• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodland

how could soul eater become this

the talent is still there, the great animation, the soundtrack, but the writing's fallen off a cliff

The manga wasn't anywhere near done when the anime was, so the first half of the anime had something to base it off of while the second half went its own direction, presumably with input of the manga writer.

It's almost universally agreed that Soul Eater's ending is SHIT. Manga's not much better either, he didn't leave himself enough time to write a good one, or maybe it got cut off I forget.

Flareon gets Flare Blitz now I think.

Flare Blitz hurts him and he's got a hilariously low hp stat and is weak to stealth rocks, at best he can revenge kill then die from another revenge kill. Unless your opponent doesn't use stealth rocks and even then Flareon is only going to get 2-3 flare blitz at best before he dies.

Moaradin

The manga wasn't anywhere near done when the anime was, so the first half of the anime had something to base it off of while the second half went its own direction, presumably with input of the manga writer.

It's almost universally agreed that Soul Eater's ending is SHIT. Manga's not much better either, he didn't leave himself enough time to write a good one, or maybe it got cut off I forget.

I thought the manga's ending was fine. It's a lot better than the anime one.

speaking of Soul Eater, nice avater foxuzamaki :p

MikeMyers

Flare Blitz hurts him and he's got a hilariously low hp stat and is weak to stealth rocks, at best he can revenge kill then die from another revenge kill. Unless your opponent doesn't use stealth rocks and even then Flareon is only going to get 2-3 flare blitz at best before he dies.

Glaceon is weak to SR too, not to mention Ice is an even shitter defensive type than Fire.

Flareon would do even worse in double/triple battles, maybe in rotation battles it'd do well but flare blitz still does 1/3 of the damage you deal as recoil damage so he's not going to live long

well yea, flareon sucks completely, but mention of stealth rocks made me think single battles and looool no

I used vaporeon for my first team this gen and its been great , I need to make a new team though. also I personally liked Soul Eaters Manga end , a lot more than I am liking this Anime end game (and everything that's led up to it) .

I don't see SR or much entry hazards used much at all in doubles, way more variety and way easier for someone to fuck you over while you try to set up entry hazards (also less incentive to switch when most doubles start with half your team out anyways competitively) . Also there is a lot more stuff to want to set up in doubles than just going for entry hazards, so it's far less of a factor.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh Aramaki, get some bro. Just one day off dude, just take one day off to tap dat ass.

I don't see SR or much entry hazards used much at all in doubles, way more variety and way easier for someone to fuck you over while you try to set up entry hazards (also less incentive to switch when most doubles start with half your team out anyways competitively) . Also there is a lot more stuff to want to set up in doubles than just going for entry hazards, so it's far less of a factor.

Yup, better off setting up weather, trick room, gravity, tailwind or something like that.

Crocodile

Oh snap, Araki has a shot? How much older is he than her?

Nissin Big Cup of Noodles

Didn't realize they had a "BIG" version of Cup Noodles. I haven't eaten instant ramen in forever though. I gotta say, those wide noodles don't look appetizing to me at all. It feels like this product is trying to be something its not :/ Stick to what you know Cup Noodles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom