• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Playing Persona 2 has dramatically reduced my anticipation for P5, because I'd rather the series be more like that but I guess that's a thing of the past. PQ was in some ways like the first which was neat.

The style is interesting and looks like they are changing things up a little anyway (they needed to). It's definitely refreshing to see the Persona style with new characters finally. Guns seem to be back too, which is cool.

daveo42

Banned
It's going to be more P3/P4 level watered down dating sim. At least it looks cool.

P5 looks more like a departure from 3/4 than more of the same. I welcome this change.

Playing Persona 2 has dramatically reduced my anticipation for P5, because I'd rather the series be more like that but I guess that's a thing of the past. PQ was in some ways like the first which was neat.

The style is interesting and looks like they are changing things up a little anyway (they needed to). It's definitely refreshing to see the Persona style with new characters finally. Guns seem to be back too, which is cool.

I need to get around to playing Persona 1/2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
P5 looks more like a departure from 3/4 than more of the same. I welcome this change.

I need to get around to playing Persona 1/2.

No it looks a lot like 3 and 4.

You do need to play the two P2 games. One is actually pretty skippable.

bigkrev

ngDvoLH.png

God P5 is going to be so good

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, I'm really feeling this new project. Remembered I promised to baby sit next week though so if I want to do it daily I'll have to either blow three away or get creative, or delay it a week.

Soulflarz

Banned
Persona 5 has too much style to fail >.>

Jokes aside, I'm trying to think of a game with a style that caught my attention so strongly since this. The reds/black are just amazing. Since I only love red like that when it's mixed with black, and the style is done just so well.

Jarate

Banned
Persona is really good if you like self insert games. The menus are also some of the best designed in the industry and the style oozes out of the game. The combat mechanics are good enough to push you through, but it really is just a self insert fantasy.

I'm generally not that much of a fan 3 and 4 which are the only ones I've played, but Id rather play other jrpgs

Plus, people should be getting hype for DBZ Xenoverse which allows you to put your on OC in! GOTY

The pacing shift between Kill la Kill, Shippuden, and Final Act will be a killer.

Like one of those roller coasters where they launch you at high speeds then stop suddenly then launch you even faster.

Persona 3 FES was a good game but it didn't make me a big fan of the series. Persona 4/Golden I've fallen in love with and am super hyped for Persona 5. That trailer was amazing!

Edit: I've also see the argument that the persona series mirrors the JoJo series in terms of how the story plays out and how the powers work.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We should get Persona 4 The Animation so Atlus can be all "HERE, HAVE SOME MONEY, NOW PROMOTE PERSONA 4 & 5 FOR US!" & then we get reviews of P4G, P4AU, then P4 DAN.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, that's not canon. But I GUEESSSS if they needed 4 weeks of reviews, they could review it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1. PQ is sort of canon. A bit less than the fighting game but since it hits the magic reset button it sort of doesn't matter.

2. Everything on TOONAMI is canon. They don't skip so-called "filler".

Okay, so I've never been into Persona, but the Persona 5 trailer has me interested.

Where do I start with this series?

Start with Persona 3 (either the FES version on PS2/PS3 or Persona 3 Portable on PSP/Vita) and then start Persona 4 (get P4 Golden on Vita). If you want more you can also go back to the first Persona game on PSP (which involves grid based combat and takes most of its ques from Shin Megami Tensei) and then go on to Persona 2 (Persona 2 is 2 games split up. The first one, Innocent Sin, you can get on PSP/Vita, while the second one, Eternal Punishment, is only available on the PS1 via PSN).

Start with Persona 3 (either the FES version on PS2/PS3 or Persona 3 Portable on PSP/Vita) and then start Persona 4 (get P4 Golden on Vita). If you want more you can also go back to the first Persona game (which involves grid based combat and takes most of its ques from Shin Megami Tensei) and then go on to Persona 2 (Persona 2 is 2 games split up. The first one, Innocent Sin, you can get on PSP/Vita, while the second one, Eternal Punishment, is only available on the PS1).

Eternal Punishment is on psn though?

http://kotaku.com/5987178/persona-2-eternal-punishment-is-out-on-psn-today

Start with Persona 3 (either the FES version on PS2/PS3 or Persona 3 Portable on PSP/Vita) and then start Persona 4 (get P4 Golden on Vita). If you want more you can also go back to the first Persona game (which involves grid based combat and takes most of its ques from Shin Megami Tensei) and then go on to Persona 2 (Persona 2 is 2 games split up. The first one, Innocent Sin, you can get on PSP/Vita, while the second one, Eternal Punishment, is only available on the PS1).
Dammit baka shinji! Eternal Punishment is also available on PSP/PS Vita through the PS1 Classics line.

Start with Persona 3 (either the FES version on PS2/PS3 or Persona 3 Portable on PSP/Vita) and then start Persona 4 (get P4 Golden on Vita). If you want more you can also go back to the first Persona game (which involves grid based combat and takes most of its ques from Shin Megami Tensei) and then go on to Persona 2 (Persona 2 is 2 games split up. The first one, Innocent Sin, you can get on PSP/Vita, while the second one, Eternal Punishment, is only available on the PS1 via PSN).

So P3 is a good entry point? I thought the games were mostly stand-alone.

bigkrev

Okay, so I've never been into Persona, but the Persona 5 trailer has me interested.

Where do I start with this series?

Buy a Vita, and wait for a sale on the whole franchise (there is one seemingly ever 6 weeks or so).

The PSP version of 3 and the Vita version of 4 are the best ways to play the games. P3P takes refinements from Persona 4 and adds them to the game, and P4G takes refinements from P3P and adds them to the game.

I started with persona 3 fes it or p3 portable is a great entry point so you can see how the current generation of persona games play. The bit of p1 I tried reminded me of the bit of SMT 1 I tried fun old school dungeon crawler but not a good indicator of what the series currently is

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I started with persona 3 fes it or p3 portable is a great entry point so you can see how the current generation of persona games play. The bit of p1 I tried reminded me of the bit of SMT 1 I tried fun old school dungeon crawler but not a good indicator of what the series currently is

P1 also has wretched dungeons. SMT 1 at least has some fun ones. The series peaks with the two P2 games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Doesn't necessarily say the Anime itself, but Viz Media was named Master Merchandise Licensee for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in North America.

Could be interesting to see where this goes, if anywhere. I sure know I'd love to watch Jojo on Toonami.
Considering they have the manga rights, I'm sure this'll refer to them having the anime rights as well. I wonder about gaming rights since Namco seems to have the Jojo (& Naruto...& One Piece......& DBZ) rights when it comes to making/publishing those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom