• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Attack on Titan really was suffocation.

Who know rerunning a show that has next-to-no rewatch value would destroy ratings.
They should have lead with Space Dandy. That has plenty of rewatch value.

Shows on repeat should never lead the block as it tends to harm ratings more as a lead in than help. Premieres should always start the block to get more viewers in early.

11:30: DRAGON BALL Z KAI 1513
12:00: NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN 1242
12:30: INUYASHA: THE FINAL ACT 1116
1:00: ONE PIECE 887
(Gurren Lagann)
2:00: DEADMAN WONDERLAND 740

poor gurren

Ugh that drop for One Piece and the lack of ratings for TTGL.

Honestly, Gurren Lagann could've had anywhere between the numbers of the shows before and after. It's just that the list we're working on lists the top 100 by 18-49 share and it didn't make THAT list.

daveo42

Banned
Honestly, Gurren Lagann could've had anywhere between the numbers of the shows before and after. It's just that the list we're working on lists the top 100 by 18-49 share and it didn't make THAT list.

Most of the shows on the block perform well in that age group and for it not to make top 100 while Deadman did is disappointing. It might have higher overall ratings, but people outside of that age group (especially 18-34) don't sit as well with advertisers. We don't have to worry about it getting cut since the show is almost over, but I'm sure the recent lull in action hasn't helped with the ratings.

Shows on repeat should never lead the block as it tends to harm ratings more as a lead in than help. Premieres should always start the block to get more viewers in early.

To be fair, I think they probably still viewed midnight as their anchor. Bleach had been there forever and viewers adapted viewing habits around that, and even when the block expanded they didn't move it despite the fact that it was still probably their biggest show.

It blew up in their face, but I can see the train of thought.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oooh, I've got two recap projects in mind that I'll actually follow through with now that I have more free time. I think I'll start Friday.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
To be fair, I think they probably still viewed midnight as their anchor. Bleach had been there forever and viewers adapted viewing habits around that, and even when the block expanded they didn't move it despite the fact that it was still probably their biggest show.

It blew up in their face, but I can see the train of thought.

The biggest issue with not having DBZ Kai at 11:30 PM was that during the month of movies, DBZ Kai went on hiatus a month after debuting.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
2015 is Year of the JRPG
Persona 5
Final Fantasy XV
Tales of Zesteria
Bloodborne (it's an RPG made in Japan, it counts).

BBboy20

AhN9Rzk.png

4296384-2997027376-tumbl.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I want a PS4 so damn badly now for all these games getting an upgrade from their PS3 version. Damn this limited college budget....

Crocodile

So I'm kind of a Persona neophyte. Personas are basically Stands right? They even use the Tarot naming scheme of Stardust Crusaders no?

Jintor

Kind of? I can't recall if Stands reflect an alternate side of the user's own personality or not. That's not really elaborated on in a significant manner really but it's the main point of difference.

Well that and Persona Users themselves generally don't do a lot of combat necessarily. (Except for all out attacks and normal attacks I guess)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's also the fact that you can gain more Persona either at random after battle or by combining them. I GUESS one could say they're sort of like Stands, as they're part of a person to which they summon at will. Better comparison than Pokemon, at least.

Also damn it, if I didn't already have an avatar ready for tomorrow, I totally would've made a Persona 5 one based on the blonde dude's portrait during an all-out attack.

If you have a Crunchyroll premium account all of the Manga is free now. They are current with the GTO sequel releases and the app is pretty good.
Also if anyone wants one of those free passes I have some that I can give away.

bigkrev

That's likely going to happen.
Atlus released SMTIV 3 months after Japan.
Persona is a way bigger franchise so it will likely be the same.

They still haven't actually dated it for Japan. I'm slightly releaved that we knew basically nothing about Dancing All Night till today (and that got dated for June), but I still want a date for this.

daveo42

Banned
PERSONAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

They still haven't actually dated it for Japan. I'm slightly releaved that we knew basically nothing about Dancing All Night till today (and that got dated for June), but I still want a date for this.

Supposedly Sony is helping a ton with the game and aiming to get it out stateside in 2015 based on Boyes' comment from PSX about the game. Might be damn near close to simultaneous release worldwide. I just need this game to come out now...

ckohler

That Persona 5 trailer exceeded all my expectations and quelled any fears I had for the game. I'm beyond hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom