• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kz3Cfe8.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This was the episode that made me realize Rick and Morty is a truly great show.

BatDan

then Rixty Minutes in three weeks!

Hey Jon, it's me Gazorpazorpfield. Boy, fuck you Jon you fucking dumb, stupid, idiot.
Come on Gazorpazropfield, go easy on me huh?
You dumb, stupid, weak, patehtic, white uh umm... guilt, white guilt, milquetoast piece of human garbage.
Jeez Gazorpazropfield, you're pretty mean to me but that takes the case.
I don't give a fuck! I'm Gazorpazorp-fucking-field bitch! Now give me my fucking enchiladas *starts cracking up*

Raxus

That's the greatest thing about Rixty minutes. You can hear the writers cracking up as they read their improvised lines.

Don Pardo: It's "Saturday Night Live"! Starring a piece of toast, two guys with handlebar mustaches, a man painted silver who makes robot noises, Garmanarar, three s- eh- bl- um- uh- uh- uh- I'll get back to that one, a hole in the wall where the men can see it all, and returning for his twenty-fifth consecutive year, Bobby Moynihan!

Rick: Interesting fun fact: uh, Moynihan and Piece of Toast hate each other. Apparently they've got some real creative differences.

Seda

Finished my Trail in the Sky replay. Kinda wish the game itself wasn't so bare, but the character interactions and world building are some of the best for its genre.

Tonight's block should be pretty decent.

Finished my Trail in the Sky replay. Kinda wish the game itself wasn't so bare, but the character interactions and world building are some of the best for its genre.

Tonight's block should be pretty decent.

Both Trails in the Sky FC and Persona 4 Golden helped to relight a fire in me for classic style jrpgs both thanks to the strenghs of their fantastic characters and story

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BD:FF did that to me last year. My backlog this year also includes Radiant Historia, TotS, and Bowser's Inside Story.

I also went nuts and bought two games I'm pretty sure I'll never like again in P3P and P4G.

I kind of wish I hadn't bought this used copy of P3P for PSP and had opted for a digital copy, then again I didn't know a good deal on a vita would pop up a few weeks later. Maybe I'll just buy it again digital

Seda

BD:FF did that to me last year. My backlog this year also includes Radiant Historia, TotS, and Bowser's Inside Story.

I also went nuts and bought two games I'm pretty sure I'll never like again in P3P and P4G.

I want to replay Devil Survivor 3DS before Record Breaker hits, but as for backlog I want to get to the Suikoden series. Only played 1. Already bought copies of 3,4,5.

And no I'm not going to skip 4.

EDIT: Line up promo

I want to get to the Suikoden series. Only played 1. Already bought copies of 3,4,5.

And no I'm not going to skip 4.

I did the same thing after playing S1 on PSN years ago, I then powered though S2 and S3 and loved them... then I started S4... S5 and ST sit on my shelf saying "PLAY ME YOU FOOL" but S4 is just so bad and I want to keep playing them in order.

Tamanon

Banned
I haven't been paying attention, but shocked Toonami got sliced in half. At least it's still around!

Shame One Piece killed the back half :(

Kinda kidding!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Tien and Chiaotzu take on Nappa (this will probably go well), and then it's time for the much anticipated Toonami debut of KILL la KILL! Matoi Ryuko is a new transfer student at Honnouji Academy, and she is itching for a fight right out of the gate. In fact, she's just about ready to wreck the joint in search of her father's murderer: the wielder of the other half of her own scissor blade. After that we sloooow things down over on Naruto as the arc ends and nothing much happens, then we ramp things back the fuck up again as Sesshomaru...uhh...goes to the underworld, we check in on how Yoko has been faring for the past year before we really up the ante and take the battle to spaaaaaaace, Sanji is faced with his worst possible foe, and finally Deadman Wonderland gets the juices flowing and really puts us in the mood to ****.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 10 - Sit Tight, Chiaotzu! Tien's Screaming Tri-Beam!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 1 - If Only I Had Thorns Like a Thistle...
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 53 - Title
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 9 - Sesshomaru in the Underworld
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 21 - You Are Someone Who Ought to Survive
2:30 - One Piece - 287 - I Won't Kick Even If It Costs Me My Life! Sanji's Chivalry!
3:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 6 - Hummingbird

Tonight on Toonami, Tien and Chiaotzu take on Nappa (this will probably go well), and then it's time for the much anticipated Toonami debut of KILL la KILL! Matoi Ryuko is a new transfer student at Honnouji Academy, and she is itching for a fight right out of the gate. In fact, she's just about ready to wreck the joint in search of her father's murderer: the wielder of the other half of her own scissor blade. After that we sloooow things down over on Naruto as the arc ends and nothing much happens, then we ramp things back the fuck up again as Sesshomaru...uhh...goes to the underworld, we check in on how Yoko has been faring for the past year before we really up the ante and take the battle to spaaaaaaace, Sanji is faced with his worst possible foe, and finally Deadman Wonderland gets the juices flowing and really puts us in the mood to ****.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 10 - Sit Tight, Chiaotzu! Tien's Screaming Tri-Beam!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 1 - If Only I Had Thorns Like a Thistle...
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 53 - Title
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 9 - Sesshomaru in the Underworld
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 21 - You Are Someone Who Ought to Survive
2:30 - One Piece - 287 - I Won't Kick Even If It Costs Me My Life! Sanji's Chivalry!
3:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 6 - Hummingbird

4:30 - Rick and Morty - 5 - Meseeks and Destroy

BatDan

Tonight's Shippuden episode is literally called "Title". Really reaching for the stars there Pierrot.

Raxus

Short synopsis of Kill la Kill:

It is a series about a girl trying to scissor another girl to find out the truth about her dad.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would hope that Family Guy would do shit in the ratings but that is a fool's errand, people like to watch this shit.

BatDan

I imagine we'll have Kill la Kill "experts" on tonight to point out any possible censorship

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzS-p7_kKFeIY3r

zlCfzS-p7_kKFeIY3r

Time for a new megapic! Will add onto this pic with the coming KlaK styff until I run outta room. I wanted to go for an old school anime look for this one, just because... It should be fun to re-imagine these designs in something more nostalgic.

Glad you like it. :D I'll be posting an official production drawing before the episode airs each week.

Cool Beans ^_^ Surprising how hard it is to find such sometimes on your random image search...

Even though I have seen KLK before I'll be interested in hearing any censorship that happens on the Toonami airing from ckohler and anyone else with a far better memory of KLK then I

I honestly can't wait for this. Only got to episode 7 of the subbed release and I want to finish it. Should be interesting to see the dub.

Raxus

Besides little snips here and there there is only a handful of major scenes that may be edited and only one scene that will be cut short. Most of which come in the second half of the series.

Akainu

I mean, I'm not just watching for the fights, but there needs to be a pay off in a high energy fighting shonen

There's either been mountains or piles so far with hardly any in between

I hope I don't get any dedication through light crap from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom