• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I've only ever played one DBZ fighting game and only for a few minutes. I guess it was cool, but I never really got the appeal of it outside of "Hey, you can do DBZ fights now". Then again I'm not a big fan of or will go out of my way to play a fighting game either.

LOLDSFAN

Wow this thread sure flew today. Something must have happened.

*reads mightynine's summary*

Lol I'll keep the "block full of premiers" in mind when programming gets the wise idea of filling the block with re-runs again.

*remembers how every single time I'd back for the show after Shippuden, everyone complains about how it sucked, it was stupidly slow, & they didn't like it*

Nah.

I try to keep it fun and positive during Shippuden for that reason.
Also I like the show anyway so that helps. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO NON CANON RECAP THEATER

As we all know Shippuden has had a rough beginning on TOONAMI. Oh sure, not ratings wise, it's doing pretty ok there, but they definitely had a lot of pacing issues during what has aired so far, all in a vain attempt to not have any so-called "filler" for the series. It dawned on me last week that Shippuden had finally caught up to two landmarks; one, it finally passed the point in the story where the first episode skipped ahead to and two, it finally made it to its one year mark. Coincidentally the exact number of episodes Naruto Uncut ran on TOONAMI. Many not familiar with the original tale (and a bunch who've just forgotten) wonder why Naruto and Sakura are so desperate to get Sasuke back, and this series is designed to try and answer that very question.
It won't succeed.

TOONAMI is probably never going to cover this material as it is old as dirt and not HD, plus they have about a decade of Naruto Shippuden to get through. Luckily unlike Shippuden the 80 or so episodes I'm about to recap represent some of the best of the shows combined run, with a bit of a lull in the middle. Also I'm proud to announce that sometime around April fools I will REMASTER the Kakashi Mask episode and cover the final Non-Canon™ Arc that I never did during the initial run.

This time I've picked a standard gif size, though there won't be that many posted per episode. I'm also going to archive them better so I don't have to pay imgur a bunch of money.

Now for a quick recap of the first 52 episodes of Naruto.

Fries, Too Much Salt. Naruto is the Number One Hyperactive Knucklehead Ninja. He is going to fail his final exam, but then he learns a forbidden technique (that seemingly everyone in the village knows) and passes it...barely.

JcRvPbI.gif

These three are a team. They go on missions to pick weeds and find cats and shit. One day an old man tricks them into guarding him from REAL ASS NINJAS. The kids win, the bad ninjas die, they name a bridge after Naruto. They come back and suddenly its promotion exam time. The team enters, passes the first round because Naruto is an idiot, get into a fight with a creepy snake man who marks the Sauce as his but passes the second round because of Ninja Info Cards, then it devolves into Street Fighter. Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Temari, Gaara, One Jabroni, Kankuro, Shino, and Neji advance to the final round...which is also a bracketed fighting tournament. Only outdoors, in a few weeks, with lots of spectators. Naruto asks Kakashi to train him...but he'd rather train the Sauce. He does find him Crispin Freeman who does try to teach Naruto something he is lacking, Chakra control. The lesson is going pretty well after some hijnks but Freeman spots a pervert peeping on the women's lockeroom and won't stand by it. The Pervert summons a frog and By God, King! I know that music, It's, it's. Jiraiya!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Loved the movie, show was okay from what I saw. Dunno what the right word for it is but I can see why it didn't resonate with a good chunk of Adult Swim's audience

I feel the season premiere scared off a lot of people. It was waaaaay too on the nose.

Most anticipated game is P5, dawg. I'm finally aware of the series in time to take advantage of all the awesome shit that will be released. Also, I have disposable income so I can buy whatever LEs, CEs and what have you. Dis gon be gud.

Jintor

They probably bet something or something. if Eats died you'd know about it

He demodded himself anyway so that seems unlikely. Plus that was like a week, two weeks ago

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Like, Stumpakow's avatar and EatChildren's tag both say RIP

Or is that just because he got de-modded?
Says he was just online about 7 minutes ago. Guess it's due to the demodding?

Also, I don't see anything different about Stumpokapow's avatar.

Seda

EatChildren requested the demodding. Busy with other things.

Stump's just being silly. edit: His avatar is back to normal now

Jarate

Banned
The mods resigning was the first sign! The revolution has begun and we have to start political factions of the fan communities of gaf

Toonamigaf, remember, in a game of thrones you either win or you die

id even pick you guys over Rock Band Gaf if they were still alive

Moaradin

Birdy the Mighty is a very underrated action show. Toonami audience would probably like it. If you wanna know the little boy in that gif is actually
a terrorist alien

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Birdy would be great.

I'm just worried we're getting Astral Ocean soon. Darker than Black wouldn't be so bad...until it did well and they showed the second season.

Moaradin

Birdy would be great.

I'm just worried we're getting Astral Ocean soon. Darker than Black wouldn't be so bad...until it did well and they showed the second season.

Oh god please don't joke around like that. AO is the worst anime I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.

Moaradin

I've avoided it despite being a huge E7 mark. I've been told by people I trust that it would ruin my year.

Watch if only if you want to ruin your good memories of E7. It's a damn shame too. It has a good dub and the show looks pretty damn good. The writing is just godawful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom