• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
About the title of KILL la KILL:

There is actually kind of a multiple entendre going on here with the title キルラキル.

キル, of course, is the katakana for the English word KILL, but it can also represent a few other words.

切る (キル, kiru) = to cut
着る (キル, kiru) = to wear (as in clothing)
斬る (キル, kiru) = to kill or slice with a blade (this is the word that appears in the title of Akame ga Kill!, for example)

キルラキル is kind of using all of these meanings at once, including the English romanization of the title.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Family Guy reruns somehow bring in ratings
This is the sacrifice we have to make in order to insure Toonami's survival.

Raxus

Man God
Non-Canon Member

In his defense the opening to HxH gets more perplexing as the series goes on as it feels more and more out of place.

You can tryyyyyyyy again! *show ant arc*

My reaction: D:

The best endings come later too.

Moaradin

In his defense the opening to HxH gets more perplexing as the series goes on as it feels more and more out of place.

You can tryyyyyyyy again! *show ant arc*

My reaction: D:

The best endings come later too.

HxH opening is like Smile Bomb for me where I never get tired of it even though that song and the alternative version is the opening for 147 episodes.

Toonami is certainly seeing an energy not seen since November.

Surprise! New premieres tend to do that. Hopefully that's the lesson they got out of all this.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
About the title of KILL la KILL:

There is actually kind of a multiple entendre going on here with the title キルラキル.

キル, of course, is the katakana for the English word KILL, but it can also represent a few other words.

Thanks for that, good to know of such things.

awesome work, sab

Thanks :) Lookin' forward to making some more interesting poses for the rest of the cast as they're introduced. Straight views are trite, but a great way to try and figure out a style...

Might have to get a soda before Toonami starts, was almost falling asleep earlier watching all the alternate versions of the ski trip scene in P4G.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Quick rundown:

Show of hands. Who is going in fresh/have not seen the entire series?

yo

saw the first episode, didn't hate it, didn't love it, just didn't grab me

didn't go back for episode 2

Does anybody actually watch these reruns? In college I would just turn family guy on as background noise while studying or leave it playing while I went to sleep.

Crocodile

I was thinking to mysef that if things go well maybe Toonami can grab the 11:30 sot back but then I tune in to see Family Guy. RIP 11:30 slot forever :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom