• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i may be so blunt

why do you care so much about openings/endings?

People care because they enjoy getting hyped for a show based upon the music and animation in the OP/EDs. Full or cut in the end doesn't ruin my enjoyment of any show on Toonami, but when people know ahead of time and can share with us what will/won't be cut I do find it interesting.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I see the full OP just once then I'm usually happy.

8 out of 10 times the music will not appeal to me anyway.
Pretty much. It's rare, but there ARE OPs that can hype up the show and what'll happen within the episode.

But my point still stands I'd still rather get to the show for the most part.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
OPs make more sense in Japan because, rather than an actual commercial you instead get a 1:30 long music video being promoted. In the US. Doesn't make that much sense.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Goku's back from the dead to lay a beat down on Nappa, Satsuki's fed up with Ryuko stomping her scrubs so it's time for the ULTIMATE BATTLE between Matoi Ryuko and Kiryuin Satsuki (wait, for real?), Kakashi begins some special training with Naruto to teach him how to use his natural element (you would think this would have been one of the first things he should have taught him), Team Inuyasha faces off with Kanna and a mirror demon, Team Dai-Gurren prepares to take the battle to the Anti-Spirals iiiiiin spaaaaace while Rossiu seems to have disappeared, Franky and Fukurou take it outside while Zoro comes up with a desperate plan against Kaku and Jabra, and finally Ganta gets mixed up with the group of rebels known as Scar Chain.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 11 - Will Goku Make it in Time?! Three Hours Until the Battle Resumes!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 12 - Farewell, Piccolo! Goku's Furious Counterattack!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 3 - Junketsu
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 55 - Wind
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 11 - Kanna's Gravestone
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 23 - Let's Go, This is the Final Battle
2:30 - One Piece - 289 - Zoro Busts Out a New Technique! The Sword's Name is Sniperking?
3:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 8 - Scar Chain

65405.png

Although, I could be wrong. The free episodes of Bebop on the site have episode previews (as well as the ones in the backdoor), while the footage that aired didn't.

Things can change.

ckohler

BTW, the KLK opening they showed last week wasn't actually supposed to air until episode 4. Episode 2 and 3 have a slightly different opening that doesn't reveal as much.

Line_HTX

Sup y'all? It's been a long while. I was like a lot of people who said stuff and got the hammer because my emotions got the better of me. I didn't realize Lazybones was canned too at the time, but I felt betrayed and pissed when the brawl started after the dumbest play call in history. I was wrong and deserved it.

Now, I believe I owe my reactions of all the things I missed and then some.

Inuyasha Final Act 07

Playing on jealousy and smack talking. I almost thought Kagome and Kikyo were going to get into a fight. This bow is heavy OMG, but I know things about Inuyasha that you don't know either! HA! Now this bow is lighter. Damn, this was all an illusion of my jealousy? I'm falling down through the fog of doubt~

Final Act 08

You hear me? I will not allow myself to die in your FILTHY arms!
No, Koga, don't go in there! IT'S A TRAP! He doesn't have the jewel!
My power isn't strong enough to locate it.
The arrow hits Kikyo's chest and bounces back up towards Naraku. What....
I've won. Heheheheh... Ha HAHAHAHAHAHA AHH HAHAHAHAHA
I totally forgot about Kaede. It's like she doesn't do much anymore... =/
crying-goodbye-smiley-emoticon.gif

That final kiss is so heartwrenching.
And so, Kikyo is now an ordinary woman who goes to the North Star. The North Star will protect them forever.
Damn, this really is permadeath this time... Fuck.

Final Act 09

Inukimi is one fine mother, dayum. How come she got a crescent moon on her forehead? Looked like Sailor Moon or something.
That Underworld guardian was a total pushover.
I think this is the first time I see Sesshormaru expressing emotion lol.
Inukimi looks like she's still irked at the father going for a human to spawn Inuyasha...
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Understand sorrow and fear to make Tenseiga stronger.
Ehh, I knew Rin would come back, though I kind of thought that explanation was lame. BUT if that stone was the last out to revive her a 2nd time, this better be the last time.
Now Inukimi is jealous of fussing over a human girl, LOL.

Final Act 10

Damn, this episode was dumb. It's been so long since I remembered one of those lame demon episodes. Oh, now Kanna has ability stealing techniques eh? This next one better be well worth it.

Gurren Lagann 21 & 22

The ever increasing hype. This is how I remember this 2nd half years ago. I love this damn show! I'll admit the dumbest part that I had to take at its word is the FACE MOON and COMBINING WITH THE MOON. This and the rest of the way will be the best thing EVER! If I remember correctly, everything will be very critical. Please do not ruin it for other people who've never seen it. NO SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT FORWARD!!!

Stupid Song la Stupid Song 01 & 02

That track would be so much better if it was just instrumental only. I'm sorry, I just dislike it and it doesn't help that it's spammed everywhere.

That being said, while I had my complaints about the show prior and I despise all the hype surrounding it, I'll say that it's not too bad. I'll stick around and properly watch it so that I can have more legit complaints. So far the only character that's making me stick with the show is Gamagori, because I half expected him to yell out WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION etc, etc. Satsuki is kind of cool I guess. Christine Marie Cabanos kills it with Mako. She's hilarious.

HUMMINGBIRD

What the fuck... I thought I was getting played by Metatron and others, but wow... I have no words... I have it saved via On Demand so I can watch it again and look at the captions again. I'll probably give a more coherent reaction after that. That was all kinds of fucked up. I'll have to look at that original thread to see everyone's else's reaction too.

Wretched Egg

More mysteries. The hell is going on here? At least there's a new gang to keep it interesting. Hope that dude gets what's coming to him, and that lawyer too.

Dayum, Madam G is PISSED. Sliced that table in half like it came from Costco. Need more screentime with her.

Miscellaneous

Slowpoke here. Am I a bad person for wanting to see Dub Art Online II? I just want to see this thread blow up at the end of March. :p
Aldnoah Zero and Cross Ange need to be localized and shown on Toonami ASAP. It's good mecha.
SMOrc

Yeah, I think I'm all caught up now. I'll be back later tonight for a proper, real-time reaction on all the things. I think I'm back to a normal posting routine now. I'll try not to get hammered again. :)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Random wonderings: why does Aniplex think SAO 2 is airing at 1AM? It wouldn't be the first time things changed and they were wrong (they originally announced Kill La Kill at 11:30), but it's still a bit odd. An 1AM airing would mean Naruto's getting pushed back, which I can't really see happening.

Random wonderings: why does Aniplex think SAO 2 is airing at 1AM? It wouldn't be the first time things changed and they were wrong (they originally announced Kill La Kill at 11:30), but it's still a bit odd. An 1AM airing would mean Naruto's getting pushed back, which I can't really see happening.

well, they announced Kill la Kill before Toonami was shortened, and from what DeMarco has said the shortening was a very sudden thing. so i imagine it was originally supposed to air at 11:30.

Crocodile

how come there are so many big time skips in anime?

Is this something that is more prevalent in anime than in other entertainment media? It never seemed that way to me. To be honest, I feel more IPs could use good time skips. I don't think a lot of other properties have done what Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has done and I don't know why. If feels like a lot of IPs lose steam and could use the shot in the arm (and the chances to introduce new casts & settings) that a well executed time skip can bring.

Is this something that is more prevalent in anime than in other entertainment media? It never seemed that way to me. To be honest, I feel more IPs could use good time skips. I don't think a lot of other properties have done what Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has done and I don't know why. If feels like a lot of IPs lose steam and could use the shot in the arm (and the chances to introduce new casts & settings) that a well executed time skip can bring.

I think time skips are more noticeable in anime/manga because the series are drawn and you have to either slowly change your main characters appearance over time or time skip if you want to make them look older/alter their appearance. In movies/tv shows time skips happen all the time between seasons/films more because it takes time to film and edit them but the stories generally don't bring focus to them. Obviously this isn't true of all cases but I do find that generally to be the case.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AS really dropped the ball if they don't have a promo anywhere in the vicinity of earlier DBZ
Seriously. I was expecting a Toonami commercial right as the commercial break began. How do you air last week's episode but not promote A NEW EPISODE IN A FEW EPISODES.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
CN won't advertise AS shows. Is 8 on Saturday AS? (It looks to be given what is on next)

Toonami is in fact advertised frequently during AS.
Yup, it said "Adult Swim" in the corner. Plus Rick & Morty is next.

No Toonami promo. Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom