• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Oh Terraformars is totally racist. And it's intentionally so, to. You could write off the cockroach designs as an unintenional screw-up by a Japanese guy who has never met a black person in his life, but once you get the specific mannerisms of the cockroaches highly resembling "gangsta" stuff and add to that the fact that the protagonists are mostly superhuman white people, sorry, that shit is racist.

Crocodile

Terraformars artwork is obviously based off of black culture and people, but I don't understand why it's racist or bad. But then again, I never read it before so im not a good talking point on the details of the cockroaches. And ive never been one to venture into threads about race and sex because it's ban bait, and there's also a lot of really shitty posts on both sides and a lot of uninformed people on both sides of the argument usually.

The most racist thing ive ever seen was in manga was Eyeshield 21 wjhen they described how panther is super fast because of his blackness. But even then, it's that weird japanese racism where they have more of an admiration for differences between races that western cultures immediately associate with racism. Japan didn't really go through the issues of social darwinism and other such ideas that plagued american and western history. 4

I will say this, ive never been one to judge a culture so much different then ours, especially one that I dont really know that much about. Japan gets a lot of flak for things that are misrepresented or silly.

I mean if you want to know why its problematic, just step into the thread. You don't have to post in it if you don't want to LOL. However, you don't get to say "I don't get why it's racist" is you won't read/listen to what people are saying. Also unless you have many specific examples in mind, I'd avoid false equivalence statements. Finally, while its true that Japan has a bit of "oh those wacky Japanese" reputation that is overblown, they still don't live in a bubble (Google, how does it work?). Just because I can understand the circumstances that may have bred ignorance on certain issues over there, that doesn't give particular individuals over there immunity from our critiques.

Full ratings for january 31st are finally up

http://wp.me/p3sMtz-1mQ

DBZ Kai 1,531,000 1.0

Naruto: Shippuden 1,242,000 0.8

InuYasha: The Final Act 1,116,000 0.7

One Piece 887,000 0.6

Gurren Lagann 753,000 0.5

Deadman Wonderland 740,000 0.5

Bleach 724,000 0.5

Space Dandy 655,000 0.5

Cowboy Bebop 558,000 0.4

Ghost In The Shell 535,000 0.4

IGPX 501,000 0.4

King of the Hill 512,000 0.4

King of the Hill 505,000 0.4

Raxus

So KLK did very well but then people bailed? Or people bailed during KLK but stayed around long enough to be counted?

Likely the former. KLK maintainted a high audience on average. Shippuden sank like a stone. It is hard to blame KLK when every other show maintained their ratings with very little drop.

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.9 1339 0.7

12:30a Kill La Kill 0.8 1221 0.6

1:00a Naruto: Shippuden 0.6 873 0.4

1:30a Inuyasha: The Final Act 0.6 792 0.4

2:00a Gurren Lagann 0.5 693

2:30a One Piece 0.5 714 0.3

3:00a Deadman Wonderland 0.5 705

Moaradin

Clearly moving One Piece down was the right move

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, the cosplay that KlK has inspired...Bless those women for having the courage to cosplay with those outfits.

Grexeno

Naruto filler gonna kill Toonami AGAIN

No seriously, maybe we actually have been right all along and Shippuden is an anchor on the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe Naruto will get pushed back. They said Inuyasha has been doing better than expected, maybe they'll put that up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone here know how to contact BBboy outside the forums? I need to talk to him real bad but he's always so slow to respond to PMs. Maybe twitter?

Raxus

fuck-this-thing-cat.gif

Colbert, then Ferguson, and now Jon.

My heart can't take it. Come back soon Colbert!

Sorry just had to vent elsewhere. This quickly went from being a great day to one of the worst days.

Seda

Does anyone here know how to contact BBboy outside the forums? I need to talk to him real bad but he's always so slow to respond to PMs. Maybe twitter?

If this is an emergency then I have his registration email, but of course that's private unless this is urgent.

BBboy20

Hope you and BBboy are doing ok. I think I just added BBboy as my first friend on this forum.
Well, that's nice of you.

ANd yeah, it was about the CE of Monster Hunter 4. Taken care of now.

Also, I have a confession to make: I just finished Kill La Kill...

Raxus

Well, that's nice of you.

ANd yeah, it was about the CE of Monster Hunter 4. Taken care of now.

Also, I have a confession to make: I just finished Kill La Kill...

Heck it was nice of you ;)

You are a Bad Bad boy...20.

You deserve a spanking.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Walking to my car after Integrated PR class finished at about 8:30, noticed a mini-van that has the silhouette of all the One Piece crew members on each side, plus the logo. Would've taken a pic with my 3DS, but A.) I didn't want to take a pic without the owner's permission, & B.) Too dark/cold/"omg I want to go home after 5 hours of classes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom