• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Lol I have a funny story.

Where I work I take phone calls and this one girl called and I was verifying some information. I usually do the phonetic alphabet thing because it can be hard to hear letters.

After I read it out she was like "Oh it's not f, it's s as in uh... uh... as in Super Saiyan." After a couple of seconds I heard her say under her breath, "I'm such a dork."'

In retrospect I should have been like ayyyye gurl how about you and me watch DBZ together on Saturday at my place. Ino some cool guys we can chat with.

You better not be GAFman'ing us right here. Ask her out.

Jintor

Where I work I take phone calls and this one girl called and I was verifying some information. I usually do the phonetic alphabet thing because it can be hard to hear letters.

After I read it out she was like "Oh it's not f, it's s as in uh... uh... as in Super Saiyan." After a couple of seconds I heard her say under her breath, "I'm such a dork."'

In retrospect I should have been like ayyyye gurl how about you and me watch DBZ together on Saturday at my place. Ino some cool guys we can chat with.

bro you missed the obvious ask her out moment

/edit unless you already taken

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I was actually thinking about buying Hyperdimension Neptunia on Steam one of these days, but after visiting that page NOPE

Jarate

Banned
so I was actually thinking about buying Hyperdimension Neptunia on Steam one of these days, but after visiting that page NOPE

I mean, it's moe otaku bait

I heard good things about the battle system but there's so much more out there you can be spending your time/money on

bigkrev

I always do 2 of the letters in my last name- "F as in Frank" and "Z as in Zebra". Sometimes they miss the K and I have to come up with something in the spot, usually something dumb line "K as in Killer"

I always do 2 of the letters in my last name- "F as in Frank" and "Z as in Zebra". Sometimes they miss the K and I have to come up with something in the spot, usually something dumb line "K as in Killer"

f as in foxtrot
z as in zulu
k as in kilo

usaa has me repeating this stuff all day

Jintor

lol. my friend reviewed it, gave it a 1/10, and somewhat perversely that made me kind of want to play it. I picked up a copy for like $2 somewhere and never got around to it.

she haaaaaaaaaaated that game.

Crocodile

lol. my friend reviewed it, gave it a 1/10, and somewhat perversely that made me kind of want to play it. I picked up a copy for like $2 somewhere and never got around to it.

she haaaaaaaaaaated that game.

Isn't a 1/10 supposed to be reserved for games that like literally don't work? As in game-breaking bugs up the ying yang? LOL

Soulflarz

Banned
dat male voice 3.

I didnt recognize too many of them
Obviously Yuri Lowenthal, Takahata101, and Patrick Seitz, but the others I cant confirm. I recognize a few female ones, I think Laura Bailey is there? Ive heard people say one of the male voices is JYB, I couldnt confirm though...

Jintor

Isn't a 1/10 supposed to be reserved for games that like literally don't work? As in game-breaking bugs up the ying yang? LOL

game journalism secret: all scores below 5 on a 1-10 scale are largely interchangable variations on "for the love of god don't buy this game"

Mik317

I didnt recognize too many of them
Obviously Yuri Lowenthal, Takahata101, and Patrick Seitz, but the others I cant confirm. I recognize a few female ones, I think Laura Bailey is there? Ive heard people say one of the male voices is JYB, I couldnt confirm though...

The second(??) female voice is Luci Christian (Nami from OP). One female voice is Launch's VA. Definately no JYB in there. I also feel like one of the male voices is a different dub Goku voice actor..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's why I prefer "# out of 5" scores. 1 is "Oh god don't play/watch/buy this", 2 is "Bad, but has a few redeeming qualities", 3 is "Good, but not great/average", 4 is "Great, just a few things holding it back", & 5 is "Little to no flaws, this game is awesome." It's more straight to the point & easier to understand.

It gets even more annoying when they do stuff like decimal scores (#.5 or freakin' .7 or .25 like IGN & Game Informer. Like how do you determine "HMMMM, I think I'll give this a 8.3, but a 8.4 is just too much"? Just round it to a damn 8).

daveo42

Banned
It follows a traditional grading scale more than a balanced rating scale. It most cases, anything below a 6 (or 60) is failing grade for the reviewer and shouldn't be played. It think this is one of the reasons why I like when either a reviewer or site uses either a letter scale (A-F) or gives no score whatsoever.

game journalism secret: all scores below 5 on a 1-10 scale are largely interchangable variations on "for the love of god don't buy this game"

Pretty much, though 1s seem to be reserved for either absolute seething hate or a buggy, broken game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
5 should be average; I never understood why it was so bad. It's right in the middle.

It's because most people associate it with the first and most important scoring system they come across in their lives: school grades.

9.0/90+ = A (yay, you did great!)
8.0/80 - 8.9/89 = B (hey, you did pretty good, generally speaking)
7.0/70 - 7.9/79 = C (eh, you didn't really do great, but you still got plenty more right than wrong, I guess)
6.5/65 - 6.9/69 = D (man, this is like the barest of the bare minimum to be considered even vaguely acceptable)
<6.5/65 = F (you really fucked this one up)

Of course there's some variation on these exact numbers regionally, but ballpark-wise this is about it. Once you cross the failure threshold, the scores don't really serve a purpose anymore other than to tell you just how comedically you fucked up. There's pretty much no breaking people's immediate association with this kind of system. You'll never be able to convince the general public as a whole that 5 out of 10 is "average" when it comes to a grading system because they've been conditioned from a very early age that that's not true.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Zonic, please post if your still alive after this news

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990851
frt5ln5.gif

ABOUT. DAMN. TIME.

Granted, I only JUST found out a few months ago sub accounts could get PS+ via vendor cards, but this is still great to hear when I need to add funds.

ckohler

I have it too. Going to test it out for a few months before I cancel my cable. Be forewarned though, the video is 60 seconds delayed from real time. That means when you're posting here during Toonami, you'll be a minute behind most of the people here.

I have it too. Going to test it out for a few months before I cancel my cable. Be forewarned though, the video is 60 seconds delayed from real time. That means when you're posting here during Toonami, you'll be a minute behind most of the people here.

i kinda deal with delay using the AS stream already so that's not too big of a deal

The AS stream delay last time I tested it was only like 5-10 seconds which is fairly insignificant. Even live posting odds are by the time the thread refreshes or you type out your thought you've seen the thing everyone is posting their current reactions about. 1 minute means you basically can't read the thread or things will be spoiled for you fairly consistently and reactions won't match what you're currently viewing.

Raxus

Not a big deal if you are like me and going to Cali for a week and will be behind 3 hours usually.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Because Club Nintendo is crap at the moment, I ended up getting two download codes for Doc Louis' Punch Out.

If anyone wants the other, let me know.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Because Club Nintendo is crap at the moment, I ended up getting two download codes for Doc Louis' Punch Out.

If anyone wants the other, let me know.
Me, please. Missed out when it was originally available since I went with the Mario hat.

Edit: Nevermind.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank you, appreciate it. Wanted to play that even more after downloading & replaying Punch-Out on Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom