if..."

Think it's already been established that "opens the block = full opening" is more of a desire than a claim. I dunno how to word it well. It's probably something Jason would love to have implemented, something that would be awesome if it were possible to guarantee, but it is simply not possible to guarantee. It's more just "wouldn't it be nice if..."

I doubt they would've put a "Toonami open" on Bleach AND Shippuden if they didn't expect to have Dandy's full open - I mean, they didn't even mention Bleach might get one when they asked about Shippuden.

Looks like there's something out of their hands that's preventing them getting that full Dandy.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
What if they want it to be a cinematic action game :kappa

Thats actually the problem, it wants to be cinematic, if you notice with platinum games, the backgrounds in their games, while arent bad, usually arent super detailed and all that junk for the sake of gameplay but in this game, on like the 4th level, the game designers literally take that level to show you how beautiful it looks and the entire level is devoid of enemies, its a very pretty game and it tries to show it off in your face as much as possible.

Levyne

Banned
I doubt they would've put a "Toonami open" on Bleach AND Shippuden if they didn't expect to have Dandy's full open - I mean, they didn't even mention Bleach might get one when they asked about Shippuden.

Looks like there's something out of their hands that's preventing them getting that full Dandy.

I understand what you mean, but I tried to incorporate this into my point. Sorry if I was unclear. They can plan for something to get a full opening, even make steps to prepare for it, but not being able to control whether they actually are able to simply weakens that "guarantee" that they will.

With all of this being said, I hope that they are able to more consistently follow up on the promise of full 1st show opening, and maybe we can even see Dandy's full opening at least once. That would be cool.

I understand what you mean, but I tried to incorporate this into my point. Sorry if I was unclear. They can plan for something to get a full opening, even make steps to prepare for it, but not being able to control whether they actually are able to simply weakens that "guarantee" that they will.

With all of this being said, I hope that they are able to more consistently follow up on the promise of full 1st show opening, and maybe we can even see Dandy's full opening at least once. That would be cool.

Reading the original post, yeah, we're basically saying the same thing. No need to apologize!

LOLDSFAN

Nope. Ever since Toonami started airing again I've deliberately stopped watched shows that I have felt might make it to the block.

Funnily enough Sword Art Online was one of those.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I didn't watch Attack on Titan, I did read the manga though so I know what happens (and beyond). But I do look forward to seeing it dubbed on Toonami (if it happens, and it most likely will)

by the way:

11:00PM Boondocks 1.353 million viewers
11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.370 million viewers

Holy crap!

by the way:

11:00PM Boondocks 1.353 million viewers
11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.370 million viewers

Yep they need to keep that slot and give it to AoT

Also Crush by that logic why does Toonami show Bleach/Naruto/Shippuden/OnePiece/SAO after all they're really popular and anyone who wanted to see it would have watched it by now...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I finished Wednesday's Naruto Filler Theater with time to spare but I'm holding off on posting it until we reach the next page so I need to create some false controversy to get a few more posts.

SAO is the pinnacle of shows, anime or not, on Cartoon Network.

or

Hot Pockets are gross.

or

Inuyasha is prettier, smarter and better in a fight than Lord Sesshomaru.

DISCUSS.

MikeMyers

Inuyasha is prettier, smarter and better in a fight than Lord Sesshomaru.

DISCUSS.

tumblr_mvfod5ZgZP1sr0kmzo1_500.gif

I wonder if that GIF is from a filler that you will cross paths with, or a Shippuden filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom