• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
idhJ71CQ9SFZX.gif
Really gotten a lot of mileage out of this one, huh?

bigkrev

Combo breaker

How popular is female ufc exactly?

Female fighting not so much, but Ronda herself is a huge draw. With the DOOM of Anderson Silva and the hiatus of George St Pierre (and years of top draws like Brock Lesnar, Forrest Griffin, Rampage Jackson all retiring or leaving), she is up with Jon Jones and Cain Valazquez as the top draws in the company. It also helps that the storyline of the fight is her (Olympic Bronze medalist in Judo) vs Sara McMann (Olympic Silver medalist in Wrestling), in the middle of the Olympics.

There's more plot and backstory to it

I know your joking, but with her, there actually is. Until her last fight, she had never had a fight go beyond the first round, and she has won every fight via Armbar submission. Her last 2 fights have also had stories- the Liz Carmouche fight was not only the first Womens main event, but Liz is an openly gay former Marine with multiple tours of the middle east, and her fight vs Meisha Tate had massive trash talking between the two of them, which culminated with Rousey REFUSING TO SHAKE HER HAND AFTER THE FIGHT, which lead to the crowd turning on her. And this time, there is the olympic medalist vs olympic medalist angle to the fight.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Don't worry guys 2015 will be the year of sao s2 on Toonami and balance will be restored

11:30 slot will forever be the Funimation Premier slot
2:00 slot will forever be the Aniplex Slot
1:30 will forever be the older Funimation premier slot.

gg no re.

Raxus

Not gonna lie, I'd watch a Final Act of Bleach...

You're not alone. Most of the final saga has been good to ok. The pacing is still atrocious at times but now they don't have to worry about 1:1 pacing they can do a 26 episode season rather easily. Assuming they can secure a budget.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Are they really any different from half the arracar arc shenanigans?

The Arrancar arc had characters that were cool and memorable. None of the Quincies are memorable. At All. They all suck. Also there is no buildup and release in the Quincy Arc. It's a series of "shit's happening yo" which is pure crap.

They make the GOAT character look bad a lot of the time

Which character is that? Lol

The Arrancar arc had characters that were cool and memorable. None of the Quincies are memorable. At All. They all suck. Also there is no buildup and release in the Quincy Arc. It's a series of "shit's happening yo" which is pure crap.

Wait you thought most of the arracar were cool? The fear and the luchadore were far better then any areacar minus uqlorria

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Is it really censorship? I would call it economic punishment.

They are being punished for airing "obscene" material and the threat of further fines exist if they continue to air said material. I have not forgotten what happened ten years ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fire guy who fought ice tard

Oh, that shitty guy? He was boring.

There are way too many bad guys so we can't connect with any of them on a personal level. A good bad guy will be creepy and evil, but there will also be levels. There's not much difference between a good bad guy and a good good guy. We have no way of forming a personal connection with any of these guys so I can't say I care about any of them. Just looking cool has never really been enough for me to care about a character.

They are being punished for airing "obscene" material and the threat of further fines exist if they continue to air said material. I have not forgotten what happened ten years ago.

You mean the superbowl titty? That was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom